Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    after one year, nothing changed, Norton was a better Hulk and a better Bruce. ruffalo still look way too old and tired to be Bruce, too relaxed, and imo, too small.

Imagine Rufallo hulk facing abomination, not even the professor hulk just the old one, he would be destroyed.

They ruined planet hulk story, and i don't think we will actually have a good movie on him, so i hope she-hulk can at least fill some gap in the terms of breaking shit up. Rly liked to see world-breaker or immortal hulk.

Immortal hulk had this some ryl good story about bruce having split identity, akin to Moon knight, it would be rly neat to focus on it.

- - - Updated - - -

i at leat, think they as daredevil and ghost rider were rly good.
    When I was a teen they were awesome because back then we were lucky to get two superhero movies a year but they have not aged well in my eyes. Colin Ferell especially brings back horrible memories of Bullseye and that CGI in the motorcycle scene. I will say I liked Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin, though.

I like me Eric Bana hulk. Even tho I remember that movie not being that good.. at all.(It must've been that bad?)
    But still! Just imagine Eric Bana and Chris Hemsworth in Thor:Ragnarok acting along side each other. That would've been glorious.
    Probably best it didn't happen.. would've just kept the movie on replay forever. (I already enjoy that movie and seen it quite a bit.)
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-05-22 at 05:43 PM.

Seeing Eric Bana's name floated around. I actually enjoyed bits of his movie (not the Hulk dogs... or Element Man) and Bana himself was a fine Bruce Banner. The man is and was far too... not buff but in shape and good looking to be Banner, though. I mean, he could have played Batman without even working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Madara-Hulk View Post
    ...an old boomer over 50 years old to play a Bruce Banner...
    FYI - Folks in their 50s (such as myself) are Gen X (the Lost Generation), not Boomers; my parents were Baby Boomers, my kids are Millennials...

Yep Mark Ruffalo

I think Edward Norton is a more intense actor which is good but its something he can't seem to hide which might suit some/most Hulk fans.
    His character is such a drama that you know there something bubbling away under the surface all the time.

Where as Mark Ruffalo's character blends into the background and if you were to talk to him would come across as a quiet shy unassuming affable doesn't toot his own horn kind of guy which giving his circumstances is a good thing.

I just like the idea that when Mark Ruffalo's character looses it you're gonna be WTF but Edward Norton's character not so much or I definitely saw that coming.

One scene i like was when his friends wanted him to help by becoming the hulk but were worried that he was not showing any distress or anger to trigger his transformation and as he walked away he quietly revealed with an ironic smile that he controlled it by always being in perpetual anger then it was a hell yea Hulk smash.

I just think Mark Ruffalo's character hides the whole tortured soul better than Edward Norton's character, who just seems to be a constant open wound.

All said and done I like both and if it was Edward Norton being the more popular it wouldn't surprise me but yea still a Mark Ruffalo simp, go figure.

PS oh one more thing I wish Mark Ruffalo's Hulk was bigger and was definitely not happy when he didn't hand Thanos's colon to him for breakfast. Puny Humans
    Last edited by Nutjob; 2022-05-23 at 12:06 AM.

ed nortons hulk looked more badass and is a underrated movie

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I like me Eric Bana hulk. Even tho I remember that movie not being that good.. at all.(It must've been that bad?)
    But still! Just imagine Eric Bana and Chris Hemsworth in Thor:Ragnarok acting along side each other. That would've been glorious.
    Probably best it didn't happen.. would've just kept the movie on replay forever. (I already enjoy that movie and seen it quite a bit.)
    Yep, Eric Bana was a much better Bruce than Rufallo too, and his hulk was ok, taking account when the movie was made, without much technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    When I was a teen they were awesome because back then we were lucky to get two superhero movies a year but they have not aged well in my eyes. Colin Ferell especially brings back horrible memories of Bullseye and that CGI in the motorcycle scene. I will say I liked Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin, though.
    I recently watched then again, for the time, stillp retty good imo. How the daredevil powers were show, i think it was amazing, much better than the series.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    hugh jackman was a horrible choice. before he got too old (and then died)
    holy shit you scared me,for a second i understood hugh jackman died lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    In my opinion Ruffalo's Hulk is better.

Also, where is this "Edward Norton being an uncooperative douche" coming from? Just curious.
    Not necessarily a douch but Norton is famous for interfering with the production. Back when the Hulk movie came out instead of promoting it he complained about the movie about how it isn't what he intended. He wanted the Hulk to be a more serious and dark movie. Exploring the inner conflict of Banner wanting to be with the love of his life and fighting Hulk as his inner demon so that in the end he accepts the Hulk as a part of him and not as something he should try to get rid of. Also when Disney told him that it would be part of a bigger film franshise he wanted more money.

It's less of him being a douch and more that there were creative differences. Disney/Marvel wanting to make movies for a younger audience and Norton wanting a more serious take where every film can stand on its own for an older audience.

Ruffalo is probably the better choice for what Marvel wanted to achieve but Norton could've given us a more interesting take with a lot more character development.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Also when Disney told him that it would be part of a bigger film franshise he wanted more money.
    Not sure why he shouldn't want more money to be in a franchise than to be in a single film. You want an actor to commit to a long term contract...they're going to want to be compensated for that accordingly.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Out of the three, Ruffalo is the nicest looking actor. Bana and Norton have that "I have skeletons in my closet" look which works great for their movies, in which Hulk is more of an inner demon than a nemesis.

But I think the way Banner is portrayed in the MCU works better with Ruffalo, because his Banner and his Hulk are opposites, and even at odds with each other. I expect (hope) that this Professor Hulk phase is not as good of a thing as it looks, and it's just Banner forcing his control, thinking he's achieved balance when in reality he's just a ticking bomb.

I haven't read any Hulk comics (nor many comics in general), but I assume these different interpretations of his Jekyll and his Hyde have been explored by one writer or another, so I'm sure there are plenty of more educated theories as to what the future of this version of the character may be like. But yeah, I'd say Ruffalo works better for what we've seen of this Hulk.

As for visual design, Banner's Hulk was more detailed than people give it credit for. It's just the, very deliberate, decision to make him unrealistically green (supergreen, even) that undermined an otherwise very well made CGI character. Norton's was just edgy, but fit well with the tone of the movie, and I particularly liked Abomination's design, which they've since changed. I know it wasn't as faithful, but it just looked meaner than the new one. And Ruffalo, while the most technologically advanced, sits in an awkward middle ground: He's more realistic than the former, but not as gritty as the latter, which I think makes him a bit less memorable, visually speaking.

The purple pants wearing Hulk throwing a tank won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The purple pants wearing Hulk throwing a tank won me over.
    I have no idea how the tank didn't break off the barrel of the blaster after the first swing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Edward Norton was best possible thing that happened to "Hulk".
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Avengers Ruffalo > Norton > Ruffalo in every other movie he has been in.

Bruce Banner, after he has been Hulk for that long, should have an edge to him that is always in the back. The scene with him and Natasha where he is polite yet threatening when she tells him Fury wants him to come in. THAT is Bruce Banner. After that movie, they neutered Hulk and Bruce and basically made them boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Avengers Ruffalo > Norton > Ruffalo in every other movie he has been in.

Bruce Banner, after he has been Hulk for that long, should have an edge to him that is always in the back. The scene with him and Natasha where he is polite yet threatening when she tells him Fury wants him to come in. THAT is Bruce Banner. After that movie, they neutered Hulk and Bruce and basically made them boring.
    He had the one line in AoU that was good to Wanda about choking her out without changing a shade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    holy shit you scared me,for a second i understood hugh jackman died lol
    "Jackman wad a horrible choice, before he got too old and died. After his death he's been both playing abd looking the role stellarly."

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    He had the one line in AoU that was good to Wanda about choking her out without changing a shade.
    Fair enough, as much as I love James Spader, I try not to think about that movie....

What i liked about the Eric Bana's Hulk is that he was unstoppable and there seemed to be no limit.

At one point he's running hell for leather to get away from constant attack and though he reaches an impressive speed it still seems to be limiting.
    He then starts doing small jumps, each jump getting consecutively longer and higher, leaving a crater each time he lands.
    His whole body is just one big concussive force.

The dog fight scene i actually liked because there was no real defense on the Hulks part. He just seems to flex/shrug a muscle here and there as if to say, yea keep using that as a chew toy whilst punching the livings crap out of the French poodle and his buddies.

Imagine Iron Man is flying about in his la dee da metal suit without a care in the world under the total misconception of his standing in the world.
    His fancy gadget helmet starts bleeping warning him of incoming.
    A wtf moment for Iron Man is then seeing a giant green mass of muscle wearing purple pants slam into him.
    Scene cuts to them hurtling towards the ground in which there is a sudden violent stop of downward motion.
    Hulk gets up looks down shrugs and walks away leaving a slightly damaged metal suit full of mush.
    The End!

Got a slight bias when it comes to the Hulk as a character.
    Last edited by Nutjob; 2022-05-25 at 07:38 PM.