Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    They clearly have a great product, but they're doing a terrible job of marketing it. If I was on their sales team, I'd get the MyPillow guy to endorse it and give away a bottle of hydroxychloroquine with every purchase.
    Speaking of, I haven't seen anything about it coming with Frank pre-installed.

Did Frank ever actually launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Speaking of, I haven't seen anything about it coming with Frank pre-installed.

Did Frank ever actually launch?
    The most recent news result about it is from May 3, so I think it's safe to say it was all hype and no substance, kinda like Trump.

Apparently the launch was riddled with glitches and technical issues: https://www.newsweek.com/mypillows-m...itches-1588270
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

These phones are literally like shit that we buy from a company called Vivo.

They are dirt cheap sold in bulk, and we have them preloaded with software for logistics and employee tracking (shipment locations, materiel locations and general safety checks when working in the field).

They cost about 80 euro when bought in bulk.

It's fucking hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Dosnt the Left say "dont like how X company does things, then make your own company/thing" ? And when the " far right" makes their own thing, its also wrong.
    Like others have pointed out, the amusement here isn't because a product was made to appeal to right-wingers, it's that the product is a lazy hack job that claims to be pro-privacy while having less security than standard phones, and which in no way includes anything that justifies its pricetag either in terms of software or hardware.

The amusement is that it's a shitty piece of crap with stupid branding that will probably sell to people too dumb to understand what they're buying. We're laughing because it's a con, not because it's a product aimed at right-wingers.

They clearly have a great product, but they're doing a terrible job of marketing it. If I was on their sales team, I'd get the MyPillow guy to endorse it and give away a bottle of hydroxychloroquine with every purchase.
    Nah you need the dream team of Don Jr. and Kimberly "totally not a stand-in for his step-mom Melania" Guilfoyle coked out of their minds screaming into a microphone to really sell the product.

https://screenrant.com/freedom-phone...ty-os-umidigi/

Some more fun tidbits -

As spotted by reporter Ron Amadeo, a hands-on video of the Freedom Phone reveals some of the apps that come pre-installed on it. As it would turn out, many of these apps are identical to those installed on LineageOS. LineageOS is a popular open-source operating system based on Android. It first came out in 2016 and is often installed on smartphones and tablets to add additional controls and features that Android doesn't include by default. LineageOS is a fantastic piece of software, but if the Freedom Phone runs LineageOS by default, the claim that the Freedom Phone is using a one-of-a-kind 'free speech' operating system doesn't hold water.
    So likely not a brand new OS, but an existing one based off of...Android. At least it's a good one.

Political commentator Candace Owens shared a hands-on video of the Freedom Phone, and in her clip, the app store is on full display. Android expert Mishaal Rahman of XDA Developers points out that the Freedom Phone's app store is really just the Aurora Store — an open-source application storefront that sources its apps from the Google Play Store. Outside of a different accent color, the Freedom Phone's app store has the exact same layout and interface as the Aurora Store. That means the people behind Freedom Phone likely have no say in which apps are or aren't available on the storefront.
    So...if true then that's mildly hawkward. They don't even have their own app store.

Finman claims the Freedom Phone doesn't have app tracking, keyboard tracking, or location tracking. This may be true for pre-installed apps on the Freedom Phone, but that likely has zero impact on ones downloaded from the app store. There's evidence that apps like Facebook, Google Photos, and YouTube are available for the device. If those are downloaded and used on the Freedom Phone, they're going to work just like they do on any Android phone. Many third-party apps require permissions in order to function as intended. Whether it be Facebook, Snapchat, Google Calendar, or anything else, all of the normal tracking they do at their core is going to continue on the Freedom Phone. Unless all of these apps have been rewritten specifically for the Freedom Phone — which they haven't been — don't expect all forms of data harvesting/tracking to magically disappear just like that.
    And if you use any common apps the phone will not in any way protect your privacy.

I'm not gonna be sad when idiots blow a bunch of money on a transparent, obvious grift, and are disappointed with they find our their phones are just cheap Chinese made knockoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Nah you need the dream team of Don Jr. and Kimberly "totally not a stand-in for his step-mom Melania" Guilfoyle coked out of their minds screaming into a microphone to really sell the product.
    just go full carny barker and get Don King in as well

ONLY IN AMERICA!!
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I wish I was shameless enough to grift hard on these idiots. Mad easy money.
    I'm sure if you sold red shirts that said Turnip 2024, people would buy it thinking it said Trump.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm sure if you sold red shirts that said Turnip 2024, people would buy it thinking it said Trump.
    Tramp 2024, would it be Melania or Ivanka running?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Nah for that to work it'd have to say Turnip 2021. Anything later and you're a Marxist to the true believers.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Nah for that to work it'd have to say Turnip 2021. Anything later and you're a Marxist to the true believers.
    Hey, 2021 works. Then when that doesn't come to pass you can sell those same shirts relabeled for 2022, 2023, 2024...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Hey, 2021 works. Then when that doesn't come to pass you can sell those same shirts relabeled for 2022, 2023, 2024...
    Edited with a Sharpie.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I won't link to it, but they have a referral program for the phone that apparently pays out "Up to $50" for each person who uses your promo code.

This just keeps getting better and better.
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme. Funnily enough, a lot of those scammer types are usually conservatives as well. There's a couple of companies developing "games" which are effectively structured as pyramid schemes much the same way. It's definitely always good to be aware of these scams and who started them and who is promoting them.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Edited with a Sharpie.
    that might actually be a pretty good anti-Trump shirt.

One that reads: TRUMP 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 eventually..."

(God willing on that "2024" part)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme.
    Pay $500, hope to get $50x2 back? Only an idiot would fall for...oh, right. The context. Yeah, you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Tramp 2024, would it be Melania or Ivanka running?
    Why not Rick?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

if your in the market for a $30 phone marked up to $500 which still uses the exact same cell services a normal phone does, thus totally negating whatever privacy you think it affords, then yeah, "the left fucked up" on not being obvious grifters.

Well, you know what they say about a fool and his money...

I wish I'd thought about this shit, honestly. The alt-right is easily manipulated times 1000.

--
    Back to reality, capitalists own many major media websites, forums.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-18 at 07:13 PM.

--
    You're either being laughably ignorant or exhaustingly disingenuous.

Wait, never mind. After looking at the other posts you've made in this thread it's fairly obvious you're just baiting. Good luck with that...but hey, maybe you too can learn how to turn weak far-right performance art into a succesful grift, rather than wasting your carefully cultivated mock outrage on we lowly gamers here at MMOC.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-18 at 07:13 PM.