9.0 quest chain removed in 9.1?

The quest chain to rescue Baine, Jaina and Thrall from Torghast. Was it removed in 9.1?

This is not meant to debate or discuss how good or bad or outdated the quest chain is. I'd just like to know if it was removed or not.

I was given the option to skip them all on a fresh 60 and then skip right to Korthia.

Yes, I was given that option on a fresh 60 as well. But toons that were in the middle of the quest chain, those quests were removed. And on another fresh 60 that I was going to do the full chain on just for kicks, the quests were not given.

That's why I'm asking if the chain was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Yes, I was given that option on a fresh 60 as well. But toons that were in the middle of the quest chain, those quests were removed. And on another fresh 60 that I was going to do the full chain on just for kicks, the quests were not given.

That's why I'm asking if the chain was removed.
    I never saw any indication that it was removed per se. I could see them removing them from your log if you decide to continue forward as chronologically it wouldn't make sense as they're technically requirements for the story to move forward on at least 1 character.

So i guess the question is: Did you go to Korthia then noticed or haven't touched it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I never saw any indication that it was removed per se. I could see them removing them from your log if you decide to continue forward as chronologically it wouldn't make sense as they're technically requirements for the story to move forward on at least 1 character.

So i guess the question is: Did you go to Korthia then noticed or haven't touched it?
    I reached 60 on a Horde warlock two days ago. I did the quest to rescue Baine-- it's part of the covenant campaign. But then the quest "The first move" (cinematic of Anduin stabbing the Archon; begin Korthia) was forcibly inserted into my quest list. Every time I try to abandon the quest it immediately is FORCED right back into my list. Bolvar will not give me the quest "Explore Torghast," the next quest in the chain.

EDIT: I never spoke to Polemarch Adrestes nor tried to turn in "The first move." All I have done was tried to get the quest Explore Torghast and to abandon "The first move" in order to get it. Doesn't work.
    Last edited by HollyCarp; 2021-07-18 at 05:07 AM.

It is? thank god, actually fuck those 3

I was on the portion to investigate for anduin which I think was almost the part for twisting corridors. Turning in a quest near the map table for 9.1 wiped it out. Checking with the quest completed chat command, I saw that it flagged it as complete.

So if you are a completionist person in that regard don’t worry.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    I reached 60 on a Horde warlock two days ago. I did the quest to rescue Baine-- it's part of the covenant campaign. But then the quest "The first move" (cinematic of Anduin stabbing the Archon; begin Korthia) was forcibly inserted into my quest list. Every time I try to abandon the quest it immediately is FORCED right back into my list. Bolvar will not give me the quest "Explore Torghast," the next quest in the chain.

EDIT: I never spoke to Polemarch Adrestes nor tried to turn in "The first move." All I have done was tried to get the quest Explore Torghast and to abandon "The first move" in order to get it. Doesn't work.
    what does it say you've completed on the covenant campaign bit on your quest log?

I checked through my quest log. Apparently "The First Move," when forcibly placed into the quest log, also flags all of the rescue quests as completed. So it appears that the quest chain has in fact been removed.

A moderator is now free to close this thread if desired.