Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Another Cosmology map from the Grimoire of the Shadowlands.

Last edited by olddog; 2021-07-15 at 04:37 AM.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    So it's just rotated 60 degrees

I was expecting something a little more... different? With more detail instead of less? Seems its only purpose is to hype up the importance of Life and Death.

I'm sure it'll change next expansion anyways.

I mean- ours is a bit more detailed with some clarifications and understandings of the greatest practitioners of the forces.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So what the Titans weight all the powers equally but the brokers weight life and death more then the rest?

Seems like a pretty unneeded reason to make another chart.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The Brokers seem to know more than the Titans tbh. So this chart makes more sense imo, especially since they focus on the forces as a primal whole, rather than showcase the basic influences

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post

I mean- ours is a bit more detailed with some clarifications and understandings of the greatest practitioners of the forces.
    Ours is only more “detailed” cause it’s what we know of the forces. The chart itself is pretty flawed.

"Refined Cosmology" - LOL

Waiting for the "Even More Refined Cosmology" from next expansion.

But at least these books look good on the shelf, so I will probably keep buying them haha

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow this second picture looks like this Celestial Shadowlands Chart relic in Korthia. Those snake symbols of death and life cycle are in Oribos as well.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-15 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

My thought too, its almost like they are meming on themselves for not being able to have any kind of congruent world building at this point.

The whole point is that it's the same but with the sides changed because it's in-story written by a Broker who figures Death is the biggest deal out there. The art is still good but it still gets my craw as much as it did in Chronicle I that the Burning Legion symbol/name is used for Fel. The Burning Legion is an organisation of demons, it's not all demons in general.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Legion is the ruling power of Disorder. No idea why you have such an irk against it.

What is this mean?

I find it interesting that they placed death away from shadow and next to light. I would expect those two to be shifted. I do like disorder being connected to life and order to death, as I feel it somewhat fits the theme of the Shadowlands as being this very ordered realm.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

What is this mean?
    Now we can bring order to everywhere we want.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Now we can bring order to everywhere we want.
    To-go orders
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

What is this mean?
    What the hell? What is this mount from? Brokers or these Attendants? Lmao seeing this cosmology chart I sense power of many elements in. Hopefully Thrall won’t go Jesus again like he went in Cataclysm.

Damn, no wonder no one on any social media was talking about this book, there's literally nothing new here.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

What you have to understand is it's just written from the titans broker's the first ones the primordial ones point of veiw.
    A poster in 2026 discussing inconsistencies between the refined chronicle 2.0 (updated supplement) and the current expansion Primordial Realms, probably.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

But at least these books look good on the shelf, so I will probably keep buying them haha
    That would be quite logical as we really don't know anything about greater cosmology of the wow universe. Each cosmology chart we have made until now has been from the perspective and knowledge of one of the cosmic forces we knew about. Now that we are getting acquainted with more of them, our idea about the cosmology is changing and becoming more refined. So next expansion, we will learn something new and will refine the cosmology chart more.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

So...what's the great cycle?

The name implies that there some cyclical event going on, yet it's just the "Spiritual Force" (meaning, Spirit, Decay, Air, Fire, Water, Earth) displayed in a cyclical fashion, without any cyclical behavior to them.

There is fucking nothing.