Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    World First Mythic Kel'Thuzad by Echo

    Race to World First: Sanctum of Domination
    Echo has defeated Mythic Kel'Thuzad and is now 9/10 Mythic Sanctum of Domination!





    World First Mythic Kel'Thuzad by Echo - Raid Composition


  2. #2
    That was quick. Let's see if she survives the reset

  3. #3
    god damn my balls, i think they might take it!

  4. #4
    Is anyone even watching this? games dead lol.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Is anyone even watching this? games dead lol.
    There's like 140k+ people watching WF races on twitch literally right now

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Is anyone even watching this? games dead lol.
    That's your 4th post today calling wow a dead game, while continuing to post on a wow forum. Guess it begs the question why you're reading news and commenting on a dead game.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    That's your 4th post today calling wow a dead game, while continuing to post on a wow forum. Guess it begs the question why you're reading news and commenting on a dead game.
    i like dead games

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Is anyone even watching this? games dead lol.
    Only for you doomers. I see tons of people in all parts of the game.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pufflesmash View Post
    There's like 140k+ people watching WF races on twitch literally right now
    That`s not too impressive imho....Let`s count only Europe, America (North, Middle and South) and Asia. Splitting evenly 33k/area..33k viewers from Asia or whole Europe is...meh? Adding more (like Australia, Middle East, etc) makes the number even lower...I do not say it is dying but 140k watcher for a world first race is small number, again imho

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    140k watcher for a world first race is small number, again imho
    Compared to what?

    Drawing in 140K+ viewers for a 17 year old game only to watch a couple guilds bang their heads against overtuned bosses and wipe hundreds of times is pretty impressive I'd say.

    Most boring content to watch and yet it still manages to outperform more recent games (in terms of viewership).

  11. #11
    Wow, didn't even know there was a race going on

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Compared to what?

    Drawing in 140K+ viewers for a 17 year old game only to watch a couple guilds bang their heads against overtuned bosses and wipe hundreds of times is pretty impressive I'd say.

    Most boring content to watch and yet it still manages to outperform more recent games (in terms of viewership).
    Twitch is not YouTube, 140k is near record numbers.

  13. #13
    Also, about the amount of views in twitch. Don't forget most of WoW's players are adults, and in general, adults tend to watch streams much less often. Watching other players play live is mainly a children thing, and those watch minecraft and fortnite.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    Also, about the amount of views in twitch. Don't forget most of WoW's players are adults, and in general, adults tend to watch streams much less often. Watching other players play live is mainly a children thing, and those watch minecraft and fortnite.
    I looked it up because this seemed like a very bullshit "pulled out of ass" claim, and it is.



    While the largest single age group is 16-24, the "adult" age groups clearly are the overall majority.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I looked it up because this seemed like a very bullshit "pulled out of ass" claim, and it is.



    While the largest single age group is 16-24, the "adult" age groups clearly are the overall majority.
    Sounds like a strange demographic. I play computer games for 30 years now. For the last 20 years I talked with thousands of people. Never once anyone talked about watching streams.
    From other hand, I'm a school teacher for the last 15 years. More than 80% of the children I thought are watching streams.
    It might be something that only I experience, but as a doctorate student in mathematics and a statistics teacher for many years, somehow doubt it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    Sounds like a strange demographic. I play computer games for 30 years now. For the last 20 years I talked with thousands of people. Never once anyone talked about watching streams.
    From other hand, I'm a school teacher for the last 15 years. More than 80% of the children I thought are watching streams.
    It might be something that only I experience, but as a doctorate student in mathematics and a statistics teacher for many years, somehow doubt it.
    As a fellow mathematician you should know that our perceived anecdotal evidence is most certainly wrong when it comes to numbers.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    Sounds like a strange demographic. I play computer games for 30 years now. For the last 20 years I talked with thousands of people. Never once anyone talked about watching streams.
    From other hand, I'm a school teacher for the last 15 years. More than 80% of the children I thought are watching streams.
    It might be something that only I experience, but as a doctorate student in mathematics and a statistics teacher for many years, somehow doubt it.
    Just look at this post as if someone else wrote it.
    Then imagine what Blizzard thinks their demographics are. Then imagine that Blizzard tries to make the game for a perceived reality instead of the truth.
    This is what we have now. Blizz tries to make it looks like there is a 1% who is minmaxing, while in reality 90%+ of WoW players minmax to a degree.

    The other 10% casuals don't really care about legendaries, sockets, gems, set bonuses, conduits, etc-etc..
    Blizzard wants us to think that they NEED to cater to everyone instead of just their players.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    Sounds like a strange demographic. I play computer games for 30 years now. For the last 20 years I talked with thousands of people. Never once anyone talked about watching streams.
    From other hand, I'm a school teacher for the last 15 years. More than 80% of the children I thought are watching streams.
    It might be something that only I experience, but as a doctorate student in mathematics and a statistics teacher for many years, somehow doubt it.
    For a mathematician, it's weird to me that you don't know how to interpret your numbers.

    - You played computer games for 30 years and talked to thousands of people over 20 years -- most of those years aren't relevant at all. Streaming only became mainstream when Twitch launched, and it has exploded over the last 3-4 years. This 30 years/20 years experience means nothing for a vast majority of those years.

    - You're a school teacher -- you interact with many more children than adults, and you see new batches of children every year, while your adult groups are probably static. If you don't know any adults who watch streams, then you probably still won't know adults who watch streams next year, but you'll meet 30-50 new kids who watch streams next year.

    Apply your math to real life. You don't have enough data to be making any suggestions here.

    As a business owner in the digital space, out of everyone I know intimately enough, I can say that it's only my professor-friends from my BA/MA years who don't know about streams.

    Stats teacher -- you are the statistical anomaly. Not even really an anomaly; you are noise.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2021-07-18 at 11:02 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Just look at this post as if someone else wrote it.
    Then imagine what Blizzard thinks their demographics are. Then imagine that Blizzard tries to make the game for a perceived reality instead of the truth.
    This is what we have now. Blizz tries to make it looks like there is a 1% who is minmaxing, while in reality 90%+ of WoW players minmax to a degree.

    The other 10% casuals don't really care about legendaries, sockets, gems, set bonuses, conduits, etc-etc..
    Blizzard wants us to think that they NEED to cater to everyone instead of just their players.
    You think you know blizzards demographic better then they do?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I looked it up because this seemed like a very bullshit "pulled out of ass" claim, and it is.



    While the largest single age group is 16-24, the "adult" age groups clearly are the overall majority.
    Those numbers are claiming nobody under the age of 16 watches Twitch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •