Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,761
    I got over thinking resist gear was an interesting approach after having to farm four sets back-to-back in SSC because we had a string of bad luck that kept taking away our tanks.

    I don't find it a particularly fun or engaging as a stat stat. Either it's incidentally on gear and then it's boring, or you have to intentionally aim for it which is unexciting at best (when you have it) and frustrating at worst (when you don't). This is especially aggravated if it's actually part of the item budget and takes away throughput abilities. And, yeah, having to farm materials or spend gold to make special gear that is only useful for a short period or a limited number of fights is obnoxious. Waste of time, waste of gold, waste of bag space to carry it. No thanks on all fronts.

    I think Wrath was the last time I ever had to deal with it in raid and I'm perfectly happy with that.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This narcissistic desire to have no situations where anyone gets to shine and be special
    I never implied that.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    because it will make the warrior feel bad if the mage is having fun, is one of the core rots at the heart of the game.
    There's a difference between "my spec simply won't perform as well as this other spec on a particular fight because they have great (AoE burst/spread cleave/mobility/etc.)" and "My spec is practically useless by the very nature of the fight."

    Different classes/specs having fights where they do better is great. I'm just saying that "our kit fits this fight especially well" is better (and I think feels better as a player) than "well the devs made this boss weak to my element so I just get to be OP for a fight and these other guys can't even do as much as they normally would."

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's made class design incredibly boring.
    I disagree, but you can have your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's how we ended up with insane, backward shit like Affliction being a burst spec.
    Regardless of your feelings about Affliction, I don't think this has anything do with what we're talking about.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2021-07-16 at 07:24 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    • Blizzard is "lazy af"
    • Complains about the overabundance of systems



    That doesn't make any sense. It's like complaining your roommate is "lazy af" because he said he'd stop organizing the seasoning shelf in alphabetic order, when he's also the one cooking, cleaning the apartment and doing the laundry.
    Imagine the beautiful content they could have made when not wasting 1000 of hours in useless systems. Just to show you the "sense"

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I never implied that.

    There's a difference between "my spec simply won't perform as well as this other spec on a particular fight because they have great (AoE burst/spread cleave/mobility/etc.)" and "My spec is practically useless by the very nature of the fight." Different classes/specs having fights where they do better is great. I'm just saying that "our kit fits this fight especially well" is better (and I think feels better as a player) than "well the devs made this boss weak to my element so I just get to be OP for a fight and these other guys can't even do as much as they normally would."
    There's really no distinction between the two whatsoever. A two target boss that cleave does more damage to is no different than a boss being weak to frost.

    I disagree, but you can have your opinion.
    No strengths, no weaknesses, almost everyone has the same utility abilities. It's boring.

    Regardless of your feelings about Affliction, I don't think this has anything do with what we're talking about.
    Yes, it does. Blizzard doesn't like dot specs, because they end up being very strong in certain situations and we absolutely cannot have that.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There's really no distinction between the two whatsoever. A two target boss that cleave does more damage to is no different than a boss being weak to frost.
    There is a distinction. My example a) involves the player using their kit properly to take advantage of a favorable fight- instead of an utterly passive bonus- and b) doesn't have the flipside of other specs being potentially weaker that usual on said fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No strengths, no weaknesses, almost everyone has the same utility abilities. It's boring.
    I don't know what game you're playing, but I can assure you that there are strengths and weaknesses. That they aren't as pronounced as they might have been before does not change that.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yes, it does. Blizzard doesn't like dot specs, because they end up being very strong in certain situations and we absolutely cannot have that.
    I mean, they literally just buffed DoTs for Shadow and Affliction, but, I mean...sure, man...
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2021-07-16 at 07:46 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It's logical, but is it fun?

    What did it add, except thinly-veiled timegating?
    Furthermore, why is this green quality jacket more resistant against fire and therefore more viable in a fight than my full epic armor set.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If the resist gear is "shitty itemized", why is it required?
    Because it's bad design. Fights back then were pretty simple so an arbitrary extra gearing process tried to make it more complex than it really was. What are you going to argue for next? Spirit on plate gear was an interesting mechanic? it's just a fucking stat on a piece of gear. What on earth is so interesting about that?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    because blizz is lazy af and got rid of every rpg element to focus on their system crap. and ofc to please the holy player so he is confortable with everything and pay $$$.

    im not sarcastic btw
    Sorry but it was the players that wanted it gone and even tho players claims Blizzard never listen, Blizzard listened and removed it.

  9. #89
    I only miss pvp resilience. The rest of resistances were just annoying.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    I only miss pvp resilience.
    Doesn't versatility basically cover the same thing?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Spirit on plate gear was an interesting mechanic? it's just a fucking stat on a piece of gear. What on earth is so interesting about that?
    "But if my Warrior doesn't have any +Int I have to RP them as a dumb brute"

    I swear, some people are incapable of mentally separating game mechanics from their conception of the game world or their characters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    I only miss pvp resilience.
    I'm mostly glad that was removed since it made it easier for mostly PvE players like me to dabble in PvP and not be an utter liability.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  12. #92
    Good idea ! bad execution, having to run dungeons that are 15lvls below the cap to get resist gear so you can defeat raid bosses makes no sense,what makes sense is craftable gear of high quality with resistances (and probably not specific resistances but something like "resist to all magic schools by X " )
    And as we all saw in the end of the day resistances werent trully needed for classic,as for TBC resistance bosses .......we will see upon release.

  13. #93
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Basic RPG elements basically. But no, masses of retarded children would rather want dynamic items, progression and shiny bling bling game in lieu of a title with actual depth.
    then they are playing wrong genre
    sadly that is now the normal
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  14. #94
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,597
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Imagine the beautiful content they could have made when not wasting 1000 of hours in useless systems. Just to show you the "sense"
    It still makes no sense, because now you're admitting that Blizzard is putting a lot of hard work in their systems (which you claim could have been used to make the most subjective term ever, i.e., "beautiful content") but somehow still being "lazy"?

    That's like saying that someone who built an entire house by themselves is being lazy because they didn't instead dedicate that time and effort to do something you like.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  15. #95
    They couldn't resist.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    If you didn't get your COVID shot it's probably too late now, you fool.

  16. #96
    Honorary PvM "Mod" Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51,173
    It was not good. Was it an RP element? Debatable. Does it serve the game? Not at all. Having to refarm gear whenever someone leaves is not fun, anymore than holding onto 3 or 4 sets of gear to pass bosses. I enjoy fights that require us to coordinate better, to anticipate and recover, not pass meaningless checks.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It still makes no sense, because now you're admitting that Blizzard is putting a lot of hard work in their systems (which you claim could have been used to make the most subjective term ever, i.e., "beautiful content") but somehow still being "lazy"?

    That's like saying that someone who built an entire house by themselves is being lazy because they didn't instead dedicate that time and effort to do something you like.
    I didnt say hard work. Just because something might take a while, it's not hard work.

  18. #98
    Would much prefer having the resist auras, aspects and totems back over a bunch of junk gear.

  19. #99
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Resist gear was just: "for this fight, you have to wear a few pieces of terrible green gear". Why? Because.
    Mother @ BT, Shadow Resist
    Illidan @ BT, Fire Resist
    Saphiron @ Naxx80, Frost Resist

    Neither of those gear pieces were green. For Illidan, as Fire Tank, it might have been blue (memory is a bit fuzzy), but Mother and Saphiron were epics.. Crafted epics..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  20. #100
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,597
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I didnt say hard work. Just because something might take a while, it's not hard work.
    It still makes no sense!

    Because you're admitting that Blizzard is putting up work, that they are not being lazy, when you talk about the work they've put on those "systems" you don't like, and want them used elsewhere. And if all that work is "lazy", then everything that would come out of that work if they worked on anything else would still be "lazy".
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •