Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Not really most expected it to die. Echo has 7 unholy sets and 2 full bloods Limit had 4 unholy. Kind of stupid how big a difference in damage those sets are hopefully they don't do anything like it again. On level with corruption except you can't buy boes to get the right ones. Either way well played and gratz to echo.

- - - Updated - - -

2 victories :P and nobody but delusional fanboys think any world first race will be easy.
    Kinda like back in cata where the DS tier sets were that OP along with dragonwrath RWF guilds were both exploiting gear drops and poaching people to get there

Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    Seriously, if one team dominated sports so badly that every time they won the championship in a complete blowout, who would give a **** besides the fans of that one team? Nobody really, this rivalry is good for the game, for half a decade it was "oh look Method cleared a week before anyone else again *yawn*"
    lol college football.

Quote Originally Posted by -Stiletto- View Post
    True.

Also, that whole headstart shit gots to go! Blizzard grow some balls and release Mythic raids globally at the same time, stop catering to one side!

Like Gingi said on stream, just add a new EU server with NA release schedules, thats one option too!

Some of NA say "headstart doesnt matter". Well, clearly you are not a world first raider, just tune in to Echo's stream this race and see what they say about it, its a disgusting fucking disadvantage!
    The solution is realistically to make the RWF an official event, have a "RWF Realm" where any guilds can sign up and then get given the ability to generate static characters of any race/class combo they want, and then have the RWF on that specific server.

The problem is that the community would fucking REEEEE it's brain off at blizz "stealing" the community RWF event, and making those servers and all the tech for them would be a massive amount of effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean I'm all EU/Echo leaning, but some people here are totally off their rockers if they think this was easy or wasn't even close. Limit were like .4% off just half a day before this - like legit a difference of another 2-3 better loot pieces total there or an extra set.
    Is it really that close though, Limit took it a day after Echo and, after getting a full resets worth of gear.

It honestly wasn't that close, Echo handily won, in less pulls, less time spent and with less gear.

Excellent news, the best team won. EU is firmly back in control of the world first race, showing we have superior intelligence, reflexes and stamina.

Didn’t follow much but why are Method struggling this much with Sylvanas?

Wrong composition? Thy were the first of the third and now Pieces are ahead 10% with a hella less pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    In your dreams. They have been turning wow into an Esport for the past 3 or 4 years.

The game is literally all about mythic rushing and ranking crap.
    blows my mind how in a game where 90%+ of the content is casual friendly and been made as casual as posible,people actualy think blizzard caters to the hardcore lol

also how is wow being turned in an esport?blizzard doesnt even support any of it

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    See that’s kinda misleading. Limit only surpassed Echo’s gearing after reset. They were just as close as Echo with worse gear before exhaustion and the reset prevented them from continuing to push. Yes, Echo played exceeding well. But claiming it wasn’t a close race is just ignorant.
    By this argument, Pieces and BDGG were just as close to Limit as Limit was to Echo by en large, only that they cleared it with equal gear, but only spent +1 more day on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    blows my mind how in a game where 90%+ of the content is casual friendly and been made as casual as posible,people actualy think blizzard caters to the hardcore lol

also how is wow being turned in an esport?blizzard doesnt even support any of it
    Ah, yea, if you are not even slightly interested in gearing up past WQ/Covenant ilvl, WoW is really casual and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The solution is realistically to make the RWF an official event, have a "RWF Realm" where any guilds can sign up and then get given the ability to generate static characters of any race/class combo they want, and then have the RWF on that specific server.

The problem is that the community would fucking REEEEE it's brain off at blizz "stealing" the community RWF event, and making those servers and all the tech for them would be a massive amount of effort.
    Nah, releasing the patch worldwide at the same relative time would be enough. Your other suggestion is really boring. Let the guilds play with what they prepared beforehand, on their characters, on their realms, not some throwaway realms.
    WoW needs to be less lobby game, not more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Ah, yea, if you are not even slightly interested in gearing up past WQ/Covenant ilvl, WoW is really casual and enjoyable.
    Yeah, just ignore that you can do m+ and raid casually at any time you want via the ingame group finder.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Stiletto- View Post
    True.

Also, that whole headstart shit gots to go! Blizzard grow some balls and release Mythic raids globally at the same time, stop catering to one side!

Like Gingi said on stream, just add a new EU server with NA release schedules, thats one option too!

Some of NA say "headstart doesnt matter". Well, clearly you are not a world first raider, just tune in to Echo's stream this race and see what they say about it, its a disgusting fucking disadvantage!
    It would be like, let's say changing time zones for whole population because it would be more fair for people starting in olimpics or something like that. EU and NA have massive time differences, it's impossible to launch things globally without hurting general population. And why we stop on EU and NA? China and other regions exist too, now imagine global maintenance for whole world.

Also 'headstart' works two ways. Often EU guild got less buggy boss, so they save time and nerves. Imo Blizzard designing raid to be clearable by best guilds in one reset is most fair approach. Of course we don't know if it was intended or not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Is it really that close though, Limit took it a day after Echo and, after getting a full resets worth of gear.

It honestly wasn't that close, Echo handily won, in less pulls, less time spent and with less gear.
    I mean, this is a bit misleading. Echo would have killed it with the same gear if they had had some more time; fatigue stopped them, which they neither deny nor downplay. It's a part of the overall time constraint, and they accepted that - Max has repeatedly and publicly said that he knew it was over when they called the raid, but that staying up for 5 hours dead on their feet wouldn't have led to a kill either. The extra gear they got after the reset was inevitable, not required - they ran out of time and decided to be efficient about and smash it after a reclear, because they could. It wasn't that they NEEDED the gear to kill it.

In actuality, the difference probably came down to some differences in planning, both intentional and (somewhat) incidental. Echo decided to do a lot more splits, Limit gambled on the boss not dying in the first reset (which no boss in recent raiding did, save for Jaina and the big outlier Xavius) and did less splits as a result to be more efficient. Additionally, Echo's Boomkins decided to stay Night Fae because they thought it would be more useful for Kel'Thuzad, while Limit's switched to Venthyr immediately before mythic raiding started (as the Covenant legendary only became available with that reset); as it turned out, KT was a joke of a fight, but not having to focus on a very intense new rotation/CD window meant that Echo's Boomkins died a lot less during progression. Since that spec was so important on Sylvanas, it meant a lot fewer attempts ended due to fuckups for Echo. Max also said that he tried to offload some of the RLing to other people, but in hindsight felt that took away a lot of his personal strength as a RL.

There is no doubt Echo outplayed Limit this tier, and Limit has openly and frankly admitted as much. But it was still reasonably close, and Limit has also admitted that if the race had come down to just reclearing on reset and oneshotting the boss (as indeed they did) they would have felt like they had robbed Echo and it would have led to a ton of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Nah, releasing the patch worldwide at the same relative time would be enough. Your other suggestion is really boring. Let the guilds play with what they prepared beforehand, on their characters, on their realms, not some throwaway realms.
    WoW needs to be less lobby game, not more.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, just ignore that you can do m+ and raid casually at any time you want via the ingame group finder.
    You can given you are a healer, tank or meta dps.

Else you either have hours to waste spending in queue or gg.

But it’s probably me just tired to depend on others to do stuff I want to do, that’s why I went back to D3.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You can given you are a healer, tank or meta dps.

Else you either have hours to waste spending in queue or gg.

But it’s probably me just tired to depend on others to do stuff I want to do, that’s why I went back to D3.
    I am neither. But I have a guild. If you don't want a guild, join a community.

If you don't want to socialize, then don't complain if people don't care about you, because you play the wrong class.

Relying on others is the only reason to even play an MMO imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post

d00d...

If Limit would do legit 0.4% more damage that pull half a day before Echo, you'd be having "Limit" in title.

It was giga CLOSE race, that's the reality. Echo, IMO, were better overall, but this shit was much closer than any race in recent memory.

d00d...

If Limit would do legit 0.4% more damage that pull half a day before Echo, you'd be having "Limit" in title.

It was giga CLOSE race, that's the reality. Echo, IMO, were better overall, but this shit was much closer than any race in recent memory.
    "giga close"

"giga"

I'm such an old man.

Grats Method.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I am neither. But I have a guild. If you don't want a guild, join a community.

If you don't want to socialize, then don't complain if people don't care about you, because you play the wrong class.

Relying on others is the only reason to even play an MMO imo.
    Socializing is nice but unfortunately does not help when you have sessions of roughly one hour and not even all days.

Since I just can’t login, decide what to do and be able to do it in minutes (I mean just do it, succeeding is not mandatory to me), I simply quit.

I spent half of my time in S1 waiting for Godot, it’s probably time for me to finally admit to myself that this game has nothing more to give to me.

Will go back to my beloved sp games where I was before Vanilla came out.

no rogues in their roster,.. that's just.
    Aww man.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if limit would do little more damage bla bla, if eu had the reset on same day as usa limit would never ever stand a change of getting world first.

d00d...

What, how short is your memory lol

Dazar'alor was 24h apart, Crucible of Storms 4 hours apart, Eternal Palace was 9 hours apart, Ny'Alotha is an exception of 2+ days, Castle Nathria was 16 hours apart, and now this tier Sanctum of Domination was 12 hours apart. Pieces was 22 hours after Limit and BDGG 6 hours after that.

All in all this was a pretty typical tier, where one side stomps the other one and the runner up won't clear the raid for an entire day after the winner, except in this case Limit, Pieces, BDGG needed a full week to clear it, while Echo didn't.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-07-22 at 06:59 PM.