Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Dude sounds like he just stepped foot off the Mayflower.
    He might even still be on it, tbh.

  2. #342
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,778
    Also, once again I have to reiterate that you have to consider what you aren't seeing and why. If you went by the people AFKing in Limsa, you'd think that most people played sexy or cute girls, but consider: the people AFKing Limsa probably want to show off their cute or sexy character, and like looking at other cute or sexy girls. That's why they are AFKing in Limsa, to get attention. Male characters don't get that attention and players who play them aren't as likely to be into the culture of spending hours on twitter scrolling through waifu fanart. As such, those players aren't as likely to AFK in Limsa.

    It's like that story about the WW2 plane designers. They received data on where the planes that came back got the most shot up. Most of the designers just thought "we should add more armor to the places where the planes are being shot up the most!". WRONG. They weren't considering the planes that didn't return. The planes that came back were shot up in places where the planes could still function. The planes that didn't come back were shot up in places where they couldn't function. One designer realized this, realized that they need to add more armor to the sections that the returning planes weren't being shot up in, because if those sections got shot up then the plane would crash.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-07-21 at 06:48 PM.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Also include the fact that the only reason people "flooded" this game, is just because of a lame streamer who played this game while at the same time has making fun of it just in front of his fans. For real, why people like Asmongold?, he is a asshole, i barely can stand this guy talking....
    My brain still cannot compute why either.

    I've been told "for entertainment" but I just don't see what's entertaining about it? Some have likened it to live TV but even those people had meaning, purpose and some had value. I've never seen any evidence that this person possesses any of those. But... for some reason, people worship this person, reference his comments as if what he says is the way it is. They don't even understand what he's saying but go along with it anyway. I just don't... get it.

    What's worse is that there have been people who had action taken against them simply because they've never heard of him or like him. I'll never get over the guy who got banned from the official forums for saying he watched him and didn't like him. Got banned for "trolling." That moderator should be ashamed of themself.

    It really makes me question the minds of people in the world. I get it that generations are getting lazier and lazier but to the point where you stop thinking for yourself? I hate to think what my great grandchildren are going to endure.

    I'm just glad Scarab Lord was not obtained, despite begging for parts and gold on Twitter. It always saddens me when I see prestigious things obtained by people who do not deserve them.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2021-07-21 at 06:55 PM.

  4. #344
    I am a very casual player, I play LFR and mostly solo, Shadowlands has been great with me.

    I imagine many others think the same.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    If you can see her underwear under that skirt instead of just "black", like in other games...its not ok, but in FF14, it shows her underwear, and is just another slutmog to satisfy horny male players.
    So you're basically some sort of super hardcore prude or... ? Are you vehemently against things like strip clubs in GTA, too?

    Its just pixels on a screen, dude. Definitely not a "slutmog," either way.

  6. #346
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    35,966
    This thread is quickly veering into "Game vs. Game" infighting and unrelated bickering as opposed to discussing the effect of Asmongold streaming FF14. Let's pivot back to the thread's actual topic as opposed to these unrelated debates.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Dude, they even sell the slut mogs in the main webpage:
    https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ff...-us/category/1

    I don't see Blizzard or Zenimax abusing this "sexual" content that bad like Final Fantasy. Its like they know who are they targeting this game to. While WoW and ESO is more "normal" in terms of "looks".
    I scrolled a good way down that page and saw nothing I'd really call "slutmog." Can you point to anything specific?

    I'll pay attention to the mod warning and drop this here, but you are wholly off-base when it comes to other games. I can't comment on ESO, but have you seen some of the outfits in WoW?! Holy shit. Remember characters like Alexstrasza? Go look at what she's wearing. Or venture into why a lot of young guys like Sylvanas.

  8. #348

  9. #349
    The funny thing about this whole discussion is that a big chunk (comparetively speaking) of the FFXIV playerbase is actually female.
    Seems like all this "sex stuff" seems to attract female gamers more than the "pure MMOs".

    It's a fucking troll guys, let it go.

    A girl wearing a skirt is a "slut" in his eye, he thinks any skin is haram or whatever

    you can discuss this in like 300 different threads, like the mfing FF megathread for example. This has nothing to do with Asmongold.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-21 at 07:24 PM.

  10. #350
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Dude, that starting "uniform" you get when you play a new character, is a slutmog. I mean this one:



    Please, stop with the bullshit that people are the ones to be blamed, when the designers put "that" outfit as the first armor you get in the game. You can see your female character underwear under that skirt. Don't tell me that the devs didn't sexualized this game a lot.
    Dude what the fuck this is a Christian board. I ain't trying to see shoulders

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    I have no idea. I started to think they watch him just because people are bored. Specially kids or weird adults. The guy is not even funny, I saw that video on Youtube where he was starting to play FF14....The guys was actually making fun of the game all the time, like thinking: "Are you guys for real playing this shit and reading this stupid ass lore?, LOL". I didnt saw him as a guy that would be enjoying the game or reading all the details like a new player normally do, or put attention to his character, etc. He was just doing all the crap randomly. I had to stop watching this dude, because i cant stand it. I hate guys that are such an asshole, even to his fans.
    And yet... people still continue giving him money.

    Anyways, people in the world, make guys like this famous. But i really dislike them a lot. At least is not another lady in bikini playing games just to make money on Twitch or other platforms on the internet, while showing her boobs, people are so incel, virgins, weird....etc.
    You mean like his gf/ex-gf Pink Sparkles? The one who got mad because viewers "overly sexualized" her yet she wears the low-cut shirts which are designed to draw attention to that area and not to mention, made a "onlyfans" account?

    Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I am a very casual player, I play LFR and mostly solo, Shadowlands has been great with me.

    I imagine many others think the same.
    Despite the hate it gets, LFR is one of the best things ever added for casual gamers. For periods I played, I wouldn't have if LRF had not existed. Becoming a husband and father, "I can't come help you, I'm gaming" isn't something I say. I can't raid like I used to anymore. While a raid may only take a couple hours, that's a long single time slot in my house.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    the funny thing about this whole discussion is that a big chunk (comparetively speaking) of the FFXIV playerbase is actually female.
    Not sure what Asmongold has to do with this though.
    It wouldn't surprise me if ff14 has the largest amount of female players in terms of % of a games playerbase out of any 'classic' mmo.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if ff14 has the largest amount of female players in terms of % of a games playerbase out of any 'classic' mmo.
    Me neither, it's not like we have a lot to go on in terms of statistics, but considering Yoshi-P - basically the most important guy for this game and the guy who should know - said that it's around 7:3 and close to 5:5 on some korean server where a certain tiktok(?) meme lord is playing.... well.. yeah.

    This shows how much streamers influence the playerbase btw.
    Just saying, since some people seem to deny that.
    Not saying Asmongold did it alone, but he sure as hell would/will add a shitton of players to this game if he keeps playing.

    What I don't quite get is why Asmongold even left WoW...
    Shadowlands is pretty good in my opinion. Both raids so far have been absolutely amazing and the M+ seasons have been quite fun as well due to how fun the dungeons are in general.
    But I get that it's not much outside of that. I can't enjoy any of the story or leveling due to how bad the leveling-story-telling is.

    95% of the game's important story bits are being told outside of the game, that just sucks for an MMO.
    What exactly is he criticizing in general? I'm not sure if he is actually pretty "casual" and "community driven" and he wants to see stuff like housing, cosmetic rewards and open world stuff?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-21 at 07:35 PM.

  14. #354
    Don't know why you say wow peaked in wrath

  15. #355
    I never understood why some people act as if it's so outlandish an idea that exposure to a lot of eyes would increase interest in a product.

    Even those of you that are here posting, "Ugh, streamers! Streaming is dumb! Who watches that! Asmon is a poopy doodoo head!" are here, talking about the game, having a discussion about it, and so on.

    It's just more exposure/marketing/etc. You'd think that a bunch of gamers would get that.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    Don't know why you say wow peaked in wrath
    Because in terms of subscriber numbers.. it did?

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I never understood why some people act as if it's so outlandish an idea that exposure to a lot of eyes would increase interest in a product.

    Even those of you that are here posting, "Ugh, streamers! Streaming is dumb! Who watches that! Asmon is a poopy doodoo head!" are here, talking about the game, having a discussion about it, and so on.

    It's just more exposure/marketing/etc. You'd think that a bunch of gamers would get that.
    As stated before, it may draw in more people but not the right people. Have you seen the type of people who watch him? Those are the types who come here. Yeah... that's why people are upset.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    As stated before, it may draw in more people but not the right people. Have you seen the type of people who watch him? Those are the types who come here. Yeah... that's why people are upset.
    That's not really what I was talking about, but while we're on the topic...

    XIV players really need to stop with this "the immigrants are gonna run my neighborhood" crap. Portions of the XIV community have been some of the biggest shitbirds throughout this entire period. I'm about over hearing them talk about how they're so awesome and amazing and friendly while they treat others with such contempt.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's not really what I was talking about, but while we're on the topic...

    XIV players really need to stop with this "the immigrants are gonna run my neighborhood" crap. Portions of the XIV community have been some of the biggest shitbirds throughout this entire period. I'm about over hearing them talk about how they're so awesome and amazing and friendly while they treat others with such contempt.
    You are not wrong. There are a lot of "shitbird" or whatever slang you want to use groups in XIV. I personally know this for a fact.

    People being crappy in-game is a lot lessened over the past couple years with GMs taking action. The people being referred to here are "empty drones", for a lack of a better term. They won't try bullying people in game but go into dungeons or other group areas/activities with no common sense. Because they're not being "rude", there is no rule they're breaking. They're just there, taking up space.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    You are not wrong. There are a lot of "shitbird" or whatever slang you want to use groups in XIV. I personally know this for a fact.

    People being crappy in-game is a lot lessened over the past couple years with GMs taking action. The people being referred to here are "empty drones", for a lack of a better term. They won't try bullying people in game but go into dungeons or other group areas/activities with no common sense. Because they're not being "rude", there is no rule they're breaking. They're just there, taking up space.
    Where does this presumption come from, exactly? Are there some statistics on "new players from this place or that place are gonna be bad" that I haven't seen?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •