Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Why not Rick?
    Why not Zoidberg?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    If only. And the difference between being conservative/right wing and a racist shit bag is pretty fucking thin.
    I keep insisting it doesn't have to be. It's the right-wingers who keep equating the two.

Which says everything, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I keep insisting it doesn't have to be. It's the right-wingers who keep equating the two.

Which says everything, really.
    Which just never ceases to amuse me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    An appstore that doesn’t practise even the slightest bit of moderation for software on it would be an enormous malware vector.

Of course, ”no censorship” is just doublespeak for only allowing or coming preloaded with platforms with heavy conservative slants on there like Parler, even they are not as dumb as to actually do what those words mean at face value.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-07-19 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive grift both in price and in matter, pretty much reminds of the Anom messenger app for shady dealers which was actually developed by feds to spy on said dealers comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Massive grift both in price and in matter, pretty much reminds of the Anom messenger app for shady dealers which was actually developed by feds to spy on said dealers comfortably
    Must be a Russian thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Must be a Russian thing.
    Must be a little more informed. This "freedom phone" glows in the dark like a Christmas tree
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-07-19 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Must be a little more informed. This "freedom phone" glows in the dark like a Christmas tree
    Nah, this ain't some FBI sting, yo. This isn't sophisticated enough for that. It's just a pretty basic, low-effort grift along the lines of what we've seen with Gab/Parler/GETTR/Frank and I could go on but I think you get the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Dosnt the Left say "dont like how X company does things, then make your own company/thing" ? And when the " far right" makes their own thing, its also wrong.
    It's a beautiful merger of both ideals.

Don't like it make your own.
    +
    That is how capitalism works, let the market decide.

In the end, i'm certain that Market will decide that this project is flawed, and doesn't do what people are lead to believe that it will do.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In the end, i'm certain that Market will decide that this project is flawed, and doesn't do what people are lead to believe that it will do.
    I honestly wouldn't put money on that. These are the same people that have destroyed coffee makers and all kinds of other stuff to "own the libs", you think they're above sticking with a shitty phone to "own the libs" and make a political statement with their phones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I honestly wouldn't put money on that. These are the same people that have destroyed coffee makers and all kinds of other stuff to "own the libs", you think they're above sticking with a shitty phone to "own the libs" and make a political statement with their phones?
    I'm too optimistic lol. I'm hoping the amount of ignorant people who would actually give up their current phones for this would be a small enough number for the company to go out of business quickly.

I'm too optimistic lol. I'm hoping the amount of ignorant people who would actually give up their current phones for this would be a small enough number for the company to go out of business quickly.
    Given the margins they're looking at with each sale, I think they've got a solid business model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the margins they're looking at with each sale, I think they've got a solid business model.
    Think they have the longevity though? Beyond the initial wave, I don't know if they will have sustainable sales. After the sale of the phone, the service providers then get all the perpetual revenue. Unless they have some sort of revenue sharing deal with service providers.

I don't know all the ins and outs of how that works. So I really don't know what this company has planned for once sales slow up aside from the usual plan of pushing out model updates every year or two.

Think they have the longevity though? Beyond the initial wave, I don't know if they will have sustainable sales. After the sale of the phone, the service providers then get all the perpetual revenue. Unless they have some sort of revenue sharing deal with service providers.

I don't know all the ins and outs of how that works. So I really don't know what this company has planned for once sales slow up aside from the usual plan of pushing out model updates every year or two.
    Sure, sell folks the same phones or a slightly better "New and Improved" version that costs $20 more to manufacture but marks up for another $100. They don't appear to really be making/running anything (OS is an LegacyOS, app store is Aurora), and the phone itself looks to be a semi-custom job rather than something they had to spend on R&D/manufacturing. I doubt their overhead is too big.

But I don't think this is built around longevity, either. This is built to make a quick buck, just like most of the conservative efforts over the past few years (Gab/Parler/election lawsuits etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Comes with a glow in the dark case.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Comes with a glow in the dark case.
    Oh good, then we know who the glowies are.

The same people that burned their MAGA hats when Trump signed the omnibus. The same people that spend thousands of dollars to deck out their truck in MAGA flags, they'll definitely buy a $50 phone for $500.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

So I'm probably retarded but can't you just install your alt-tech social media platform the old fashioned way instead of using the google store

If you are so good at investigating why Coronavirus was an inside job by Bill Gates and Greta Thunberg to depopulate the planet why can't you investigate how to install a program onto your phone
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If you are so good at investigating why Coronavirus was an inside job by Bill Gates and Greta Thunberg to depopulate the planet why can't you investigate how to install a program onto your phone
    Simple. First one has nothing to do with reality, so it doesn't burden someone with it. The latter, that forces you to do something real, aka dealing with reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Brought to you by the same people that "let you know" the vaccine has a chip in it to track you brings you... a "freedom phone" that almost certainly will not be able to track you, know what you are browsing, and most importantly will ring to give you an excuse if you find yourself in line at a vaccination location for an easy out!