does pvp devs even play the game?

assa rogue dmg, holy paladin healing is pure shit now. DH defensive is pure shit, Feral dmg/off healing/cc is insane. BM hunter dmg is insane. priest disc/holy healing is dumb asf. we are only meeting priest/druid/shaman healers. something is obv wrong

So you play holy pal/sin Rog/DH and struggle at 1.5. Thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to your question is there are no PvP devs, just other devs who are sometimes tasked to do something about PvP. Holinka is a combat designer now, chris kaleiki was the last guy that we know of whose job was to work on PvP and he left a while ago. Ion's character has a single digit honor level.

your first mistake is thinking there are dedicated pvp devs

Are you guys actually playing the game right now? I'll see you in 3 months and 3 weeks when conquest gear is unlocked.

given recent revelations, i'd be surprised if the devs that actually design the game play wow at all. it's clear the frat boys and possible lead devs don't.

At the end of the day, even if your class is shit, you can still achieve 2000-2400arena. Have fun Pvping

As far as I know there isn't any lead pvp dev/s, it's just kind of a thing in the game. So...no they don't.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

This question has been dredged up quite a bit in the past as well as now. That means the simplest answer must be true, it's blatantly obvious they don't play the game. There is an outside shot, highly unlikely but still possible, that they do know what they're doing but they're forced to bow and curtsy to the PVE Gods who run the show and dictate content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sekurm View Post
    assa rogue dmg, holy paladin healing is pure shit now. DH defensive is pure shit, Feral dmg/off healing/cc is insane. BM hunter dmg is insane. priest disc/holy healing is dumb asf. we are only meeting priest/druid/shaman healers. something is obv wrong
    Yes, Assassination Rogues do lack dmg and Holy Paladins lack the utility that Resto Shaman/ Druid and Priests bring. That's why you're seeing those 3 healers over and over and over again. I agree with those points 100%. But, the idea DH's lack defenses, given their insane mobility, offensive pressure and ridiculous uptime on Blur is not true at all. If you're comp is struggling, it's probably a L2p issue with your DH and the other two specs are currently lacking as far as tool kits go.

Well, obviously there are no PvP devs. WoW doesn't even have class devs anymore, how can there be ones that care about specific classes in PvP?
    There are only teams. And those teams design classes with PvE encounters in mind.

I too question the quality of the PvP devs or even their existence, but at least half of your examples of poor balance really scream a lack of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    your first mistake is thinking there are dedicated pvp devs
    there are a few. I don't think they are very good tho