Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Whoa! so upset, hey it's ok, truth hurts, it's normal.

    ffxiv cash shop is out of control and agree, you're right, it is on par with ESO and BDO, cash shops are their end game content for their only audience/players - wallet players (whales). You can even pay to skip all the content and go straight to end game (the cash shop) like what do people not get?

    The game devs are literally laughing at the players, all that content, the whole purpose, the purest soul of the game, the content, and you can pay too like WTF (i can't believe i can honestly and truthfully say this but) PAY TO SKIP the only thing the game has going for it, like pay real money, it's epically mind blowing that this is even acceptable.

    Yeah real great mmo there lmao.

    Hey anything taking whales out of wow before they corrupt wow is ok in my book my dude.
    It definitely isn't on par with the other games I mentioned. FFXIV cash shop is no worse than WoW's. The level boost is literally the exact same thing as WoW's but somehow WoW is "less corrupt". All you're doing is showing you're a gigantic WoW shill and are salty as fuck that WoW is failing.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-07-19 at 06:04 PM.

  2. #142
    Biggest issue was wow break. I play ff14 every how and then, when there are big brakes. But i raid in wow while i just level in ff14. It's ok as a duversion, but even as a longtime fan of the franchise, I cant get into it. I prefer single player games.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Highly doubtfull.

    Google trends for FF for US was allways competing with WoW, just as for many other ASIA MMOs aswell. And thats what data shows us since years.

    EU is minus UK more or less ignoring ASIA MMO's but thats not new. WoW's EU activity overtook US since TBC and same time zone activity in EU is so high compared to US, that patch days require a US-DEV night shift, since they dont know anymore from US data if things really work or not in EU - in the WoW peak activity zone.

    US compared to EU is quite different in console gaming and right now polar opposite when it comes to AYAYA MMO's.

    Streamers have nothing to do with it, they just follow the trends from their own target audience. Asmongold got clearly a huge US viewership, but thats not surprising and what he does mirrors what his target audience wants. He is just a successful content creator, because he targets the wide audience with common interests.

    Its less a WoW issue and more a US only thing.
    So the fact FF14 went from a steady 5K twitch viewers per day to north of 110K per day when Asmongold streams it has NOTHING to do with it?

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvi View Post
    I don't want to take anything away from Asmongold because I really enjoy his content. I think he's getting a bit too much credit for this, though. The way people are talking it's as if FFXIV was dead before he started to play, which just wasn't the case.
    Definitely. Granted Asmon is bringing a lot of new players but only time will tell if they're tourists. The exodus from WoW started soon after the launch of Shadowlands, anyone who played FFXIV in the last 6 months can tell you that the sprout population has grown and grown and grown.

    When you talk to the sprouts in game (yes we have conversations in this game) you often hear the same thing, how the WoW devs have slowly driven them away from the game and that Shadowlands was the final straw.

    It takes a lot to get a player to leave a MMORPG they're invested in but Blizzard have managed to do just that due to years of poor design decisions. Players deciding to jump ship isn't something that happened over night, this is years of neglect and it'll be very difficult to turn it around and get them back.

  5. #145
    There's a difference between watching your favourite entertainer play something and listen to his jokes/commentary and playing the actual game itself which you might have zero interest in. You're not watching the game, you're watching the player. The game is just in the background as far as personality entertainers go - look at LIRIK and some other big streamers that always maintain massive numbers regardless of what they play. People watch them, not the game.

  6. #146
    It was kind of a perfect storm for FFXIV. Blizz really shit the bed with 9.1, streamers are ditching wow for FFXIV, and it was monumentally stupid of blizzards lead product manager to tweet trash talk to asmongold. How that guy still has a job blows my mind.

  7. #147
    The EU servers have been steadily increasing in population as well. Just not as drastically as the US servers. Though it's enough to be noticeable.

    I just hope the development team do more to listen to European voices/requests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    It was kind of a perfect storm for FFXIV. Blizz really shit the bed with 9.1, streamers are ditching wow for FFXIV, and it was monumentally stupid of blizzards lead product manager to tweet trash talk to asmongold. How that guy still has a job blows my mind.
    From what I've seen of many Blizzard employees with a Twitter account, many are spiteful virtue signalling idiots with a perpetual chip atop their shoulders. It isn't just their employees either, but people they hire on the side, like Christie Golden who goes on lengthy rants about 'toxic masculinity'. Which really just gives a vocal segment of WoW players an excuse to hate on men freely.

  8. #148
    In between RWF puls I took a gander at Asmon's stream and if he was really that much of an influencer, everybody would be saying fuck/big dick this or that all the time, and walk around with a look of deer in the headlights.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It definitely isn't on part with the other games I mentioned. FFXIV cash shop is no worse than WoW's. The level boost is literally the exact same thing as WoW's but somehow WoW is "less corrupt". All you're doing is showing you're a gigantic WoW shill and are salty as fuck that WoW is failing.
    Hey anything removing wallet players (whales) from wow is totally cool with me.

    I'm starting to think i'd better stop preaching the truth, next thing you know people might actually start to think for themselves and wow will turn into an easy bake oven fisher price game too.

    HEY everyone, wow totally sucks please play ffxiv, eso, or bdo they all accept wallets with open arms.

    Wow like only sells a couple mounts on the cash shop, and the thousands of other mounts you'll have to earn by playing, like i said the game totally blows.

    Stay away form wow, it's a total trash game, you like actually have to play it, where in ffxiv you can pay to skip all the content, and never be able to ever play it ever, you get your monies worth right there in ffxiv.

    I mean in wow if you boost your toon you'll be sorry cause the end game expects you to play, practice and be good at your class, where not in ffxiv you can be whatever you want cause there is really no difference in the classes, it's all push one button you win.

    So whatever you do, please stay away from wow, you have to play it and yeah who wants to "play" like this is 2021 ffs, wallets got that covered, also there isn't anything in the cash shop you can regulary blow your wallet all over. Whales unit!!! off to FFXIV.

  10. #150
    Asmongold said he's still going to play WOW, just go back and forth whenever there is new content in either.

    That's probably the healthier way to MMO, as opposed to "my tribe good, all other tribes evil"

  11. #151
    Whales are a good thing for a game, especially when the optional items on sale are purely cosmetic.

    Plus if there's major player losses, you're going to see one of two things. Either WoW is killed because it's no longer profitable...or even more optional items flood the game to justify making a profit.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Hey anything removing wallet players (whales) from wow is totally cool with me.

    I'm starting to think i'd better stop preaching the truth, next thing you know people might actually start to think for themselves and wow will turn into an easy bake oven fisher price game too.

    HEY everyone, wow totally sucks please play ffxiv, eso, or bdo they all accept wallets with open arms.

    Wow like only sells a couple mounts on the cash shop, and the thousands of other mounts you'll have to earn by playing, like i said the game totally blows.

    Stay away form wow, it's a total trash game, you like actually have to play it, where in ffxiv you can pay to skip all the content, and never be able to ever play it ever, you get your monies worth right there in ffxiv.

    I mean in wow if you boost your toon you'll be sorry cause the end game expects you to play, practice and be good at your class, where not in ffxiv you can be whatever you want cause there is really no difference in the classes, it's all push one button you win.

    So whatever you do, please stay away from wow, you have to play it and yeah who wants to "play" like this is 2021 ffs, wallets got that covered, also there isn't anything in the cash shop you can regulary blow your wallet all over. Whales unit!!! off to FFXIV.
    Ah ok so you're not interested in facts. No wonder you only have 19 posts. You're salty as fuck about WoW failing that you are trying to say negative things about another game despite WoW doing the EXACT same thing. As for all classes being the same in FFXIV that's not even remotely true and shows you've never played the game and probably haven't even seen a video of gameplay. You're just butthurt that WoW servers are ghost towns now so you're gonna talk shit on a game you know absolutely nothing about.

    In short, you're spewing utterly false comments and really should just shut up.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-07-19 at 06:37 PM.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I legitimatley believe weirdly enough this only prooves influencers actually do have the power to turn the tide of an MMO.
    While I'm sure Asmongold and other streamers have given it a bit of a boost recently, FFXIV has been doing very well long before it, so I don't think you could say that streamers have turned the tide on this game. The developers themselves turned the tide by hiring a new team and listening to all the actual feedback they ignored in the original iteration of the game.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    While I'm sure Asmongold and other streamers have given it a bit of a boost recently, FFXIV has been doing very well long before it, so I don't think you could say that streamers have turned the tide on this game. The developers themselves turned the tide by hiring a new team and listening to all the actual feedback they ignored in the original iteration of the game.
    They haven't and they didn't do it in WoW either. WoW was very successful before they came along and was in decline even with them on board.

    People like to think they made things better as window dressing.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Hey anything removing wallet players (whales) from wow is totally cool with me.

    I'm starting to think i'd better stop preaching the truth, next thing you know people might actually start to think for themselves and wow will turn into an easy bake oven fisher price game too.

    HEY everyone, wow totally sucks please play ffxiv, eso, or bdo they all accept wallets with open arms.

    Wow like only sells a couple mounts on the cash shop, and the thousands of other mounts you'll have to earn by playing, like i said the game totally blows.

    Stay away form wow, it's a total trash game, you like actually have to play it, where in ffxiv you can pay to skip all the content, and never be able to ever play it ever, you get your monies worth right there in ffxiv.

    I mean in wow if you boost your toon you'll be sorry cause the end game expects you to play, practice and be good at your class, where not in ffxiv you can be whatever you want cause there is really no difference in the classes, it's all push one button you win.

    So whatever you do, please stay away from wow, you have to play it and yeah who wants to "play" like this is 2021 ffs, wallets got that covered, also there isn't anything in the cash shop you can regulary blow your wallet all over. Whales unit!!! off to FFXIV.
    My guy, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. I would recommend you stop embarrassing yourself.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    It was kind of a perfect storm for FFXIV. Blizz really shit the bed with 9.1, streamers are ditching wow for FFXIV, and it was monumentally stupid of blizzards lead product manager to tweet trash talk to asmongold. How that guy still has a job blows my mind.
    He didn’t trash talk him. He tweeted “he’s an asshole” on a private tweet of some super woke SJW person and someone who could see it took a screenshot of it and shared it.

    He didn’t actually do anything wrong, Asmon is an asshole, but the guy is 100% a moron for tweeting that given his job and the current climate.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ah ok so you're not interested in facts. No wonder you only have 19 posts. You're salty as fuck about WoW failing that you are trying to say negative things about another game despite WoW doing the EXACT same thing. As for all classes being the same in FFXIV that's not even remotely true and shows you've never played the game and probably haven't even seen a video of gameplay. You're just butthurt that WoW servers are ghost towns now so you're gonna talk shit on a game you know absolutely nothing about.

    In short, you're spewing utterly false comments and really should just shut up.
    But i was trashing wow and telling everyone to play ffxiv why you mad bro? I thought i was being a perfect little lemming

    True story. I'll try and keep it short as possible,

    I played ffxiv at launch, hit a wall with a dungeon and could not progress, even switched to a healer to get in and proceed... gave up no one was grouping up for this dung, literally hit a brick wall, too heavy on rails game.

    Returned and the second i logged in i forgot damn that game stopper, so thought while i get familiar with the ui and whatnot signed up for it, boom instantly got invite sweet now i can progress in the game.

    I've been back what a total of 4 minutes and in a dung, so ok this spell damages, i'll keep hitting that, second boss someone died, other people health is low, including mine, i mean the healer is obv total trash, but we kept on getting through no problem, to where i finally realized i was the total trash healer ffs, like what more can i say? Makes no difference what-so-ever.

  18. #158
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    35,565
    I really don't understand this adversarial stance people have taken over their choice of MMORPG's and what have you - play what you like and let other people do what they want to do. Play both of them if you really want to, dipping in and out whenever the mood takes you. This weird loyalty to brand kind of stuff isn't necessary; brands are not your friend and healthy competition in the same space is good for all products.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    My guy, you literally have no idea what you're talking about. I would recommend you stop embarrassing yourself.
    I get what's going on here, anyone who enters a little reality in to the koolaid, as in, tells the truth, tells it like it is, is met with savage backlash from those frightened we'll bust their little fantasy bubble, like omg i don't want the wind to change, like if another game becomes popular i'll have to go there cause i have to play what others think is most popular.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    This is not that type of situation. FF is just minding its own business and has been working on becoming bigger and better. The FFXIV community too. We've been around a long time and not seeking to be a wow killer. The head dev even stated that this would be a bad thing as WoW inspired him in the early days and the MMO genre would suffer horribly if WoW was gone. It would be to the detriment of all. As well as that the opposite would take the genre and both games further.

    In this situation. Its almost purely just attention from the WoW community and ex wow players. FF being forgotten or not by the outside is irrelevant, because its been doing its own thing either way already and all of this is a result of its intended growth. The Hype will drop down and the community will continue to walk its path.
    But, the funny thing is that poster is one of them. It made a blip he could not ignore and salt poured out.
    FF didn't need this influx to survive. It had been growing on it's own merits.
    This was more WoW's failure than anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •