Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Norton's, though his too looks groomed..less, but hulk isn't supposed to look like he is having a neat haircut, comic hulk I grew up with looked more neantherthal than homo sapien, movie hulk they are trying to make look more relatable which I don't like..

She hulk however looked like a homo sapien, just taller, not...whatever passes for she hulk today..
    She's supposed to be hulk's opposite, kept her humanity..
    I don't understand why people like that banner (ruffalo) looks like hulk..or smart hulk, it ruins the whole jekyll n hyde concept, the whole point is that u get an uncontrolable person, its what sets hulk apart from other strong characters like colossus or the thing, those kept their persona, especially colossus
    Jesus Christ...you're now attacking the MCU because you don't like the fucking haircuts....smh

What the fuck...
    Yes, She-Hulk was breaking the 4th wall long before Deadpool.

Ruffalo's Hulk. 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    there is zero question who is better actor, Edward is one of best actors EVER
    The problem is his ego, someone like Norton can't be part of a big clown group of MCU, heck an actor like Robert himself now is too big for MCU, and it is the biggest reason why they killed him off, because his salary is bigger than most movies budgets
    It is criminal to compare someone who has a lot more appearance and material as hulk vs someone who appeared only once, and was public about how bad it was making that movie
    If u want to see who 'can' be better, see Norton at his best movie vs Ruffalo
    As for who did a better hulk, it is Ruffalo but not because he is better, but because they fucked Norton own movie (mostly due to his ego and he always has view, but since he does that in all his movies and they are always great, i bet if they did let him do as he wanted, the movie would been better)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Not a big fan of any of them.

In a cinematic universe where casting has been exceptional both are ...average at best. Maybe that's the problem: maybe RDJ is SO Tony Stark ( to the point that the character in comics has become RDJ) and Hemsworth is so Thor,etc. that makes Ruffalo/Norton just "meh!"( even to this day: Pugh, Harbour and Weisz are A+). They both a lack an essential tragic element that yeah, try, but not achieve.Among all the characters created by Lee/Kirby this is the one that best represent the Frankenstein Syndrome ( our fear about how the technology can change us) and is difficult to see this is the MCU.

The character itself does not help either. The fundamental concept of Hulk is understanding this is no schizophrenia, this is not a malfunction of Banner psique. The Gamma accident created a different persona that now has to share a physical identity (not body) with Banner.

This is the premise writters have used for the last 20 years because they understood it is the only Hulk that works and the MCU did not fully adapt to this because we have "Hulk Smash!!" in Avengers transitioning into a separate persona in "Ragnarok" tansitioning into "Banner is in charge" in End Game.

The stupid Hulk is another aspect that got erased for the last 2 decades because it just did not work. Hulk was born in the accident so for the first years you can see him in a child state: learning and understanding his enviroment that is usually very hostile ( thank you Gen. Ross!!). Over the course of the years the character evolved and got into a mature state where the "Leave Hulk Alone!!" is no more a thing. The stupid Hulk just does not work anymore, everybody understood this ( but the MCU) because although he is not about solving diferential equations (that's for Maestro and Proff. Hulk) he shows a high tactical intelligence ( many...many...storyarcs where he wins by using the right tactic not just Smash!!). The best comparision would be Conan: is Conan stupid? No, not really. He probably knows shit about maths but he is extremely smart about his craft: fighting.

Does anyone not love Planet Hulk/World War Hulk? Anyone? Because I have yet to meet a single person who don't. This is the right Hulk.

So it's a combination of factors that gets piled on top of each other:

1. Not setting a clear distinction about Banner/Hulk persona.
    2. Getting back to the primitive stupid Hulk we haven't seen for decades.
    3. Some weird course correction in the story like the Natasha affair that got solved in a head nod "Hey!", "hey!" in Infinite War ( that was...fucking weird)
    4. A narrative that usually uses him as a mechanism for other characters shine ( the fight in the Helicarrier vs Thor, the fight against the Hulkbuster...)

...and the most incomprehensible of all ( i'm still scratching my head in confussion): not-a-single moment of "Ohhh Fuck,fuck,fuck....Hulk is REALLY angry now...big mistake. Now hulk is gonna smash". The closest ( and is nowhere near that) is the Hulkbuster breaking a tooth and I don't say the "That's my secret Captain. I'm always angry" moment is not cool ,no, it's really cool but does not capture the idea of a emotional breakdown that triggers the Hulk real strength. Instead of using Nat's death to do that...he throws a bank to a lake...../Iwantocryjpg. There's narrative tools in the comics that just can't be translated into a film...and this is not one of them: a Hulk outburst could be a fantastic cinematographic moment and they just choose to not use it.

So what can I say? I don't know if Marvel Studios always saw him as a secondary character ( in almost 6 hours of Inifity Saga he is in....the first 5 minutes) and I don't know the extent of how the licensing affected but we have a not great casting ( not awful either) dumped into a character that most of the times looks accesory to the story.

It was fucking difficult for Norton/Ruffalo to shine in this context.
    Damn, you just melted my computer screen with what may just be the single most in depth description of what makes the character tick and how he should be written, and obviously has not. I feel if Norton had stayed along, maybe he could have gotten a more coherent story arc instead of becoming comic relief, but why would Feige want to butt heads with someone who may know what's best for just one of the many characters he is charged with overseeing an universe of stories for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    In my opinion Ruffalo's Hulk is better.

Also, where is this "Edward Norton being an uncooperative douche" coming from? Just curious.
    There have been rumors for years, somewhat unfounded and somewhat so in regards to the decision to re-cast Edward Norton (why would you if he gave no problems?) Norton reportedly was being, well, Norton. He's known to be very critical of the creative process and involved in wanting to do re-writes and constantly opinionate. For Kevin Feige who is paid and charged with keeping the reins and executing a coherent vision for a shared superhero universe, something Norton himself wouldn't care for. Norton supposedly was so upset with production of Incredible Hulk that he ditched promoting the movie. Seeing as Avengers was the endgame (pun), Feige didn't want any potential wolves in the hen house that could rock the house (a highly opinionated Norton who would have undoubtedly clashed with Joss Whedon and would not want to play second fiddle to RDJ's Tony Stark.)

Feige never outright came out and said Norton is uncooperative and was replaced because of it, but he said something along the lines of "casting someone that would embody a cooperative spirit or something, here are some quotes, and also insight into how Hulk might have had a more serious arc with Norton in the role.

“Well, no. I loved the ‘Hulk’ comics. I believed they were very mythic. And what Chris Nolan had done with Batman was going down a path that I aligned with: long, dark and serious. If there was ever a thing that I thought had that in it, it was the Hulk. It’s literally the Promethean myth. I laid out a two-film thing: The origin and then the idea of Hulk as the conscious dreamer, the guy who can handle the trip. And they were like,”That’s what we want!” As it turned out, that wasn’t what they wanted. But I had a great time doing it. I got on great with Kevin Feige.” - Norton

In the press release announcing the decision to move forward without Edward Norton as the Hulk, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige stated the decision was made due to the need to find an actor “who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.” Edward Norton described the press release as “cheap,” noting that wanted to take the Hulk in a direction Marvel Studios wasn’t interested in and that he admittedly wanted more money than they were willing to pay. However, the actor commended Kevin Feige for pulling off his grand plan for the franchise:

“Yeah, which was cheap. It was brand defensiveness or something. Ultimately they weren’t going for long, dark and serious. But it doesn’t matter. We had positive discussions about going on with the films, and we looked at the amount of time that would’ve taken, and I wasn’t going to do that. I honestly would’ve wanted more money than they’d have wanted to pay me. But that’s not why I would’ve wanted to do another “Hulk” movie anyway. I went and did all the other things I wanted to do, and what Kevin Feige has done is probably one of the best executions of a business plan in the history of the entertainment industry. As a Disney shareholder, you should be on your feet for what they pulled off.”

7+ Year Old Account
    lol Edward Norton Hulk was the best by a mile, he was bigger more ripped and looked angry as fuck.

His fight with abomination was one of the best fight in marvel movies i can remember, that movie also brought the hulk essence, where the angrier he gets stronger he become, being able to overpower the villain, plus, it show some cool tricks like the sonic clap(?) and the seismic thing by punching the ground, awesome.

Mark ruffalo hulk looked like a green gorila then became a joke character

Norton's Banner was much closer to the typical comic version. He had the right nervous energy and haunted look of someone who is absolutely petrified about what might happen if he loses control and it's definitely a character I wanted to see explored more.

Whether he was right for the MCU is another matter. A character like that really needs space to shine and with the Universal arrangement stopping them doing solo movies Ruffalo's more affable and goofy version probably works better.

5+ Year Old Account
    Buffalo (Bruce + Ruffalo, i like it lol).

Stilll haven't seen the original Hulk with Edward Norton.

I mean, Ruffalo's Hulk was turned into comedy relief. That means they had no ideas for it. I'd rather have Norton yelling at them to fix that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    no poll?

also ruffalo. norton is a dick
    I mean so are the majority of celebrities in some way. Even Ruffalo.

Edward Norton was way better. Mark Ruffalo is a one face actor he acts the same way in every movie and is boring.

this is the first time I've seen so many stupid choices regarding a superhero movie....., I hope those who say Mark Ruffalo is a better Bruce/Hulk than Edward Norton I hope you don't read comics to come out with so much bullshit if you don't you have shit in your eyes, open your eyes wide and see who moved their butt the most to develop Hulk and him giving importance: Edward Norton

yep you didn't see that one coming edward norton although he wanted to rewrite the script he's the only one involved in the development of the hulk he wanted to make banner and the hulk simultaneously in conflict to take control of the other, besides physically and even at the level of the character Norton corresponds to the Bruce Banner of the comics skinny, weak, puny, stressed it's Bruce Banner, Mark Ruffalo is completely off the plate he turned this character into a fucking 2-ball comedian who makes very embarrassing jokes while he has a monster inside of him who can screw anything up at any time, he's just an obese old boomer who has no spirit of opposition he says yes to everything Feige tells him to do, if he has to shit on the Hulk, Ruffalo will say yes master

I am very shocked to see that we prefer an old boomer over 50 years old to play a Bruce Banner who is supposed to be someone who is dynamic and constantly in action, Norton in Bruce / Hulk was a godsend we Couldn't dream of a better actor to play a character that looks like him, even Hugh Jackman (despite being totally in coordination with Wolverine's character who is totally his spitting image when he's in that role) would be completely overwhelmed in terms of choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara-Hulk View Post

I am very shocked to see that we prefer an old boomer over 50 years old to play a Bruce Banner who is supposed to be someone who is dynamic and constantly in action, Norton in Bruce / Hulk was a godsend we Couldn't dream of a better actor to play a character that looks like him, even Hugh Jackman (despite being totally in coordination with Wolverine's character who is totally his spitting image when he's in that role) would be completely overwhelmed in terms of choice
    Ruffalo is 54, Norton 52. Quite the age difference...

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Random rant aside he does have a point that Ruffalo's banner is a bit "a loof/jokey" for a dude with a Gamma monster living inside him that could wipe out the planet in a fit of rage.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I like Mark Ruffalo's. I just don't like that they keep him on sidelines whilst making jokes and being the goofy character, only to save money on CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I like Mark Ruffalo's. I just don't like that they keep him on sidelines whilst making jokes and being the goofy character, only to save money on CGI.
    Word. The Hulk barely does anything, and is used for comic relief more than for brawn. Which is... weird.

Norton is a better Hulk, Ruffalo is a joke hulk that I feel sad seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Madara-Hulk View Post
    this is the first time I've seen so many stupid choices regarding a superhero movie....., I hope those who say Mark Ruffalo is a better Bruce/Hulk than Edward Norton I hope you don't read comics to come out with so much bullshit if you don't you have shit in your eyes, open your eyes wide and see who moved their butt the most to develop Hulk and him giving importance: Edward Norton

yep you didn't see that one coming edward norton although he wanted to rewrite the script he's the only one involved in the development of the hulk he wanted to make banner and the hulk simultaneously in conflict to take control of the other, besides physically and even at the level of the character Norton corresponds to the Bruce Banner of the comics skinny, weak, puny, stressed it's Bruce Banner, Mark Ruffalo is completely off the plate he turned this character into a fucking 2-ball comedian who makes very embarrassing jokes while he has a monster inside of him who can screw anything up at any time, he's just an obese old boomer who has no spirit of opposition he says yes to everything Feige tells him to do, if he has to shit on the Hulk, Ruffalo will say yes master

have you ever even seen wolverine in the comics? before they changed him to look more like jackman, wolverine was very short, stocky, INCREDIBLY muscular, and ugly as sin. hugh jackman was a horrible choice. before he got too old (and then died) they wanted Bob Hoskins to play him. that would have been amazing casting, once he bulked up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    have you ever even seen wolverine in the comics? before they changed him to look more like jackman, wolverine was very short, stocky, INCREDIBLY muscular, and ugly as sin. hugh jackman was a horrible choice. before he got too old (and then died) they wanted Bob Hoskins to play him. that would have been amazing casting, once he bulked up a bit.
    Not sure "Bob Hoskins" and "bulk up" should ever be used in the same sentence. The man spent his entire career with the build of a 1960's beefy wrestler at best. He could have been one hell of a voice actor for Wolverine, though, but the physicality, he wouldn't cut it. I mostly agree with you, but if nothing else, Hugh Jackman despite being too tall and good looking for the role, at least did more good for the character than most actors who play comic book heroes. If Wolverine was arguably the most popular X-Men character thanks in part to the 90's cartoon, Jackman's run as Wolverine definitely boosted his stock for general audiences and made him a household name. Sure, he inspired comic book artists to update Wolverine's look but his contribution to the role far offsets anyway that could possibly be perceived negatively.

If only Daredevil and Ghost Rider had benefitted as much from Ben Affleck and Nicholas Cage as Wolverine did from High Jackman.

7+ Year Old Account
    after one year, nothing changed, Norton was a better Hulk and a better Bruce. ruffalo still look way too old and tired to be Bruce, too relaxed, and imo, too small.

Imagine Rufallo hulk facing abomination, not even the professor hulk just the old one, he would be destroyed.

They ruined planet hulk story, and i don't think we will actually have a good movie on him, so i hope she-hulk can at least fill some gap in the terms of breaking shit up. Rly liked to see world-breaker or immortal hulk.

Immortal hulk had this some ryl good story about bruce having split identity, akin to Moon knight, it would be rly neat to focus on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If only Daredevil and Ghost Rider had benefitted as much from Ben Affleck and Nicholas Cage as Wolverine did from High Jackman.
    i at leat, think they as daredevil and ghost rider were rly good.

Eric Bana was better as both Hulk and Banner.
    Norton cries too much and Ruffalo is like if Dr Banner lived in the FRIENDS house.