Thread: conduits are

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So WHO doesnt hit it? As this thread is showing, its basically unheard of, with some even saying they didnt know there was a limit. Why not just block swapping in certain situations?
    What situations? You can only change em at your covenant. If the limitation wasnt there with energy we would have garbage threads like "having to go to covenant every boss to change conduits is annoying"



    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wouldn’t they be the ones treating it like a sport if they’re making the “rules”? Ie., only being able to switch Conduits every so often.
    Whatever youre smoking, you should take less. It doesnt seem to treat you very well. But good job with the strawman.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Pretty much this.

    "Alright, we got this boss down. Everybody who needs to back to their sanctums to change conduits for the next one."

    For every boss.
    People still do that though… so no that didn’t accomplish that goal. I’ve hearthed out and summoned many people back, changing Conduits.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    What situations? You can only change em at your covenant. If the limitation wasnt there with energy we would have garbage threads like "having to go to covenant every boss to change conduits is annoying"





    Whatever youre smoking, you should take less. It doesnt seem to treat you very well. But good job with the strawman.
    I’m still waiting on your “good” reason why there’s a cooldown on changing Conduits. Is it perhaps, because there isn’t one?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

    I’m still waiting on your “good” reason why there’s a cooldown on changing Conduits. Is it perhaps, because there isn’t one?
    Yeah you really have to stop with em drugs since i clearly already stated it, but since you need to be told twice: Its so you dont treat it like talents and intend to change em every fight. The system is clearly made to be customizable but not on a fight to fight basis.

    Which is also very obvious if you took more than five seconds to look at the system.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-07-16 at 05:22 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    What situations? You can only change em at your covenant. If the limitation wasnt there with energy we would have garbage threads like "having to go to covenant every boss to change conduits is annoying"
    WHO? Who would be doing that, when they are not doing it now? It just isnt reality, and the point you raised was, ironically, MY point - there are already restrictions in place to discourage constant swapping - if people are not doing it now, why would they with no limit?

    Your argument suggests people would be traveling back and forth between pulls changing them, but that is not happening now? You dont find that to be....somewhat contradictory?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-16 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    That's not true
    I know things are getting kind of retarded, but equating optimal with playable now?
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I don't mind conduits, what I don't like is upgrading them, especially when you need to farm a currency for several weeks to throw into random upgrades you didn't want.
    This is the biggest bullshit around the whole system. It's such a bad design.
    Like seriously... wth. It's expensive to upgrade from a time-invested perspective as well.
    They want players to decide which conduits to play with, but then leave everything to chance after all.

    It's one of these things where a normal player/person can't help but ask himself "why did they do this?!"

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    WHO? Who would be doing that, when they are not doing it now? It just isnt reality, and the point you raised was, ironically, MY point - there are already restrictions in place to discourage constant swapping - if people are not doing it now, why would they with no limit?
    They arn't doing it now..... because.... there is a...... limit.

    If i can swap conduits for 2 bosses out of x, it's pointless. If I can swap for every boss, as a player that likes to min/max I would feel compelled to go back every time it was necessary. Obvious exceptions include multiple bosses in a row that don't need swaps.

    Now they could have made a ui like the talent page and have it changeable with a tome which would make energy redundant. But as it stands right now with having to swap at the covenant hall it would be aids.

    Now reading many threads you are in your are going to go off on some completely made up tangent that has nothing to do with this post after not reading any of it and reeeee at random people so good luck.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    WHO? Who would be doing that, when they are not doing it now? It just isnt reality, and the point you raised was, ironically, MY point - there are already restrictions in place to discourage constant swapping - if people are not doing it now, why would they with no limit?

    Your argument suggests people would be traveling back and forth between pulls changing them, but that is not happening now? You dont find that to be....somewhat contradictory?
    The guy literally above me said he does it though. So what is it now, are people doing it or not? How are they doing it, do people like him have secret infinite energy or are they just obviously lying. If they do it, why does this thread exists in the first place if they can clearly already do it?


    The thing is, the limitation exists so you cant do it constantly. If you want to switch for a specific boss because you progress on it for a while now, then BAM customization, you commit to it. But the energy restricts you from doing that every boss nonstop like just some talent 8-10x a night.

    Its kinda sad how often i have to repeat myself in this thread, but its very obvious if you took more than five seconds to look at the system.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-07-16 at 05:56 AM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The guy literally above me said he does it though. So what is it now, are people doing it or not? How are they doing it, do people like him have secret infinite energy or are they just obviously lying. If they do it, why does this thread exists in the first place if they can clearly already do it?


    The thing is, the limitation exists so you cant do it constantly. If you want to switch for a specific boss because you progress on it for a while now, then BAM customization, you commit to it. But the energy restricts you from doing that every boss nonstop like just some talent 8-10x a night.

    Its kinda sad how often i have to repeat myself in this thread, but its very obvious if you took more than five seconds to look at the system.
    Did you read the post above? Because that is not at all what they said. If people were constantly switching there would be outrage over the limit - there isnt. You know why?> Because people are NOT swapping them frequently at all, and it has nothing at all to do with the cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hopefully more people bail and they panic then drop the sub fee or the box price, or both.
    expansions are ALWAYS selling like hotcakes, no matter how good or bad the expansion end up being, so box price will never go away

    and subscription MIGHT go away if their sub numbers go terribly low, but i doubt we are anywhere near that, and if iy happens there would be massive influx of items on shop to make up for it, so no, thanks

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Did you read the post above? Because that is not at all what they said. If people were constantly switching there would be outrage over the limit - there isnt. You know why?> Because people are NOT swapping them frequently at all, and it has nothing at all to do with the cooldown.
    Dude, read what they are saying, they are right. People are not changing because there is a limit, if there wasn't, you'd port out between every boss and change. That part of the system works like intended.
    If I'm doing dungeons for the night I'll set my dungeon conduits and go, I won't keep swapping for every dungeon even though some conduits preform slightly better in some dungeons. Then for raid night I'll set my best raid conduits and go, I won't swap for every boss, because it's not possible.
    Then on progress you set what is optimal for that boss.
    There is enough energy to do that and never run out, but not enough to swap for every dungeon and boss.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Dude, read what they are saying, they are right. People are not changing because there is a limit, if there wasn't, you'd port out between every boss and change.
    They are NOT saying what was claimed though, not at all. And secondly - citation needed. You have ZERO evidence that this "would" happen other than it fits your narrative. If this was the case, people would be hitting the cap constantly, and this thread is saying that is not the case at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah you really have to stop with em drugs since i clearly already stated it, but since you need to be told twice: Its so you dont treat it like talents and intend to change em every fight. The system is clearly made to be customizable but not on a fight to fight basis.

    Which is also very obvious if you took more than five seconds to look at the system.
    You can change talents every fight though?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    expansions are ALWAYS selling like hotcakes, no matter how good or bad the expansion end up being, so box price will never go away

    and subscription MIGHT go away if their sub numbers go terribly low, but i doubt we are anywhere near that, and if iy happens there would be massive influx of items on shop to make up for it, so no, thanks
    Sadly, thats not how things work. You are right in thinking that makes sense, but its just not the case. Sadly, when things start to struggle, it is far closer to "We are once again asking for your subscription" rather than "things are on a serious decline, we are removing it". Things like CD's are proof of this, at least locally. When that media format started to fail due to extensive pirating, as well as the slow introduction of services like Apple and Spotify, the geniuses in charge figured that since they were selling substantially less CDs, the best solution was to INCREASE prices, rather than reduce. Its a total tangent but I often wonder how different it would have been if they had SLASHED the price of CD's, instead of leaving it the same or ramping it up.

    And yes, you are probably right to assume that even with a box price, even with an expansion box price, Acti-Blizz would drastically change their shop to counteract the lost income.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You can change talents every fight though?
    Yes, but they are saying if you could do the same with conduits, that would be bad. For some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  15. #55
    I hate the energy system. A few weeks ago I leveled my monk alt and as I tried to set up a soulbind for each spec I ran out of energy. So I had to wait to fill em out. Yes you get 1 energy when you level up your renown but I didn't have the right conduits early on so that didn't really help much. Took me several days of waiting to finally fully fill my windwalker spec. Granted that is the least played spec for me on that monk.

    For my Death knight I mostly hate it because I don't like general draven as a soulbind for most specs. So if I want to swap between unholy pve, frost pvp and blood for raiding I have to keep altering either theotar or nadja. But I just stopped doing pvp because that is the most efficient method of not having to deal with the energy.

    Energy is preventing me from playing arround with different conduits, testing them out to see which small effects I like most for my gameplay and its preventing me from participating in a most optimal way in different aspects of the game. Sure I could go with the less optimal route but in all forms of content I would be activly sabotaging my allies by not going with the optimal setup.

    Either energy needs to go or soulbinds should be allowed to set up uniquely for each spec. So each spec has 3 soulbinds to fill up.

    Yes I know most people arn't affected by the energy. But thats just even more reason to ditch the system. If it has 0 impact on you it doens't matter if its there or not. But others are activly hampered by it and it only serves to annoy those players. 0 impact on some, annoys others. Sounds like something that has to go.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Dude, read what they are saying, they are right. People are not changing because there is a limit, if there wasn't, you'd port out between every boss and change. That part of the system works like intended.
    If I'm doing dungeons for the night I'll set my dungeon conduits and go, I won't keep swapping for every dungeon even though some conduits preform slightly better in some dungeons. Then for raid night I'll set my best raid conduits and go, I won't swap for every boss, because it's not possible.
    Then on progress you set what is optimal for that boss.
    There is enough energy to do that and never run out, but not enough to swap for every dungeon and boss.
    We have enough powers to swap right now per boss early in progression and you know how many people I seen run to go swap conduits during a raid.... ZERO!

    The majority arent swapping per boss, per dungeon. The majority are the ones who equip it and forget about it. An Even if Blizzard removed the cap the majority will still leave it and forget about it. Removing the cap isn't going to automatically change their behavior.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    expansions are ALWAYS selling like hotcakes, no matter how good or bad the expansion end up being, so box price will never go away

    and subscription MIGHT go away if their sub numbers go terribly low, but i doubt we are anywhere near that, and if iy happens there would be massive influx of items on shop to make up for it, so no, thanks
    Guild Wars 2 does it and the content is great and unaffected, also it is proven a shop with more stuff makes far more money than subs will and with a sub you actually deter people from spending more money, it is a barrier to entry and in some countries the monthly fee is just not worth it anymore.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Guild Wars 2 does it and the content is great
    unless they made some MASSIVE improvements since last time i played it (about year ago) its not, but thats matter of opinion

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    it is a barrier to entry
    and thank god for that, keeps a lot of toxic morons out, f2p mmos are swarming with them, so again, no thanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    in some countries the monthly fee is just not worth it anymore.
    i live in quite poor country, yet the price is still a steal to me, so unless you talk about some "shithole" countries (where it was NEVER worth that much money) you are wrong about that

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    unless they made some MASSIVE improvements since last time i played it (about year ago) its not, but thats matter of opinion

    - - - Updated - - -



    and thank god for that, keeps a lot of toxic morons out, f2p mmos are swarming with them, so again, no thanks

    - - - Updated - - -



    i live in quite poor country, yet the price is still a steal to me, so unless you talk about some "shithole" countries (where it was NEVER worth that much money) you are wrong about that
    21$ CAD is unreasonable for the little they provide, and when you want to play 2 people in a household that is 42$ a month, very unrealistic here. Considering Gamepass is like 16.50 CAD and provides way more entertainment and you can share it with another person.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So why not remove it and let the 2 players who have ever hit it do whatever they want?
    Because the investment to remove it is more than what you'd get from making those 2 players feel a little better, so it isn't worth bothering. Just like i already said in the part you quoted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •