Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoD was amazing for class play styles. I would return everything to WoD style if I could.

I would basically add what others have already mentioned Shattrath City, a mega dungeon, more content in gorgrond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...adding a Customizable Garrison/Outpost to every zone, adding another raid tier and adding at least two new zones mid-expansion. Definitely clean up Grom's role in the middle as well as clean up Yrel's role as the new leader of her people.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Retain many of the things that were planned and unjustly scrapped such as Karabor and Bladespire Citadel being the capitals for the Alliance and the Horde, Cho'gall and Kargath surviving longer and having a greater role, Gorgrond being much more industrialized to justify the Grimrail Depot and ralls, Tanaan Jungle being explorable from the start, Faralhon zone, more exploration of Ogre culture, etc...

I'd also have Blackhand live longer and associating himself with Gul'dan to become the new warchief of the Iron Horde, show AU Dragonmaw and other missing clans, Doomhamer living, Grommash not being forgiven that easely, etc...

1. Keep Bladespire and Farahlon as capitals. They didn't need much, just an auction, bank, and portal room.
    2. Scrap Ashran completely. Put all that time and energy into actually implementing Farahlon instead. Could even be a patch zone.
    3. Keep the Shattrath raid. It is the biggest bummer of all time that we never get to see inside the dome.
    4. Instead of Khadgar being a neutral story device for both factions, make Doomhammer the Horde Khadgar.

Also, instead of Time Travel - Garrosh just uses a metric fuck ton of Time-Magic to copy-paste a past-version of Draenor into Azeroth's orbit. No alternate universes, just a conjured artificial moon. We could have a cool view of Azeroth in the sky box everywhere, a throw back to Black Temple.

Stop the pruning and add more abilities instead.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Not waste devtime making 10 different versions of the garrison and Gorgrond.

On that note, keep the train they scrapped that ran between all the zones and retain the planned capital cities. Scrap Ashran.

Make the Garrison guild-wide.

Add another raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Step one, return capital cities to being what they were intended to be. Not trashran city hub. Iron horde doesnt invade, rather the prepatch is of garrosh escaping, and the moment he is through the time portal, another portal appears (help from usage of the sands of time rather than red dark portal) and we are attacked by the iron horde (every capital city except orgrimmar). Oh and kargath survives like he did in beta.

Step two shattrath raid patch. Not a massive patch, but a few quest lines while making shat raid. Assets already existed, and not much is gonna change. Sadly less unique models. Supposed to be a fun raid, but a filler. Bigger patch for the end

Step three tanaan isnt the last bastion of the iron horde. This patch is more akin to thundering isle. Still hellfire basically plays out the same way. Grommash after freed, isnt in the end. Of hellfire, but rather is bides his time in farahlon. No confusing mythic phase of archimonde dying or not dying.

Step four the finale is grommash. Basically rather than tanaan being timeless 2.0, farahlon is. There we finally bring grommash forth to his crimes in a small four boss raid with difficulty through the roof. Its akin to ruby sanctum. Oh, and this should be the place where we learn that the light is not always good.

With this, most plot holes are filled.

Probably could've fixed WoD by implementing any version of M+ in it and then not abandoning it for Legion. Lore-wise I'd have liked it closer to Rise of the Horde and the official timeline without pocket universe nonsense, but that's too much for 'before release' revisions.

Final patch could've been the stalemated Siege of Stormwind with the raid being Karazhan (final boss Corrupted Medivh in Upside-down Karazhan) and the outside play area being the siege itself. Logic being that if it's not a pocket universe, we've got to ensure that events play out right. Would've been dope.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Can it even be saved?
    What should have been done imho:

• Less convoluted story. Garrosh is brought to a past version of Draenor, before it became Outland, because he thinks he can get his "uncorrupted", Orc-exclusive (or nearly) Horde back, and tries to prevent it from drinking demon blood. However, Chromie, or any random Bronze Dragon for that matter, tells us that we have to allow them to be corrupted, because the alternatives might be much worse. Something like the Caverns of Time dungeons, but in a much larger scale and more organically written.
    • Garrisons being actual housing, instead of the "Blizzard twist" which failed spectacularly this time. That means that they should have been much more customisable and should have provided much less player power, if any, than they actually did.
    • Farahlon and the Shattrath raid should have not been cut off.
    • Although not an issue exclusive to WoD, devs went too far with the "raid or die" mentality - and no, getting free purples from the garrison isn't casual friendly content, not a meaningful one anyway. Fortunately, they did a quite decent job in Legion as far as casual friendly content goes.
    • On the same page, if CMs rewards were going to be just cosmetics, CMs should have been more accessible that they actually were.
    • Ashran was an unmitigated piece of !@#$. It was made more or less tolerable by the final patch. Once again, too little, too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They should have thought about it in MoP yeah!
    Right, right. I forgot that Blizzard can predict the future.

Which is weird because it raises the question of why they released the WoD expansion if they knew the expansion would be almost universally panned by practically everyone.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

1. Go up to the hilt on making Garrisons customizable/able to be located in each zone.
    2. Left the Marraad character stuff.
    3. Got as much of the dropped content IN.
    4. We lose at the end, Guldan wins. We barely escape a destroyed Draenor with a grip of npcs. Durotan, Grom, Yrel, Akama, Maladaar, and some of the odd races. Those npcs then inform the next two expansions. Both Horde and Alliance get internal struggle with Grom/Durotan in the Horde leadership race, and a big boost to a possible Space Goat push for power in the Alliance with a Yrel getting zealous with her Exarchs and Vindicators.

Remove Garrisons. That should improve a lot. Garrisons were the start of the big decline, with dumb systems that don't belong in an MMORPG.

I'd want to try a Garrison on a guild level.
    Members would use ressources to stock up on guards an equip them and then design a mega-dungeon scale event around it you can do once per week with hardmodes and all that stuff and every new patch adds new encounters to it.
    Obviously the ressources you can invest would be capped to a certain maximum and they would simply buff the guards helping you fight and make the encounter less difficult.

The event would be non linear and you could even splitt up in smaller groups to do the dungeon faster and stuff like that.

Something like that... something that would enhance guild-gameplay a bit.

I don't think an unfixable expansion can exist in hindsight, in theory you could fix anything if you don't have to worry about schedules or budgeting and have prior knowledge about what failed.

I would add much more to the garrison + make it into an actual player housing system, with some similar features to what OSRS has:
    -portal room
    -rooms for achievement showcases (display cases for boss trophies, some way to display your titles or achievement of choice etc) - potentially separate rooms for stuff like pve, pvp, collections, mogs
    -stables/pet menagerie - actual big builds where you can set specific mounts and pets to roam
    -party rooms with fun minigames and some random shit to just have fun with your mates

Everything highly customizable, along with furniture, decoration, theme etc.

Some people always say that WoW has worked well for 15 years without housing, but WoD was clearly a half-assed attempt at that. If you're gonna try, might as well make it a good lasting system
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Right, right. I forgot that Blizzard can predict the future.

Which is weird because it raises the question of why they released the WoD expansion if they knew the expansion would be almost universally panned by practically everyone.
    Yeah, shame really. They should have known.

The easy explanation is add M+ and World Quests to encourage actually visiting the zones. So far WoD is the only expansion to really dedicate a mechanic to each zone to make it unique. Nagrand especially felt very unique with mounted combat.

However, without resorting to mechanics that didnt exist at that time I would start by removing all the resources gained from Garrisons. Gold of course, but especially the mine and garden. All that did was remove any incentive to actually go out and explore the world.
    Secondly I would swap the Apexis dailies for more varied dailies to flesh out the world differently.
    Lastly I would have the raids place more focus on the Warlords. As well as more raids in general. That expansion had probaly the best raids so far, and I would have loved to see a Shattrath one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Defeat the Iron Horde in 9.1. Go to Auchindoun in 9.2 and find out that Jaina has been communing there with alternate Medivh. Invert WCII and have the Alliance invade Draenor first and they're going all pre-emptive on anyone on the planet.

Also, let Thrall actually interact with his parents as his parents. Also have him come to terms with the fact that the Orcs weren't peaceful hippies pre-demons. And when the Alliance invades? Allow our Alliance to see just how badly they fail to stack up against their paragons after being warped by decades on nonstop conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Can it even be saved?
    I liked WOD, I made enough gold from WOD alone to pay for 2 of the 4 Longbois I ended up buying in BFA