Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not saying it's not true, but how are you objectively able to determine this?
    The same exact way they determine that streamers "do so much for the game"... placebo effect.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    The same exact way they determine that streamers "do so much for the game"... placebo effect.
    Game companies pay streamers millions of dollars to stream their game. I think their market analysts know more than your gut.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Game companies pay streamers millions of dollars to stream their game. I think their market analysts know more than your gut.
    We all have our theories about these webcam folk and what/who is paying them. And we also have no market analysts here. We have streamer fans grasping at straws trying to pretend the person they watch does/did more than they actually did by making outrageous claims.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    We all have our theories about these webcam folk and what/who is paying them. And we also have no market analysts here. We have streamer fans grasping at straws trying to pretend the person they watch does/did more than they actually did by making outrageous claims.
    It's not a theory lol. It's a rule on Twitch that if your stream is sponsored you need to have #ad in the stream title. There's fuck tons of sponsored streams literally every single day on Twitch and it's plain to see because it's transparent.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    It's not a theory lol. It's a rule on Twitch that if your stream is sponsored you need to have #ad in the stream title. There's fuck tons of sponsored streams literally every single day on Twitch and it's plain to see because it's transparent.
    Yes, it's a theory because unless you've been given information on dollar amounts or subscription numbers, we're just making educated guesses.

    Right now, all some here are doing is giving out false accolades which is a very strange thing to do.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Yes, it's a theory because unless you've been given information on dollar amounts or subscription numbers, we're just making educated guesses.

    Right now, all some here are doing is giving out false accolades which is a very strange thing to do.
    Plenty of streamers have talked about how much they get paid. $10 per 100 viewers per minute is pretty normal for big streamers. So for a 5k view count streamer we're talking like 30k for an hour.

    I'm sure all the "webcam folk" are just liars though right? Can't trust those dastardly webcam people.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Plenty of streamers have talked about how much they get paid. $10 per 100 viewers per minute is pretty normal for big streamers. So for a 5k view count streamer we're talking like 30k for an hour.

    I'm sure all the "webcam folk" are just liars though right? Can't trust those dastardly webcam people.
    Because whatever someone on a webcam says MUST be true.

    Do I really need to point this out? I can't believe people are so naive.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    We all have our theories about these webcam folk and what/who is paying them. And we also have no market analysts here. We have streamer fans grasping at straws trying to pretend the person they watch does/did more than they actually did by making outrageous claims.
    Oh yeah so because your gut feeling and fanboyism conflicts with facts and what other people are saying, we're automatically streamer fans or what. Idgaf about Asmongold or his followers, but it is undeniable that he has made FFXIV a much more popular game, even moreso than an expansion release of this game. All you've done so far is dismiss hard evidence and call people out, but you have never presented any even slight evidence that your claims are any true.

    So my claims still hold: FFXIV is a decently popular game in Japan and in some parts of East Asia, but in the West its relatively unknown and thus the simple fact that one big streamer started playing it has drastically increased its interest and player numbers. Search interest ratios (!!), streaming services, steam playing numbers (I am aware this isn't the main or only source from where people get to play ffxiv, but its trend paint a good picture of it) prove this clearly.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-07-20 at 11:59 AM.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Because whatever someone on a webcam says MUST be true.

    Do I really need to point this out? I can't believe people are so naive.
    Nah man I get it. Hundreds of people are all in on the conspiracy together. They all get together wherever webcam folks get together at and they're like, "How can we gaslight Necromantic, the most important mmo-champion poster. We've gotta lie about really weird stuff that has nothing to do with him so he questions reality."

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Oh yeah so because your gut feeling and fanboyism conflicts with facts and what other people are saying, we're automatically streamer fans or what. Idgaf about Asmongold or his followers, but it is undeniable that he has made FFXIV a much more popular game, even moreso than an expansion release of this game. All you've done so far is dismiss hard evidence and call people out, but you have never presented any even slight evidence that your claims are any true.

    So my claims still hold: FFXIV is a decently popular game in Japan and in some parts of East Asia, but in the West its relatively unknown and thus the simple fact that one big streamer started playing it has drastically increased its interest and player numbers.
    Someone defending a streamer says my "fanboyism". Does not compute.

    No, he didn't make this a "much more" popular game. He may have brought a few of his sycophants along for the ride but that's about it. If you honestly feel otherwise, I sympathize.

    I've not dismissed any "hard evidence." I'm pointing out how you're taking evidence and reading it wrong. I don't need evidence for anything I've said. I'm not the one making outrageous claims.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Nah man I get it. Hundreds of people are all in on the conspiracy together. They all get together wherever webcam folks get together at and they're like, "How can we gaslight Necromantic, the most important mmo-champion poster. We've gotta lie about really weird stuff that has nothing to do with him so he questions reality."
    A hundred sycophants say "this guy did sooooo much for the game" does not make it so.

    Some people may buy this crap, I'm sure as heck not one of them.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post

    A hundred sycophants say "this guy did sooooo much for the game" does not make it so.

    Some people may buy this crap, I'm sure as heck not one of them.
    What? That's not even what we were talking about.

    I said that hundreds of streamers have talked about standard rates for sponsored content and you called them liars. We weren't even talking about what non-streamers were saying about streamer impact on FF14.

    Did you have a stroke during our conversation?

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    What? That's not even what we were talking about.

    I said that hundreds of streamers have talked about standard rates for sponsored content and you called them liars. We weren't even talking about what non-streamers were saying about streamer impact on FF14.
    I know exactly what you said.

    And my point still stands that just because they make claims on webcam does not make them true. People hold waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much trust in what webcam plebs say/think. It's so awkward.

    And as I've said before, I'm one of the last people you're ever going to convince that these people do good for games so you're basically wasting your time.

    Did you have a stroke during our conversation?
    Was that comment really necessary? I mean seriously?

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I know exactly what you said.

    And my point still stands that just because they make claims on webcam does not make them true. People hold waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much trust in what webcam plebs say/think. It's so awkward.
    So you think hundreds of them all gathered together in secret to lie about something trivial? Or they're like some kind of hive mind or something where they all decided to lie independently about the same thing?

    Was that comment really necessary? I mean seriously?
    When you completely change the subject and act like you didn't, and didn't even realize it, yes.

  14. #234
    so FF had a surge of toxic miserable players who gonna pretend they know it all in 2 weeks, why is it good?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    So you think hundreds of them all gathered together in secret to lie about something trivial? Or they're like some kind of hive mind or something where they all decided to lie independently about the same thing?
    Do I think they "gathered together in secret?" What a strange hypothetical question.

    My point, again (you're not going to change my mind) is that I do not trust these webcam plebs. I've seen so many things they've said that are absolutely incorrect to the point of being laughable yet all these sycophants eat it up and even reference what they say. It's scary how naive people are.

    When you completely change the subject and act like you didn't, and didn't even realize it, yes.
    I didn't change the subject. And no, it was not necessary. That comment you made could be asked to any fan of any streamer mid-conversation but it's absolutely rude, superfluous, unnecessary and nonconstructive. Why resort to insulting remarks rather than just sticking to the conversation at hand because I didn't insult you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    so FF had a surge of toxic miserable players who gonna pretend they know it all in 2 weeks, why is it good?
    It's not good, never was. Streamer fans (apparent in this thread too) grasp at straws, pretending their cluster is good for the game(s). They love to hold onto the "we bring up the population" as their golden ticket response but forget that inflating the population with empty shells causes way more harm than anything else.

    Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCmZHILkm8

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Do I think they "gathered together in secret?" What a strange hypothetical question.

    My point, again (you're not going to change my mind) is that I do not trust these webcam plebs. I've seen so many things they've said that are absolutely incorrect to the point of being laughable yet all these sycophants eat it up and even reference what they say. It's scary how naive people are.
    So why do you think tons of the webcam plebs all said that when they do sponsored content they make a gross amount of money, and tons of them gave the same figures. What is your explanation for that? Are they lying or telling the truth? If they're lying then why and how?

    I didn't change the subject.
    Yes you did.

    I said the streamers claimed they get paid a lot of money by companies.

    You said that they can't be trusted.

    I asked how and why hundreds of them would/could coordinate lying about this.

    You then started talking about how fans are sycophants, which has nothing to do with whether or not the streamers are lying or telling the truth.

    So yeah, you changed the subject and I wanna know why.

  17. #237
    he'll leave the game as quickly as he played it. Same goes with his mindless chat army.

  18. #238
    This thread is sad. Its really obvious Asmongold is very popular. Its really obvious MMOC is dying because it is drowning in toxic behavior. And now we have a bunch of hyper toxic people on MMOC attacking Asmongold.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    So why do you think tons of the webcam plebs all said that when they do sponsored content they make a gross amount of money, and tons of them gave the same figures. What is your explanation for that? Are they lying or telling the truth? If they're lying then why and how?
    You're using generic terms to paint your own scenario. I'm not saying anyone is lying. I'm only saying I do not believe them. There is a difference. Due to all the untrue and dishonest things so many of these "popular streamers" have said, it's hard to believe that anyone believes them yet people still watch them, reference them and give them money. And yes, I know... a fool and their money are soon parted.

    Yes you did.

    I said the streamers claimed they get paid a lot of money by companies.

    You said that they can't be trusted.

    I asked how and why hundreds of them would/could coordinate lying about this.

    You then started talking about how fans are sycophants, which has nothing to do with whether or not the streamers are lying or telling the truth.
    Apples and oranges. I brought up sycophants when you started saying "hundreds of people." That's where I think you got confused.

    I wanna know why.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9QnZVpVd8

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This thread is sad. Its really obvious Asmongold is very popular. Its really obvious MMOC is dying because it is drowning in toxic behavior. And now we have a bunch of hyper toxic people on MMOC attacking Asmongold.
    I don't see much attacking rather than refuting some outrageous claims.

    If you say "If Joe Blow didn't exist, the sun wouldn't rise" and somebody else said "That's simply not true"... that doesn't mean somebody else is attacking Joe Blow.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2021-07-20 at 12:49 PM.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    You're using generic terms to paint your own scenario. I'm not saying anyone is lying. I'm only saying I do not believe them. There is a difference. Due to all the untrue and dishonest things so many of these "popular streamers" have said, it's hard to believe that anyone believes them yet people still watch them, reference them and give them money. And yes, I know... a fool and their money are soon parted. Apples and oranges. I brought up sycophants when you started saying "hundreds of people." That's where I think you got confused.
    Ah, I see I confused you. When I said hundreds of people, I was not talking about fans. Hundreds of streamers. Literally hundreds of streamers have talked about how lucrative sponsored content is. You thought that I changed the subject because you assumed that hundreds of people must refer to fans instead of streamers. Looks like I did get what I want.

    I think the thing that amazes me most is that you hate streamers so much but you don't trust them to sellout to big companies. You're skeptical that the selling out is real lol. That just amazes me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •