Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New UI project - NextUI - wishlist

Long story short Im making some UI replacement for xiv. Think of it as less customizable version of ElvUI made for ACT.

Why? Because I really dont like player/target/target of target and party UI. They are not cusomizable enough.

JOIN DISCORD: https://discord.gg/yE9ytjV2eh

Example of what can be customized:

what is already in stock:

font size
    font color
    number format
    bar color
    size and position of any element.

what won't ever be done:
    custom action bars
    custom chat
    custom map

how it looks like:
    https://i.imgur.com/IOe78b9.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/0cMa8Z8.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/rdTGumR.jpeg
    https://streamable.com/nnxd7k

there is also aura icons

If anyone is interested in this project, let me know what kind customization you would like to have
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-08-30 at 11:10 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Party frames that don't look like trash would be soooo good. They are so trash in this game. Why do I care about their MP or what they are casting?? such useless info in default.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would love someone to port over weakauras somehow. That might bring me back to play again, even if only for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Party frames that don't look like trash would be soooo good. They are so trash in this game. Why do I care about their MP or what they are casting?? such useless info in default.
    Party frames will be included as well, they look like this so far:

But there is much work to be done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Would love someone to port over weakauras somehow. That might bring me back to play again, even if only for a short time.
    I am thinking about it, even without your input I was thinking about making super simple version of WA within that UI.

Meaning displaying icons in any place where some conditions are met on some actor.

status icons/text/custom textures
    any size

where player/target/named mob

has meet any of the conditions:
    hp below/above
    has status
    does not have status.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I am thinking about it, even without your input I was thinking about making super simple version of WA within that UI.

Meaning displaying icons in any place where some conditions are met on some actor.

status icons/text/custom textures
    any size

where player/target/named mob

has meet any of the conditions:
    hp below/above
    has status
    does not have status.
    That would be really amazing. Hell, you'd probably be the hero of the game if you managed to pull it off, even it it took a long time to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That would be really amazing. Hell, you'd probably be the hero of the game if you managed to pull it off, even it it took a long time to do.
    Funny enough thats actually fairly simple, but time consuming
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-07-18 at 06:34 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know, I have 0 programming skills whatsoever. :\ But if you decided to do it, take as long as you need.

Looking forward to seeing you progress on it. I really would like a lot of customization in the party/target frames surrounding buff/debuffs and specific elements being hideable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you progress on it. I really would like a lot of customization in the party/target frames surrounding buff/debuffs and specific elements being hideable.
    Customization options are literally infinite since its just html & css and whole engine is just a chromium browser used as game overlay.

https://streamable.com/gff6do
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Hello!

First thing I want to say is thank you for taking the time to not only do this but also share it with the rest of us.
    When do you think this will be avaliable for us to download and use? Also, I read that you won't be making custom action bars, just curious as to why it isn't possible!
    Thanks again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Customization options are literally infinite since its just html & css and whole engine is just a chromium browser used as game overlay.

https://streamable.com/gff6do
    So basically "internet magic".

Quote Originally Posted by Doofenschmirtz View Post
    Hello!

First thing I want to say is thank you for taking the time to not only do this but also share it with the rest of us.
    When do you think this will be avaliable for us to download and use? Also, I read that you won't be making custom action bars, just curious as to why it isn't possible!
    Thanks again!
    Not soon thats for sure, I can share repo for those interested in helping in development but that requires html/js/css skills.

Action bars are not possible in ACT overlay. They are purely informative frames, not possible to interact with.

Testing new text widgets (all texts on frames will have similar config: show, position, anchor, font size and color)
    https://streamable.com/pxk48m
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-07-19 at 05:21 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I wish I could help, but the only thing I've ever managed to do is change some stuff in notepad++ so that sharedmedia could recognize font files. I'm no programmer, sadly. Would've been nice as a career though, if I wasn't so stupid.

Another update, big plus is that since its basically a webpage i can literally test it in browser:

https://streamable.com/341njk

new movers, new css, frames made visible on move mode, much more fluid transitions, transparencies (yes you would be able to set color to half transparent), much more config options.

Thats a project made within ~1.5 weeks so don't expect it anytime soon.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

interesting idea. open source? any github/gitlab repo for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nem2k View Post
    interesting idea. open source? any github/gitlab repo for this?
    Will be, repo exists but so far I don't have neither time nor patience to explain people how to compile project, run server and configure ACT.

It's a different story if you are advanced in html/css/typescript/angular and can handle setting it up yourself, if so write me a PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

New config options: https://streamable.com/3l1nm2

Config UI is still bit scuffed but you can see amount of available options

New element: Target of target

also made it possible to add text outline to all elements (not visible on video but is there):

Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Can u set hp style?

like in wow pitbull you can set unit frame to show only

%

(currrent hp / max hp)

deficit (hp lost)

etc etc
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Can u set hp style?

like in wow pitbull you can set unit frame to show only

%

(currrent hp / max hp)

deficit (hp lost)

etc etc

yes that is planned, template syntax will be as follows (examples)

Code:
    ${hp} / ${hpMax} (${hpPct}%) - ${def}
    ->
    "9000 / 10000 (90%) - 1000"

You will be able to also perform arithmetic operations within it, even the entire formulas

Code:
    ${hp/2} / ${hpMax/2} (${hpPct}%) - ${def}
    ->
    "4500 / 5000 (90%) - 1000"

as well as wide array of math function such as rounding or ceiling random (well technically to all javascript global functions)

Code:
    ${hp} / ${hpMax} (${hpPct}%) ${Math.random()} - ${def}
    ->
    "9000 / 10000 (90%) 0.5915628966115005 - 1000"

obviously you don't need to use all the variables, for just percent it will be

Code:
    ${hpPct}%
    ->
    "90%"
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Are texture options possible for the unitframe bars? Also one of my main gripes with the game's UI is the lack of information that the nameplates offer. I quickly missed my plater setup when firing up FFXIV. No buff/debuff icon information or castbars.

I really wish at some point Square will just allow addons officially. Their base UI is still insanely restrictive in many elements. You can move and rescale elements and that's just about it. Can't change font, color, icon grow orientation, the nameplates that I just mentioned, their personal flytexts are auto enabled/disabled with the enemy combat text and stuck at a certain position in the screen, and so on. It doesn't even make sense that they advertise their UI of being super customizable but have no profile import/export feature.

Anywho /rant off. Glad this type of project is being worked on. I'm currently using a handful of mods via Textools myself. Mods and external tools are currently in the camp of "don't ask, don't tell" with the game which I'm sure is a huge detterent in mod creations to the game.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.