Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Advertised by Dinesh D'Souza, Roger Stone, Ali Alexander, and Candace Owens.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-07-16 at 06:35 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Promoted by Dinesh D'Souza, Roger Stone, Ali Alexander, and Candace Owens.
    Aw what a great line up of promoters 2 convicted criminals, one of the guys who set up the Jan 6th insurrection, and an unabashed grifter. Well I am sold I am going to show how much of a patriotic American I am and go buy a totally not Chinese made spyware filled phone that is going to steal all my personal information to be sold to corporations and on the dark web.

Why does that guy look like the Syfy channel's idea of a rich tech guy for casting like, '2 lava 2 lantula' or something?

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Do you have that uncle that almost no one talks to at family functions because he always goes on political tirades or do you have that grandma who says really racists stuff and you just brush it off that she is from an older time. Well if you do then you definitely found your grifting targets.
    My grandparents changed with the times out of the racist and homophobic stuff they grew up with. So no, not really. Such loss of griftbux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    My grandparents changed with the times out of the racist and homophobic stuff they grew up with. So no, not really. Such loss of griftbux.
    Oh well I am sorry you can't grift family members for easy money by scamming them but at the same time I am also elated that you don't have scum for family like the people who actually buy into these grifts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    They won't tell you any sort of technical specifications and they don't even accept crypto as payment.

They'll probably make millions off of this non sense
    Well one reason they don't accept crypto currency is because the people who actually have crypto currency aren't going to buy this phone. This is for the Qanon crazy uncle who wears a MAGA hat everywhere and still has a Trump 2020 flag on the back of his truck, this is for the grandparents who are stuck at home all day watching Fox News, OANN, etc... or just some 50+ year old person who keeps thinking America went to shit when they allowed the gays to have rights.

I will be disappointed if the phone doesn't shout "MERICA!!!!" at you when it boots up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Advertised by Dinesh D'Souza, Roger Stone, Ali Alexander, and Candace Owens.
    Oh wow they're just all just freely admitting they're grifters now, huh?

They should call it the GOP. T. Barnum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I wish I'd thought of this grift myself, frankly.
    That's the thing. If I had absolutely no fucking self esteem, principles or dignity....I literally could be the next Creflo Dollar or whatnot. Problem is, I'd rather slit my own throat with a rusty spoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Man I can't wait to eat some freedom fries while using my freedom phone while driving my pickup truck with a giant "TRUMP 2020" flag hanging out the back and wearing my flag shirt and flag cap and flag pin, gonna show everyone how patriotic and American I am.
    Rolling coal! You forgot rolling coal!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argentdawn View Post
    I actually have an early beta version of the phone and its much more than that.
    Tell us more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't keep us in suspense
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So against my better judgement, I went to the website (not linking that site) to see which freedom-lovin' apps come pre-loaded.

There was no list. Only a button labeled "Buy It Now".

I've made better websites. And yes, I'm still a public-school math teacher. That's how boring and basic and non-informative this site is. And of course, a giant red flag.

"It comes with a bunch of apps to help you fight the greedy evil tech company who hates free speech!"
    "Sounds good! Which apps?"
    "You'll have to pay us $500 to find out."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So against my better judgement, I went to the website (not linking that site) to see which freedom-lovin' apps come pre-loaded.
    I hear there will be an Activate Bill Barr app where you can choose to activate him very strongly and he will come and fight alongside for you for 30 seconds (1-hour cooldown).
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

There was no list. Only a button labeled "Buy It Now".

I've made better websites. And yes, I'm still a public-school math teacher. That's how boring and basic and non-informative this site is. And of course, a giant red flag.

"It comes with a bunch of apps to help you fight the greedy evil tech company who hates free speech!"
    "Sounds good! Which apps?"
    "You'll have to pay us $500 to find out."
    Be honest now: do the target audience of this phone strike you as the sort who are intelligent enough to even understand additional information? If anything, it's tailor made for it's audience. No specs, details, extra info, no libcuck words or facts. FREEDOM! BUY NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Much more? Does it have Mein Kampf preloaded in it too?
    As if these people can read...

Yes, it's the newest product in a long line of useless overpriced trash that we usually call 'retard bait'. How is it working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    As if these people can read...
    It'll be a spoken-word version of Mein Kampf read by Donald J. Trump himself, with interludes about his own struggle as well.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if he'll start with a dedication to his father "the biggest kraut of them all."
    Nah, it'll start off by him complaining about how the election was stolen followed by how he came from nothing but was given a small loan of a million dollars. You know, like how the common man lives and struggles.

It'll be a spoken-word version of Mein Kampf read by Donald J. Trump himself, with interludes about his own struggle as well.
    With lots of mispronunciations cause he can't read either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hey now, you're underselling it. They had waaay more than one button to buy it now.
    HAH! I almost said that at first. Yes, next to every feature there is no "what does this do?" information button, only a "Buy it now!" one.

do the target audience of this phone strike you as the sort who are intelligent enough to even understand additional information?
    I mean, considering they want detailed info about which brand of microchip comes in their vaccine, you'd think there'd be an option.

...who am I kidding. Yes, stamp a "TRUMP WON 2020" logo on it and they'll buy a $60 Chinese phone for $500.

- - - Updated - - -

MAGA-Branded 'Freedom Phone' Is a Black Box That Should Be Avoided at All Costs

Okay to be fair, Gizmodo is a left-sided high factual source of information, not "left leaning" or "very high". I'm still going to quote them, because they actually know tech better than a lot of sites.

Freedom Phone claims that it can protect users from the data collection that comes with an iOS or Android operating system (it has something called a “FreedomOS”—which, ironically, just appears to be a modified version go Google’s Android OS). The phone is also meant to liberate users from Big Tech’s alleged ideological preferences: it has an “uncensorable app store” (called the “PatriApp,” lol), where it is apparently impossible for apps to get booted no matter how unsafe or horrendous they are.

The device also comes pre-loaded with a host of privacy features (Signal, DuckDuckGo, Brave), as well as a suite of apps that seem tailor-made for Trump voters: Parler, One America News Network, Newsmax, and Rumble are all included.
    Well, that answers one question.

Before we get into the specifics of why this device probably sucks, let me just say that the desire to have a phone that is dedicated to protecting your autonomy and privacy is a reasonable one—and should be encouraged. That said, I don’t think the Freedom Phone provides that. Actually, aside from its overt partisan bent, it’s impossible to tell what kind of device this is because Finman and his acolytes haven’t provided any information about it.

Let’s start with the website (freedomphone.com). Hilariously, it provides literally zero specs about the actual device. There is no information about the phone’s operating system, storage, camera, CPU, or RAM capabilities. It has a list of features, but there are no actual details about them. Instead, under each feature, there’s merely a “Buy it now” button which redirects you to the site’s shopping cart.
    Holy shit, me and @Vegas82 should totally write for tech sites.

The phone’s hefty price, combined with the company’s total lack of transparency, is ridiculous—essentially asking the buyer to cough up half a grand in exchange for, uh, something! We sent an email to Freedom Phone to ask for further information and will update this story if they ever respond.

Matthew Hickey, the co-founder of Hacker House and longtime cyber professional, said that, while it hasn’t been confirmed, the Freedom Phone would appear to be a cheap Android device sourced from Asia—the likes of which could be vulnerable to all assortment of supply chain risks and other issues.

“Based on photographs from the company website a number of Internet sleuths identified that the device has the same form-factor, shape, and appearance of a Umidigi A9 Pro,” said Hickey, via email. “This device is a drop-shipped customizable Android-based phone that can be ordered from ASIAPAC region and customized to a project’s requirements,” he said, clarifying that such devices can be “bought and shipped in bulk with custom logos and branding so as to give the appearance of a phone that has been designed for a unique purpose but is actually just a common cheap Android-based smartphone with core components produced in Taiwan and the surrounding areas.” It’s also very cheap: the A9 Pro is currently available for about $120, much less than the Freedom Phone’s $500.

According to The Daily Beast, Finman confirmed that the device he was selling was made by Umidigi but couldn’t say what specific model it was.

On top of everything, “Freedom” would also appear to be using a CPU from Taiwan produced by Mediatek, the likes of which is “popular in low-end Android-based devices” and is known to be buggy, said Hickey.

“Historically Mediatek devices have shipped with a wide number of insecure configurations and are prone to trivial vulnerabilities that allows anyone with physical possession of such a device to read/write the data on the phone through its early bootloader,” Hickey said. “They make phones specifically to permit high customization and as such many of the vendors own software [that] can be used to manipulate the devices, which is why such hardware is popular in countries like North Korea as often the security enabled by a user can simply be circumvented by a state operative,” he added.

Nothing screams “freedom” like products popular in the DPRK.
    Well, I'm willing to read other sources which contradict or add other context but...there don't seem to be any. We had one "genuine" poster say one thing and rush off, but perhaps they'll return and tell us some of the good features? Or, like, anything at all that doesn't read like a Russian bot bought review? Citing a known source would be a good start. Hell, maybe you'll find a source better than mine.

But it's probably not better than Forbes, so, come out swinging or head back to the bunker.

He could name it 'Mein Krampf', Krampf being German for cramp.

https://freedomphone.com/pages/privacy

Usage Data
    Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.

Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.

When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.

We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
    That sounds...exactly like standard "big tech" to me.

The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:

For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
    And if/when they go under, RIP your data. That shit's getting liquidated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And if/when they go under, RIP your data. That shit's getting liquidated.
    The phone isn't even out yet, and they're already prepping for bankruptcy? Maybe that's standard legalese, but boy does it sound Trumpist.