Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    "This clockwork universe" - Aeonus

    The comparisons to clockwork in reference to the universe have been made before. It's not surprising.
    It doesn't, necessarily, have to be about time:

    "Clockworks, also known as clockwerks, are a type of technology created from gears, steam, and other simple mechanical devices. The most famous clockwork mechanisms are mechanical devices and automatons, including goblin shredders and the race of self-reproducing clockworks, the automatons or the devices use perpetual motion or near-perpetual motion to function over long periods of time without recharging."

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    No. There will never be a Tinker class.


    How naive.

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Where did I say you are advocating it? I used the word "speculation" and...

    ...sounds like speculation to me.


    I think i was just trying to clarify things.
    I probably meant to comment on 8bithamster.

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Tinkers use our Azerothian tech. Why would they be involved in an expansion with tech far beyond our own and why would they still be tossing around our shit after finding titan tech? And if they do covert to titan tech you might as well call them laser knights or some shit because the abilities would be so different it would be like a different class.
    I'll pass.
    I think i prefer our good ol' Tinkers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think that's actually a pretty cool idea.

    I do have a feeling we're heading towards an Infinite Dragonflight enemy expansion, like 'World of Warcraft: Infinite', so this class would be an interesting twist to tie in Tinkers and give them an interesting twist.
    I would say a Dragonsworn would be more likely than that.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah they had been?

    Every expansion was announced in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I'll pass.
    I think i prefer our good ol' Tinkers.
    Thats my point. Tinkers wouldn't make sense in a god tech level expansion when they are tossing around Azeroth level tech. And it would make even less sense for them to use down graded tech when they could be summoning death laser orbs and other insane Titan tech.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I would say a Dragonsworn would be more likely than that.
    Very true, which is why I'm not talking about what classes are likely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  4. #44
    If it comes to time stuff, keep in mind there's already a time-based theoretical class, complete with three NPCs who clearly each represent a spec, seeded in the game since MoP:

    Timewalkers. Specifically, on the Timeless Isle, the three spec-NPCs are:

    Warden Virgil (Tank):

    Those who meddle with the timeways for their own selfish ends are often dangerous.
    It is for this reason I joined Wardens, staunch defenders of the Timewalkers.
    We guard the Watchers and Weavers as they go about their tasks.
    Watcher Bianca (DPS): (I confess, of the three, the dialogue is the least spec-sounding, but as the Watchers were named alongside the Weavers by Virgil, it seems they're the DPS spec. edit: And her TCG card calls her a "Timewalker Mage", so a damage-dealing sort)

    The Watchers are the Timewalkers' scholars and scouts, researchers and spies.
    We watch the timeways and record, investigate, and report temporal tampering and unusual phenomena.
    It was a Watcher, of course, that brought the Timewalkers' attention to this bizarre, timeless isle.
    Weaver Belmaril (Healer): (edit: Interestingly, Belmaril's TCG card calls them a bloodmage which is...a bit unhealer like, to say the least Still, their dialogue in WoW talks of repair as seen below)

    The Weavers are arcanists who specialize in chronomancy; the art of weaving time.
    Amongst the Timewalkers, we alone can repair damage to the timeways, open temporal portals, and other such tasks.
    These things once came easily to the bronze dragonflight, but alas, no longer.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-07-16 at 07:22 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Thats my point. Tinkers wouldn't make sense in a god tech level expansion when they are tossing around Azeroth level tech. And it would make even less sense for them to use down graded tech when they could be summoning death laser orbs and other insane Titan tech.
    Well, no... But that cogwheel is really suspicious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Very true, which is why I'm not talking about what classes are likely to happen.
    Sounds like you do:
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think that's actually a pretty cool idea.

    I do have a feeling we're heading towards an Infinite Dragonflight enemy expansion, like 'World of Warcraft: Infinite', so this class would be an interesting twist to tie in Tinkers and give them an interesting twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    If it comes to time stuff, keep in mind there's already a time-based theoretical class, complete with three NPCs who clearly each represent a spec, seeded in the game since MoP:

    Timewalkers. Specifically, on the Timeless Isle, the three spec-NPCs are:

    Warden Virgil (Tank):
    Warrior.

    Watcher Bianca (DPS): (I confess, of the three, the dialogue is the least spec-sounding, but as the Watchers were named alongside the Weavers by Virgil, it seems they're the DPS spec. edit: And her TCG card calls her a "Timewalker Mage", so a damage-dealing sort)
    Mage.

    Weaver Belmaril (Healer): (edit: Interestingly, Belmaril's TCG card calls them a bloodmage which is...a bit unhealer like, to say the least Still, their dialogue in WoW talks of repair as seen below)
    Mage.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Warrior.

    Mage.

    Mage.
    Warden, Watcher, and Weaver, as I said. Unless you think mages are suddenly the healing type which, as I main one, would be news to me.

    They're all describing their class. Three NPCs, all of the same class, each with a single spec that relates to tanking, DPS, and healing.

    Use your imagination a little here.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sounds like you do:
    Sure, because you tend to read into things that aren't being said.

    If I said a flying car would be neat and 'I have a feeling we are moving towards exploring anti-gravity technology', it doesn't mean I'm saying it's likely to happen. I'm saying I think it's a cool idea and how I think it could work.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-16 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Warden, Watcher, and Weaver, as I said. Unless you think mages are suddenly the healing type which, as I main one, would be news to me.

    They're all describing their class. Three NPCs, all of the same class, each with a single spec that relates to tanking, DPS, and healing.

    Use your imagination a little here.
    You just bolded what you wanted:

    we alone can repair damage to the timeways,open temporal portals
    Repair damage to the timeways, not people.
    Portals is already something mages do.
    and, unless you have forgotten Alter Time, they do revert damage (on themselves):

    Alter Time
    1% of base mana
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Mage (Arcane)
    Requires level 19
    Alters the fabric of time, returning you to your current location and health when cast a second time, or after 10 seconds. Effect negated by long distance or death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure, because you tend to read into things that aren't being said.

    If I said a flying car would be neat and 'I have a feeling we are moving towards exploring anti-gravity technology', it doesn't mean I'm saying it's likely to happen. I'm saying I think it's a cool idea and how I think it could work.
    Whatever you say, man.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Warden, Watcher, and Weaver, as I said. Unless you think mages are suddenly the healing type which, as I main one, would be news to me.

    They're all describing their class. Three NPCs, all of the same class, each with a single spec that relates to tanking, DPS, and healing.

    Use your imagination a little here.
    That's how I can see it being done, like the Timewalkers on Timeless Isles.

    Some people just lack imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Some people just lack imagination.
    I guess you're referring to me.

    I mean, it does make some sense. After all, the Time Lord Regalia looks like that:
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Every expansion was announced in 2011?



    Thats my point. Tinkers wouldn't make sense in a god tech level expansion when they are tossing around Azeroth level tech. And it would make even less sense for them to use down graded tech when they could be summoning death laser orbs and other insane Titan tech.
    Use the search function for yourself. People had been suggesting Demon Hunters years in advance. I just posted one screenshot, you can go find the rest of the many threads for yourself.

  12. #52
    Tinker class would get me interested in the game again. Therefore, no, i don't think they will do it.

  13. #53
    I could get behind Tinkers based on Titan technology, mainly because gnomes and goblins are stupid whereas the titans are cool as hell
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I could get behind Tinkers based on Titan technology, mainly because gnomes and goblins are stupid whereas the titans are cool as hell
    Sounds kinda weird, since the whole premise for Tinkers are Goblins and Gnomes.
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sounds kinda weird, since the whole premise for Tinkers are Goblins and Gnomes.
    Yep, because goblin and gnomish engineering can hold a candle to something like Ulduar.

    I don't care if they're derivatives or "the premise for Tinkers" lmao aesthetically they're dul in comparison.

    Not to mention basing it on Titans would open the class up to more races which is just all around a pro.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2021-07-17 at 09:16 AM.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  16. #56
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,121
    After the lack of Dark Rangers and Necromancers in Shadowlands, pretty much the only viable class concept remaining is the Tinker/Technology class.

    What expansion can bring in that class remains to be seen. However, I still have a suspicion that the Undermine expansion April Fool's gag was actually a purposeful leak, and that's going to be an actual upcoming expansion. It wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard teased actual new content through an April Fool's gag.

    If Undermine is a real expansion, then the class is indeed Tinker, and it's going to be Goblin/Gnome centric with probably only Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes capable of being Tinkers.

    If Blizzard decides to create a more generalized technology class, then you could bring in the class with something Titan or Lightbound related.

    In the end, everything simply points to the next class being related to the last remaining WC3 heroes without abilities in the class lineup; The Goblin Tinker and the Goblin Alchemist.

  17. #57
    NO CAN WE LEAVE THE TINKERS BEHIND

    And why on earth would the titans bring them?
    I really dont understand why so many people ask for the tinkers as a class

  18. #58
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    NO CAN WE LEAVE THE TINKERS BEHIND

    And why on earth would the titans bring them?
    I really dont understand why so many people ask for the tinkers as a class
    Because they've been a part of Warcraft lore for decades and we have multiple races that could benefit from their inclusion.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Yep, because goblin and gnomish engineering can hold a candle to something like Ulduar.

    I don't care if they're derivatives or "the premise for Tinkers" lmao aesthetically they're dul in comparison.

    Not to mention basing it on Titans would open the class up to more races which is just all around a pro.
    What's so cool about titan technology?

    And, beside Goblins and Gnomes, Dwarves, Maybe Draenei (they have artificers), Worgen (19th century England steampunk), Dark Iron Dwarves (as technological as the dwarves), Mechagnomes, Lightoforged Draenei (use Lightforged battleframes), Orcs (operate shredders in Siege of Orgrimmar), Forsaken (co-operated with the Goblins in War of Thorns) and Mag'har Orcs, (use Iron Horde technology) might be Tinkers as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    And why on earth would the titans bring them?
    Because of that cogwheel on the Brokers' cosmological chart, which represents Order (titans)?
    Commenting on these forums is like walking on eggshells - you never know where the next infraction is gonna come from.

  20. #60
    Yes... I can imagine it now.


    Pseudo-god beings comprised of Arcane magic and cosmic benevolence who ordered the entire universe and cultivated life on multiple planets descend from the heavens once again to to give their children... glorified robotic suits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •