Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best memes about WoW since WoD?

Given for what shadowlands is and the content provided with 9.1, I can’t help but feel that sigilposting has been one the small comforts during this dark time.

- The oh no bros he has all the sigils, whatever will we do!

- Nooo… it’s all over… *dusted*

- He can’t get all the sigils if we just make more of them!

(I apologize for not linking images, I am on mobile but you can surmise where most of these originate.)

It’s a bit forced and not as widely beloved as two expansions of Khadgar, but that’s the beauty in them isn’t it? Cause in a way sigilposting is player created content. And no doubt Khadgar (Bra’tac) was written well enough by the writing staff and devs to make light of genuinely absurd situations. And with shadowlands, the absurdity is in everything. Especially since you can view Jailos actions as basically being the origin point for Sargeras’ crusade (remember the Nathrezim and hell even further back with them manipulating the void!)

Well, during the covid year, i tried to make a meme:

"Wash your hands, wear your mask, keep your distance and...

Live another day"

Danuser's absolute dumpster fire tier writing.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Garrosh Cinematic in the newest raid.

"You think you do, but you don't."

Legion launches with terrible RNGendaries, despite beta testers having warned Blizzard for months that they were terrible
    "We're a prestigious multi-billion dollar AAA company but we didn't receive feedback that the legendaries were bad"
    BFA launches with terrible Azerite system, despite beta testers having warned Blizzard for months that it was terrible
    "We're a prestigious multi-billion dollar AAA company but we didn't receive feedback that the Azerite system was bad"
    Shadowlands launches with terrible Chorghast, despite beta testers having warned Blizzard for months that it was terrible
    "We're a prestigious multi-billion dollar AAA company but we didn't receive feedback that Torghast was bad"

Players ask for High Elf allied race
    "If you want to play a beautiful, fair skinned elf, the Horde is there ready and waiting for you."

"There is one Legion and it exists across all timelines. The Night Elves' and Grom's sacrifice to kill Archimonde and Mannoroth in WC3 was meaningless."

BFA announcement
    "Who burned down Teldrassil? The answer is not what you think!"
    Turns out to be Sylvanas being a spiteful bitch, as everyone suspected

8.1 releases
    "Night Elf players got their revenge. Sylvanas will be brought to justice in Shadowlands!"

9.1 releases
    "Sylvanas was brought to justice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    "You think you do, but you don't."

Legion launches with terrible RNGendaries, despite beta testers having warned Blizzard for months that they were terrible
    "We're a prestigious multi-billion dollar AAA company but we didn't receive feedback that the legendaries were bad"
    BFA launches with terrible Azerite system, despite beta testers having warned Blizzard for months that it was terrible
    "We're a prestigious multi-billion dollar AAA company but we didn't receive feedback that the Azerite system was bad"
    Shadowlands launches with terrible Chorghast, despite beta testers having warned Blizzard for months that it was terrible
    "We're a prestigious multi-billion dollar AAA company but we didn't receive feedback that Torghast was bad"

Players ask for High Elf allied race
    "If you want to play a beautiful, fair skinned elf, the Horde is there ready and waiting for you."

"There is one Legion and it exists across all timelines. The Night Elves' and Grom's sacrifice to kill Archimonde and Mannoroth in WC3 was meaningless."

BFA announcement
    "Who burned down Teldrassil? The answer is not what you think!"
    Turns out to be Sylvanas being a spiteful bitch, as everyone suspected

8.1 releases
    "Night Elf players got their revenge. Sylvanas will be brought to justice in Shadowlands!"

9.1 releases
    "Sylvanas was brought to justice!"
    I love the ego of the player base to assume that feedback not being implemented in the way they want someone means they didn't see or care about it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I thank the scripts I like to be making their sense of and not interested in. Thanks.

That's not what they said. They said beta testers tested Torghast wrong...
    Also, Legion: Artifact Power grind
    Blizz at end of Legion: No more Artifact Power grind in BfA!
    BfA: Azorite Power grind
    Blizz at end of Bfa: OK OK, no more Azorite grind...
    Shadowlands: Anima Power grind..!
    Shadowlands 9.1: Artifact Knowledge grind!!!
    Last edited by Lorgran; 2021-07-21 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I love the ego of the player base to assume that feedback not being implemented in the way they want someone means they didn't see or care about it.
    The issues about the implemented systems and the flaws those issues were kept to cover became overly apparent during Legion's first patch.
    It was either a deliberate design choice, or a poor move in a premium service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    The issues about the implemented systems and the flaws those issues were kept to cover became overly apparent during Legion's first patch.
    There's no way one accidentally makes design choice of limited drop rng legendaries. Which begs the question: what were they thinking? "Oh your main didn't get the legendaries it needs, well tough luck, guess you'll have to make another character" I liked legion, a lot even, but that had to be the single dumbest idea ever in wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    There's no way one accidentally makes design choice of limited drop rng legendaries. Which begs the question: what were they thinking? "Oh your main didn't get the legendaries it needs, well tough luck, guess you'll have to make another character" I liked legion, a lot even, but that had to be the single dumbest idea ever in wow.
    The bad luck protection resetting to zero was just dumb. I remember playing my ass off and receiving one legendary during a raid clear, which was pre buff Sephuz, way into the fifth week whereas some people got two.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Not to mention the hardcap with 4 obtainable leggos first. That was just priceless: we made like a dozens of leggos, which drop completely random. Oh and capped at 4, which we will keep in secret.

Just what were they thinking? The question doesn't stop at Legion, I have been asking this very question ever since, constantly with various design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    That's not what they said. They said beta testers tested Torghast wrong...
    Also, Legion: Artifact Power grind
    Blizz at end of Legion: No more Artifact Power grind in BfA!
    BfA: Azorite Power grind
    Blizz at end of Bfa: OK OK, no more Azorite grind...
    Shadowlands: Anima Power grind..!
    Shadowlands 9.1: Artifact Knowledge grind!!!
    Well there is no anima grind... so they listened i guess?

OT- "wow is dying"... oh wait that's since beta my b

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Not to mention the hardcap with 4 obtainable leggos first. That was just priceless: we made like a dozens of leggos, which drop completely random. Oh and capped at 4, which we will keep in secret.

Just what were they thinking? The question doesn't stop at Legion, I have been asking this very question ever since, constantly with various design decisions.
    Oh, for sure it didn't end with legion, but that situation was really special. I can't recall a time where your character was absolutely fucked by rng, and there being nothing you could do about it. Tier didn't drop, didn't win, etc, is not the same because one could always keep doing the content for that drop. Legiondaries....did you get the one you need? No, did you reach cap? Yes. Ok, game over, there's nothing on gods earth you can do about it; reroll new character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well this got derailed fast. From memes regarding wow story to btching about wow as a player.

5+ Year Old Account
    WoD:
    • "There are infinite timelines, but only one Legion" /facepalm
    • "Draenor is free!"

Legion:
    • MALFURIOOOOOON MUH LUUUUV.
    • I aM MuH SKarSz

BfA:
    • The intro novel has the main character lying to herself in order to deceive the audience.
    • Blizzard: "Azeroth is a morally grey world" - then proceeds to feed us basic, 9 yo-worthy good vs evil BS.
    • Blizzard, take 2: "You won't believe who burned dat tree down! "
    • JusT TAg aLoNg.

SL:
    • Tyrande going from full revenge psycho mode to an Anduinist in the blink of an eye.
    • Kyrians continuing to drop souls into the Maw even when they are perfectly aware that they are empowering the Blue Man.
    • Sylvanas going full surprised Pikachu when she realises that the guy who lives in a giant spiky tower, who loves torturing souls and has a huge chains fetish isn't really into freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    and they didn't, in fact Torghast was overwhelming positive during beta, u can still find videos of many wow beta testers praising it a lot
    and all of them claim that Torghast on live servers got nerfed far more than it was on beta, they also were 'tricked' by beta testing product that isn't similar to what we got on live
    check humiarx or feelbreeze as examples who cross my mind about gushing about Torghast during beta

As for legos, if u want to go that way then i have a far worse example: AP grind in Legion, it was warned by everyone, lot of posts, lot of videos, blizz did answer by 'wait and see on live', and on live it was proven the WORST grind in entire wow history
    As for azerite system, it was implemented way late in beta to be really tested, still shit and hated but didn't have long feedback because it was introduced way late in first place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    OT- "wow is dying"... oh wait that's since beta my b
    sadly it maybe for first time finally true.. and i doubt u don't know that, with FF14 beating wow and getting even more of ex-wow players
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Let's see:
    "We'd rather you not play demonology"
    "DRAENOR IS FREE"
    "Morally grey"
    Meaningful choice
    THE WOOONZ!
    It's a skill issue, really
    Zappy boi (quickly ruined by making him a character)
    An illusion!? What are you hiding!?
    Just Sylvanas in general
    Pull the Ripcord
    Chadghar
    Out of season April Fool's joke? It basically become a meme for the whole company.
    Missing more but that's what I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    What do you mean "not in the way they want"?

Legendaries:
    Blizzard didn't change jackshit about the acquisition during Alpha / Beta, the way you acquired them remained unchanged.
    At best, they added a "bad luck protection", but considering they also implemented a softcap past the 4th legendary (and only admitted its existence after some people with hundreds of MoS runs called them out that), i think that cancelled itself out.

Azerite:
    Blizzard straight up admitted that they dismissed most player feedback because the system was hardly implemented throughout Beta, hence they assumed the feedback is useless because "Players don't have the full picture".

There is a difference between "not implementing suggestions in a 1:1 fashion" and "rejecting feedback".
    Blizzard rejected Feedback and only changed things once it hit live servers and the outcry forced their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    I'm leaning towards the former, since, as I said, assuming your feedback will be obeyed is nothing but ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    What do you mean "not in the way they want"?

Legendaries:
    Blizzard didn't change jackshit about the acquisition during Alpha / Beta, the way you acquired them remained unchanged.
    At best, they added a "bad luck protection", but considering they also implemented a softcap past the 4th legendary (and only admitted its existence after some people with hundreds of MoS runs called them out that), i think that cancelled itself out.

Azerite:
    Blizzard straight up admitted that they dismissed most player feedback because the system was hardly implemented throughout Beta, hence they assumed the feedback is useless because "Players don't have the full picture".

There is a difference between "not implementing suggestions in a 1:1 fashion" and "rejecting feedback".
    Blizzard rejected Feedback and only changed things once it hit live servers and the outcry forced their hands.
    The difference is reality. On PTR they have maybe thousands of people testing things. They get feedback saying such and such. They think this is a minor issue but not a big deal so they leave it as is. Then it goes live and millions of people are testing things. And suddenly what looked like a minor problem is now revealed to be much more.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.