Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How are we even supposed to sympathise with Sylvanas when she's such a hypocrite?

I don't know where they were going with this

"I will never serve."

Okay Sylvie, but what about everyone else you made/wanted to make serve you??

Telling Eyir to Submit

Literally torturing derek proudmoore to make him serve

Telling to herself that "They too will serve me" about her sisters in her comic.

About N'zoth "In the end, he too will serve death".

What about Sira and Delaryn?

What about Godfrey, ashbury and that other guy?

What about her torturing Koltira in her sex dungeon?

Or saying that the boy king anduin will kneel before her throne

What's even more stupid is that The Jailer used Domination magic on Jaina, Thrall and Bolvar, and not her. He told them to serve, not her?? Why did she even get triggered by that? Besides, why in the world would she care? She hates all of them, She kicked bolvars ass, she literally sent assassins after thrall and she attempted to kill Anduin and Jaina in Lordaeron.

Though kinda off topic with N'zoth, "He too will serve death" so he may appear later in the shadowlands?

Bad writing is one thing, but this is completely nonsensical. Honestly, what does Blizzard even see in Danuser? Why can't they demote/fire him? It's so obvious literaly no one likes his writing. Miss the days of Dave kosak and Chris Metzen. The lore didn't really hit rock bottom before the WoD ending, but before that it was tolerable. Now it's just I don't know. Atleast the Jailer won.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    I don't know where they were going with this
    To be fair neither did they.

Why do you think they leave so much shit unanswered and / or ambiguous all the time?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most fictional characters are hypocrites because most real people are hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not, the people who like her are either edgelords or white knights...one loves her hypocrisy and the other it doesn't matter which she does to them. She literally abandoned them in BFA and they still stare at her like she is a innocent little flower.

Do not worry, the 12th pre-rendered Sylvanas cinematic is coming, that will help you sympathise with her.

Meanwhile literally every allied race leader like Alleria, Umbric, Moira have been gathering dust for years, but no matter, watch the shiny new CGI Sylvanas cinematic!!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It's just a 200IQ 5D chess story you're too stupid to understand.

-danuser, probably.

Once a character starts indulging in the suffering of innocent, or even guilty people, it's over. There's no coming back from that no matter how good their initial reasons were.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was ofc never a fand of undeads nor sylvanas. But seeing even Sylvanas fans disliking the xpac story should eventually make them realize that the story is crap.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Because family, strong independent women, her sisters will save her and go she has a complete soul now. She is all better and nothing she did matters because she only had half a soul. It wasn't her fault she was being tricked and controlled!
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Because family, strong independent women, her sisters will save her and go she has a complete soul now. She is all better and nothing she did matters because she only had half a soul. It wasn't her fault she was being tricked and controlled!
    Now that is a funny joke, implying that Alleria and Vereesa would even be featured in Shadowlands in the first place.

What will happen is that it will be Thrall, Jaina, and Anduin (the holy trinity) to save her.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    @OP Idk if she's actually hypocrite or just a king-size moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I don't.

I have sympathized with her when she was turned into a banshee and when she was forced to watch the destruction of her homeland, but these times are far from WOW characters and us now,

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Do not worry, the 12th pre-rendered Sylvanas cinematic is coming, that will help you sympathise with her.

Meanwhile literally every allied race leader like Alleria, Umbric, Moira have been gathering dust for years, but no matter, watch the shiny new CGI Sylvanas cinematic!!
    Please don't talk about those characters "gathering dust" when a single one of them has gotten more spotlight than any of the Mag'har characters, oh sorry, I meant Mag'har character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Please don't talk about those characters "gathering dust" when a single one of them has gotten more spotlight than any of the Mag'har characters, oh sorry, I meant Mag'har character.
    And please don't try to make me feel bad for the Mag'har when they had an entire expansion dedicated to their homeworld, culture, traditions, society, etc.

No wait, actually they had 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Tbf Geya'rah is one of the only characters in the entire game I find more unlikable than Sylvanas.

"You guys are all cowards for betraying the Warchief! Baine is a traitor and should be executed as such, along with everyone even remotely disloyal to- Wait, what do you mean Sylvanas just bailed on the Horde in its entirety?... Welp, time to let bygones be bygones! No hard feelings, right everyone?"

Now that is a funny joke, implying that Alleria and Vereesa would even be featured in Shadowlands in the first place.

What will happen is that it will be Thrall, Jaina, and Anduin (the holy trinity) to save her.
    Hate to admit it but I kinda want to see Alleria in shadowlands

She said N'zoth would serve her master

Maybe he actually did. They said Old gods are outside of the cycle of death, so what if Ny'alotha is like where twilights hammer cultists go where they die and it's one of the many realms in the shadowlands? Maybe have Alleria go all like "Why am I hearing whispers in the shadowlands." Then we finally get our fking Ny'alotha zone and not a Raid
    An'u belore delen'na

Thrall, Jaina, and Anduin (the holy trinity) to save her.
    These three together are getting rather stagnant at all. There's nothing personally at stake for them. They're just involved, either willingly or unwillingly in other people's affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Tbf Geya'rah is one of the only characters in the entire game I find more unlikable than Sylvanas.

"You guys are all cowards for betraying the Warchief! Baine is a traitor and should be executed as such, along with everyone even remotely disloyal to- Wait, what do you mean Sylvanas just bailed on the Horde in its entirety?... Welp, time to let bygones be bygones! No hard feelings, right everyone?"
    It gets worse when they had so much untapped potential for Mag'har characters, you could have a blackrock engineer dude with badass machinery, shadowmoon void cultist, funny haha laughing skull men, Shattered hand lunatic e.t.c.. Yet they somehow chose the most generic option possible, not only that, they gave her the Warsong armor despite being a Frostwolf herself.
    It is single-handedly one of the most confusing character additions yet, and it makes slightly more sense when you hear that Danuser hated making the Mag'har scenario, I didn't get in the hate-train before he said that. No passion in creating interesting characters, just literally threw in the absolute bare minimum.

Geya'rah towers over every other BFA Horde character in terms of motivation for turning to Sylvanas despite being a blank slate coming from a painful set of contrivances.

She actually has a reason to follow the Blood Oath from a cultural standpoint. Being essentially an Iron Horde orc with the serial numbers filed off she obviously doesn't give a flying shit about raising Derek, what with her henchmen eating the souls of Alliance troops just five minutes away, much like no one else should. Her allegiance aligns with her classically orcish views and her conclusion isn't to immediately become an Anduinist but only to pay more attention next time about the Warchief actually buying what they're selling. She and arguably Talanji are the only ones in the Council that aren't interchangable peaceniks that could be switched out in any given scene without any change in the plot and the Mag'har are the only race to suffer zero adverse consequences from BFA.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Hate to admit it but I kinda want to see Alleria in shadowlands

She said N'zoth would serve her master

Maybe he actually did. They said Old gods are outside of the cycle of death, so what if Ny'alotha is like where twilights hammer cultists go where they die and it's one of the many realms in the shadowlands? Maybe have Alleria go all like "Why am I hearing whispers in the shadowlands." Then we finally get our fking Ny'alotha zone and not a Raid
    These people couldn't even be bothered to mention Alleria in the patch about N'Zoth lol.

For all the memes about Sylvanas' stupidity that are on every social media, people are forgetting that it's a travesty how neither Alleria nor Vereesa played any role in this raid. It's just as bad as Sylvanas herself not playing any role in the Fall of the Lich King patch, or Terenas not appearing in the ICC raid.

As for your point about N'Zoth, he's 100% alive and scheming in the darkness. This is so obvious when you listen to what Blizzard (Danuser) had to say about him, they literally said "it would be foolish to ignore what N'Zoth taught us about visions, please remember we fought him in an alternate dimension thx".