Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Contrary to popular belief (by that I mean American), resident evil is Japanese style setting, modern Japanese. Most people think it looks futuristic western style when it’s actually current Japanese style.
    Whats the difference between modern japanese style setting and "western"? And I mean the game literally plays in Raccoon city, an american city, with american protagonists.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is quite okay. You know, different cultures exist on the world Just give it a go.

What I rather find annoying in FF14 is the spammy transg/gay collective in the game. I am ok with them, I don´t care about them really. But eventually they are sticking their stuff right into your plate and then it is too much. Like, I don´t see any other collective or group of people doing that so much lol.´
    I guess it is good for them to have a game with such a large player base on the same page, but damn it, keep it a little bit more to yourselves. I want to play a Fantasy world, I don´t need to be remained about real life things all the time? It sort of "ruins" your experience a bit, but hey, you can´t complain because then it is offensive or you are a xenophobic moron or who knows what

All I ask is... be a bit more "game normal", leave the real life crap out where it belongs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Then I really don't know what you mean. FFXIV has all sorts of characters and they might be particularly cringe, but that's the case with every game. The thing is, the FFXIV story is way beyond everything any other MMORPG does at the moment.
    And this sort of comment means you haven't played ESO or SWTOR - the MMO's that have actually good story and lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And this sort of comment means you haven't played ESO or SWTOR - the MMO's that have actually good story and lore.
    I played both of them. ESO is as cliche as every other MMORPG with its stereotypical characters. There's nothing special about ESO. Granted, I haven't played Blackwood yet, but the story in every Chapter is very middle of the road and nothing special. The story in SWTOR was neither (back in 2011 when I played it). Sure, it was better than the average, but for sure not better than the MSQ in FFXIV.

FFXIV has an excellent main storyline (with fillers though, which I dislike). The lore is intriguing if you step into it, something that requires a lot of work.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Being japanese has almost nothing to do with it. There tons upon tons of japanese games that don't look like regurgitated hentai barf. This is all on the game.

Edit: To the people saying *this* is japanese culture, and we should learn to appretiate it. My god, please, stop with your weeb shit. It is not representative of actual japanese culture at all.(it is more like a western perversion.)
    What a bunch of nearsighted, culturally deaf fools.

Just imagine showing a ffxiv picture to a japanese person and saying "this is jaoanese culture". My god, you would be called a racist.
    Last edited by Cazze; 2021-07-19 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Probably, but they make up for it with 10/10 girls. Milfina is a stunner.
    I see the asmon fan

I played both of them. ESO is as cliche as every other MMORPG with its stereotypical characters. There's nothing special about ESO. Granted, I haven't played Blackwood yet, but the story in every Chapter is very middle of the road and nothing special. The story in SWTOR was neither (back in 2011 when I played it). Sure, it was better than the average, but for sure not better than the MSQ in FFXIV.

FFXIV has an excellent main storyline (with fillers though, which I dislike). The lore is intriguing if you step into it, something that requires a lot of work.
    Well, I loved the Daggerfall campaign, it's still the best story I've played through in an MMO. I haven't enjoyed ARR except for a few of the early quests (and that's only because I like Thancred). I ended up spoiling myself on the story because it's weird having so many people tell you it's the best story ever and you're just not seeing it. So, it does get better, although, kind of predictable if you have any history with the single player FF titles.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I don't understand how people can play it, just the UI makes me want to puke it looks like some shitty custom windows xp theme

just another burgundy thread. Also a lot of other familiar posters attempting to use the same bait topics for the 10th time to cause a mess.

Limiting your experiences with such a narrow and biased view of things only ruins your own prospects for having fun.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-07-19 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is quite okay. You know, different cultures exist on the world Just give it a go.

What I rather find annoying in FF14 is the spammy transg/gay collective in the game. I am ok with them, I don´t care about them really. But eventually they are sticking their stuff right into your plate and then it is too much. Like, I don´t see any other collective or group of people doing that so much lol.´
    I guess it is good for them to have a game with such a large player base on the same page, but damn it, keep it a little bit more to yourselves. I want to play a Fantasy world, I don´t need to be remained about real life things all the time? It sort of "ruins" your experience a bit, but hey, you can´t complain because then it is offensive or you are a xenophobic moron or who knows what

All I ask is... be a bit more "game normal", leave the real life crap out where it belongs
    W---what...?

I have no idea what this comment is even trying to say.

Are you talking about erpers? Just...don't...be involved with them...?

Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild is a Japanese game as well but its art style does not feel off-putting to me whereas I can't bring myself to like ff xiv's art style to play it.
    I had the similar issue with Aeon which at least had better contrast with the Rift trying to be too realistic and failing in fidelity (LotRO - SW:ToR did it better and ES:O is in between).

Perhaps I got used to Warcraft's art style for too long that anything besides the live cartoony scenery is not fitting my taste (Though bastion as my least favorite zone of SL feels rather too alien to me and feels as if Blizzard tried to emulate the art-style of FF XIV in that zone) : /

Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post
    That's subjective. e.g. I would call worgens, dogs not furries.

You can't compare WoW to FFXIV. FFXIV feels like a game that was developed in Asia, you can comparing more to Asian MMO's then WoW, its just silly.
    Sorry, that's copium.

WoW's are furries.

FFXIV are... humans with cute ears and tails.

I dont get this,

Isent this just: If you dont like it dont play it?

Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post
    Lol, did someone manage to design a Kratos furry, am done with internet today XD
    Holy shit. Can't be unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, I loved the Daggerfall campaign, it's still the best story I've played through in an MMO. I haven't enjoyed ARR except for a few of the early quests (and that's only because I like Thancred). I ended up spoiling myself on the story because it's weird having so many people tell you it's the best story ever and you're just not seeing it. So, it does get better, although, kind of predictable if you have any history with the single player FF titles.
    ARR really isn't good. Judging FFXIV on that alone isn't doing it justice. Everybody says ARR is pretty bad or at least underwhelming, even diehard fans. Heavensward (the 1st expansion) is the start of the very good storytelling and it became better and better with each expansion.

Final Fantasy XIV at the moment now is at its player peak and for the last two weeks is rising and rising. It's incredible how many new players are playing (way before Asmongold, he gave it another push, but the influx was there months ago). Every European server is full and has a queue. On no European server you can create a new character besides some very rare ocassions during early morning or daytime. It's incredible how popular the game is and the failure of Shadowlands is amplifying that.

ARR really isn't good.
    I think the story is good (particularly the early parts of 2.0 when you're new to the world, and the story after the Titan arc when the Scions are attacked and you're sent on the run and Gaius feels formidable, the Ul'dah and Doman refugees plotlines of the patch content). It's just brought down by a mediocre English dub, most of the Scions being unlikeable characters (they're holdovers from the 1.0 story rather than original creations of the new writing team, almost all of the new characters are more likeable. The new writers didn't figure out how to make the old Scions interesting until ShB 5.0), and the plot being bogged down by the formulaic Primal arcs.

Judging FFXIV on that alone isn't doing it justice.
    ARR is indicative of what the FFXIV experience is like. You're going to be spending most of your time running to the next NPC, reading dialogue boxes talking to that NPC, watching cutscenes, doing solo duties, and then the occasional dungeon or trial you queue through LFR/Duty Finder with other people. The game gets better voice acting and has less bloat as it goes on, but that is fundamental what FFXIV is all the way to 5.5. If people don't like the experience in ARR then they shouldn't stick around because it's not going to change.

Heavensward (the 1st expansion) is the start of the very good storytelling and it became better and better with each expansion.
    The story didn't get "better"; the presentation got better with the new voice acting and the pacing having less bloat, but the writing quality remains overall the same, IMO. Starting in Stormblood you start getting a change in writing style where the interesting political storylines with some grey areas and consequences are sidelined and you get more of an emphasis on the occult and feels.

I liked ARR for the most part. It moved slowly at times, though it ultimately had a lot of payoff both during ARR itself and also during later expansions. I am looking forward to the potential in expansions that are largely standalone, however. As much as I like the Ascians and the Garleans I'd like to see the writers move into territory that is completely new and not just a concept linked to 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    ARR is indicative of what the FFXIV experience is like. You're going to be spending most of your time running to the next NPC, reading dialogue boxes talking to that NPC, watching cutscenes, doing solo duties, and then the occasional dungeon or trial you queue through LFR/Duty Finder with other people. The game gets better voice acting and has less bloat as it goes on, but that is fundamental what FFXIV is all the way to 5.5. If people don't like the experience in ARR then they shouldn't stick around because it's not going to change.

The story didn't get "better"; the presentation got better with the new voice acting and the pacing having less bloat, but the writing quality remains overall the same, IMO. Starting in Stormblood you start getting a change in writing style where the interesting political storylines with some grey areas and consequences are sidelined and you get more of an emphasis on the occult and feels.
    The delivery may remain the same, but I meant "better" in terms of subject matter. I wasn't interested in the political or wartime stories, but after the the 'origin' story in Shadowbringers I was like, okay, I'm on board now. It's also made me appreciate ARR more because I have more understanding of what's going on and why.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

It looks like every 2010 asian MMO to me. Utterly unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think the story is good (particularly the early parts of 2.0 when you're new to the world, and the story after the Titan arc when the Scions are attacked and you're sent on the run and Gaius feels formidable, the Ul'dah and Doman refugees plotlines of the patch content). It's just brought down by a mediocre English dub, most of the Scions being unlikeable characters (they're holdovers from the 1.0 story rather than original creations of the new writing team, almost all of the new characters are more likeable. The new writers didn't figure out how to make the old Scions interesting until ShB 5.0), and the plot being bogged down by the formulaic Primal arcs.

I don't really think ARR is that much indicative of what the other expansions are. Yes, if you already hate the gameplay loop and storytelling in ARR you won't like it later. But if you're just whelmed by ARR, you can totally get to love the game later on (like me), because most of the drags from ARR get a lot better later on or are strictly removed.

I think the hardest part to get into FFXIV is really to finish ARR and to have the will to keep going - if you managed to do that it only gets better. ARR isn't bad per se, but it's very outdated and feels like that. If you already like ARR, you'll love what's to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It looks like every 2010 asian MMO to me. Utterly unplayable.
    If you haven't played it you really shouldn't judge it, especially not like claiming it looks like every 2010 Asian MMO which is just ridiculous at this point. It's your opinion I guess, but it's just wrong on so many levels.