Thread: conduits are

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If you want to run the optimal follower 100% of the time, yes, or play a Druid. Conduit Energy shouldn't be a thing. It's literally the same thing from BFA at the beginning when they capped how often you could switch Azerite Traits, and then decided to put a doubling gold cost on it instead. They could just do that if they wanted. It should be free, but at least that would be better than having to wait. I don't get why they never learn from their past mistakes. it's actually pretty irritating.
    I agree. One has no other option, but to test it on ptr, which is no problem ofc, but why in the first place... They could simply return to Essence Logic. And by far Essences made every specc viable. They generated and motivated niche play, unlike conduits. Where you get "gutted" when you swap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    It's taken you this long to work out how this system works?
    No, but i was giving the system time to work out, which it did not. so i share my thoughts. nice we got your thought tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I get the conduit issue, last tier I got my best ones last and this tier its following the same logic, almost like its on purpose.
    Yes, it nearly seems like they coded it this way. Like all WQ giving -40% itemlvl value (upgradeable by advancing hometown tho)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Love how i get upgrade tokens from kortia but every time I use them they level me tank and heal conduits... im playing dps xD. Its like the RNG hates me.
    Yeah more likely they have a code that makes you think that rng hates you.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see conduits shift into essence system, it would promote diversity

- - - Updated - - -

they could code a "box of many things" that works with conduits, but uses essences system

- - - Updated - - -

removing them from soulbindtree and make soulbind tree the new talent trees
    love WoWarcraft

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I was today old, when I learned conduit energy was a thing...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have full conduit energy 99% of the time. I ran out of conduit energy just once after switching covenants. I recommend using one of the 3 soulbinds for each spec and decide what kind of content (raiding, m+, pvp) you want to me optimized for - then you will rarely change anything. If you play only one or two specs it's even easier. Also you can farm low m+ for most 226 conduits and upgrade the remaining ones with the daily korthia item.
    Last edited by Beatman; 2021-07-15 at 02:14 PM.

The problem with conduit energy is mostly that conduits and soulbinds exist. They consumed considerable developer resources and offer nothing interesting in terms of gameplay. Those resources could have been put into something else, like fixing broken talents or core class features (mastery, scaling) but instead we got garbage that are mostly passive buffs you barely even notice but are (sadly) to important to ignore if you do competitive content.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Conduits have failed in every area. People who play difficulties where they matter are annoyed by them. People who don't play harder modes don't notice or care.

Its just a shittier glyph system

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I have never heard of this either. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a problem for someone, but in my mythic raiding guild at least nobody had an issue with conduit energy. That's not to say it's a useful feature, if anything they could remove it, but how many are really impacted by it?
    i used to get close when I would tank/heal/dps keys in the same day and still raid. Those were the dark times when pelagos was better than kleia for healing and mikanikos for tanking (aka early xpac). Now I sit comfortably with 1 soulbind good for each spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who actually switches em out nonstop to run out of energy?

Looks like another thread that just trys way too hard to find some justification to hate on the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm playing a druid and don't have that issue. Heck, i barely ever change them. You're never going to be optimal 100% of the time, and i'd argue that you shouldn't be able to.
    Yeah you should be. I’d like to hear your argument as to why you shouldn’t be able to. There’s literally people that have duplicate classes in different/same covenants so they can be optimal in pvp and pve. Changing Conduits should not have a recharge time. It’s just there to piss people off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

Looks like another thread that just trys way too hard to find some justification to hate on the game.
    Looks like another poster defending Blizzard’s dumb decision making.

For people defending the system by saying "hardly anyone ever reaches the cap, its a non-issue" I have a question - if it is so extremely rare to reach the cap...........why does it need to be there at all?

- - - Updated - - -

So I ask you the above question - if no one ever reaches this cap, why have it there at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

So I ask you the above question - if no one ever reaches this cap, why have it there at all?
    So you dont change em nonstop like talents?

Looks like another poster defending Blizzard’s dumb decision making.
    Oh, fuckin, please. Get off your highhorse, you make it sound like people totally arent treatin it almost like a sport to shit on blizzard ANY way they can nowadays. This thread is textbook example too, takes random thing that gives OP minor inconvience and overexaggerate EXTREMLY. Its rather pathetic tbh.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-07-16 at 04:36 AM.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For people defending the system by saying "hardly anyone ever reaches the cap, its a non-issue" I have a question - if it is so extremely rare to reach the cap...........why does it need to be there at all?
    If it's rare but does happen, it makes sense. The system isn't designed to prevent switching, it is designed to limit it. That'll naturally only apply to those pushing limits. If people constantly hit it, there's a design issue; switching is to important to gameplay to have such a limitation. If nobody ever hits it, it is pointless, but there'd also be no point to removing it since it wouldn't affect anybody anyway.

Since most people don't hit it, it is therefore either doing its job, or not worth bothering to change. Arguing that it shouldn't have been implemented is pointless, since it already is.

I don't mind conduits, what I don't like is upgrading them, especially when you need to farm a currency for several weeks to throw into random upgrades you didn't want.

If it's rare but does happen, it makes sense. The system isn't designed to prevent switching, it is designed to limit it. That'll naturally only apply to those pushing limits. If people constantly hit it, there's a design issue; switching is to important to gameplay to have such a limitation. If nobody ever hits it, it is pointless, but there'd also be no point to removing it since it wouldn't affect anybody anyway.

Since most people don't hit it, it is therefore either doing its job, or not worth bothering to change. Arguing that it shouldn't have been implemented is pointless, since it already is.
    I can't remember if it was just covenants or both covenants and conduits but I remember the reason was to cut out some of the switching your entire character every 5 minutes from boss to boss or dungeon to dungeon.

Don't care either way I just remember something like that being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I can't remember if it was just covenants or both covenants and conduits but I remember the reason was to cut out some of the switching your entire character every 5 minutes from boss to boss or dungeon to dungeon.

Don't care either way I just remember something like that being said.
    But if people are not doing that anyway, why does it matter? Read the thread, most people are saying they were not even aware there was a limit. 1

- - - Updated - - -

So why not remove it and let the 2 players who have ever hit it do whatever they want?

- - - Updated - - -

So WHO doesnt hit it? As this thread is showing, its basically unheard of, with some even saying they didnt know there was a limit. Why not just block swapping in certain situations?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-16 at 05:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

It’s just there to piss people off.
    Yes, clearly it's there to piss people off. Makes TOTAL sense...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Conduits are indeed an un-needed pain in the arse.
    A system that is not fun, not creative and not particularly impactful.

Their only real purpose is to keep the perfectionists playing and grinding away.

The energy cost is completely useless... i mean; i don't think i used more than 4 charges for switching out conduits thus far... and that was mostly during the 1st 2 weeks of the expansion.

Oh, fuckin, please. Get off your highhorse, you make it sound like people totally arent treatin it almost like a sport to shit on blizzard ANY way they can nowadays. This thread is textbook example too, takes random thing that gives OP minor inconvience and overexaggerate EXTREMLY. Its rather pathetic tbh.
    Wouldn’t they be the ones treating it like a sport if they’re making the “rules”? Ie., only being able to switch Conduits every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    the reason was to cut out some of the switching your entire character every 5 minutes from boss to boss or dungeon to dungeon.
    Pretty much this.

"Alright, we got this boss down. Everybody who needs to back to their sanctums to change conduits for the next one."

For every boss.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Yes, clearly it's there to piss people off. Makes TOTAL sense...
    Yep. Just like when Blizzard puts ridiculous cooldowns on toys that only change your appearance. No toys that change your appearance should have a cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    So WHO doesnt hit it? As this thread is showing, its basically unheard of, with some even saying they didnt know there was a limit. Why not just block swapping in certain situations?
    What situations? You can only change em at your covenant. If the limitation wasnt there with energy we would have garbage threads like "having to go to covenant every boss to change conduits is annoying"

Wouldn’t they be the ones treating it like a sport if they’re making the “rules”? Ie., only being able to switch Conduits every so often.
    Whatever youre smoking, you should take less. It doesnt seem to treat you very well. But good job with the strawman.