Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    I too am grateful for his affect on FFXIV.

Assmanbald spreading his stank to FFXIV, and more importantly getting people who like/follow him to play it, makes it VERY easy for me to pass on giving it a shot. That means more money in my pocket, and that's a win.

I will NEVER, EVER, figure out why people like that manbaby.
    I'm glad that this keeps people like you away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    the only reason i think people play this game, is because of the female characters. Most of them in the game (Player characters) have bikinis, slut outfits and almost naked outfits. Is just a bunch of horny dudes, pretending liking a game just because the game sells them cheap "sex" to them.

In terms of gameplay is lame. I dont get it where is the fun in FF14.
    I started playing FF14 because BFA made me hate WOW (as a Night Elf/Forsaken player), my friends were playing FF14, and it had a 2 expansion long free trial.

I found FF14 dreadfully boring and slow 1-60. Stopped playing several times. But getting in the expansions, the story and characters grabbed me, and I would call Shadowbringers a 10/10 story.

Story matters more to me than gameplay, which is why BFA made me quit WOW, and why I play FF14 now.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    I'm glad that this keeps people like you away from the game.
    While the person you quoted was overly assertive, why are you glad? His opinion (in a less descriptive manner) is shared amongst a lot of people.

Jokes aside, the only reason i think people play this game, is because of the female characters. Most of them in the game (Player characters) have bikinis, slut outfits and almost naked outfits. Is just a bunch of horny dudes, pretending liking a game just because the game sells them cheap "sex" to them.
    This is the "only" reason you think people like 14? I mean, sure. There's bikinis and skimpy glams around, undeniably. But this just seems like you've looked up like one or two screenshots of players wearing bikinis and based your entire opinion of the playerbase solely on that, making no effort to think about or develop your take beyond that. If "cheap sex" was all this game was selling its players, would it really have survived this long? If ogling catgirls in swimsuits is what people want, they can surely do better and cheaper than keeping FF14 on their computer.

In terms of gameplay is lame. I dont get it where is the fun in FF14.
    That's fair enough, not everyone will. I tried and quit FF14 a while ago in the past, while I was still heavily entrenched in WoW. I also thought the gameplay didn't do it for me compared to WoW. Even now, having completely quit WoW and gone totally over to 14, I still think WoW wins out from a raw gameplay perspective, and that'll probably keep a lot of people over there, rather than over here. Which is fine. Personally, the fun for me comes from being totally engrossed in the whole story, the characters, and the general aesthetic and music. Not everyone's going to hold stuff like that anywhere close to something like gameplay, and that's fine.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2021-07-21 at 03:54 PM.

Jokes aside, the only reason i think people play this game, is because of the female characters. Most of them in the game (Player characters) have bikinis, slut outfits and almost naked outfits. Is just a bunch of horny dudes, pretending liking a game just because the game sells them cheap "sex" to them.
    I think the slut impression is because the vocal minority of people who post screenshots/fanart to twitter and forums are into slutmogs. Your average player probably doesn't care that much. You don't see people posting screenshots of their male characters that much because why bother? They don't get the attention cute or sexy girls do. Same reason why fanartists primarily draw female characters because when they draw males they're lucky to get half the upvotes/likes/replies. Waifus are what gets upvoted and reposted online.

Dude, that starting "uniform" you get when you play a new character, is a slutmog. I mean this one:

Please, stop with the bullshit that people are the ones to be blamed, when the designers put "that" outfit as the first armor you get in the game. You can see your female character underwear under that skirt. Don't tell me that the devs didn't sexualized this game a lot.
    I don't deny that the sexy outfits exist, I'm just disputing the idea that "the only reason people play this game is because of the female characters". It's a reason for sure, but not the only reason.

The design is too simple. Do these quests, level up with just quests or try the impossible way to grind your way to level 50. The lack of dungeons finder systems, makes this game more slowly + the lack of socialization on it.
    Have you tried pressing the button U while in the game? You will be pleasantly surprised. You need to be level 10 I believe and it only adds dungeons/trials/guildhests that you have unlocked via the story. And that's for the auto-queue like LFD, there is also the option to create your own group via LFM from the social menu. Doing it via the daily random queue though, gives you a lot of XP and helps go to 50 quickly, even though you still have to do the story at least once. Also, don't neglect your job quests, they also guve very good XP and nice gear, too.

I rarely come across a male character. And those big brutes, that i don't know what their race is called, are super rare to find.
    Roegadyn. Yeah, they're uncommon, though the "big, broadshoulered hunk" physique is somewhat popular in NA and EU. A few days ago on the official forums, a census was posted showing that there was a grand total of like 50k male Roe and Hrothgar players, with like 2/3rds of the players of that physique being Hrothgar, which I think goes to show that it's not so much that the physique was unpopular but more that people just didn't think Roes looked that good and just didn't play them until a better looking variant (Hrothgar) came along. Hardly anyone in Japan plays that physique, though.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You consider this a "slutmog"? Holy shit, we have some wildly different ideas on what would constitute "slut" if this is how low you set the bar for it.
    Dude sounds like he just stepped foot off the Mayflower.

Also, once again I have to reiterate that you have to consider what you aren't seeing and why. If you went by the people AFKing in Limsa, you'd think that most people played sexy or cute girls, but consider: the people AFKing Limsa probably want to show off their cute or sexy character, and like looking at other cute or sexy girls. That's why they are AFKing in Limsa, to get attention. Male characters don't get that attention and players who play them aren't as likely to be into the culture of spending hours on twitter scrolling through waifu fanart. As such, those players aren't as likely to AFK in Limsa.

It's like that story about the WW2 plane designers. They received data on where the planes that came back got the most shot up. Most of the designers just thought "we should add more armor to the places where the planes are being shot up the most!". WRONG. They weren't considering the planes that didn't return. The planes that came back were shot up in places where the planes could still function. The planes that didn't come back were shot up in places where they couldn't function. One designer realized this, realized that they need to add more armor to the sections that the returning planes weren't being shot up in, because if those sections got shot up then the plane would crash.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-07-21 at 06:48 PM.

Also include the fact that the only reason people "flooded" this game, is just because of a lame streamer who played this game while at the same time has making fun of it just in front of his fans. For real, why people like Asmongold?, he is a asshole, i barely can stand this guy talking....
    My brain still cannot compute why either.

I've been told "for entertainment" but I just don't see what's entertaining about it? Some have likened it to live TV but even those people had meaning, purpose and some had value. I've never seen any evidence that this person possesses any of those. But... for some reason, people worship this person, reference his comments as if what he says is the way it is. They don't even understand what he's saying but go along with it anyway. I just don't... get it.

What's worse is that there have been people who had action taken against them simply because they've never heard of him or like him. I'll never get over the guy who got banned from the official forums for saying he watched him and didn't like him. Got banned for "trolling." That moderator should be ashamed of themself.

It really makes me question the minds of people in the world. I get it that generations are getting lazier and lazier but to the point where you stop thinking for yourself? I hate to think what my great grandchildren are going to endure.

I'm just glad Scarab Lord was not obtained, despite begging for parts and gold on Twitter. It always saddens me when I see prestigious things obtained by people who do not deserve them.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2021-07-21 at 06:55 PM.

I am a very casual player, I play LFR and mostly solo, Shadowlands has been great with me.

I imagine many others think the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is quickly veering into "Game vs. Game" infighting and unrelated bickering as opposed to discussing the effect of Asmongold streaming FF14. Let's pivot back to the thread's actual topic as opposed to these unrelated debates.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The funny thing about this whole discussion is that a big chunk (comparetively speaking) of the FFXIV playerbase is actually female.
    Seems like all this "sex stuff" seems to attract female gamers more than the "pure MMOs".

It's a fucking troll guys, let it go.

A girl wearing a skirt is a "slut" in his eye, he thinks any skin is haram or whatever

you can discuss this in like 300 different threads, like the mfing FF megathread for example. This has nothing to do with Asmongold.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-21 at 07:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude, that starting "uniform" you get when you play a new character, is a slutmog. I mean this one:

Please, stop with the bullshit that people are the ones to be blamed, when the designers put "that" outfit as the first armor you get in the game. You can see your female character underwear under that skirt. Don't tell me that the devs didn't sexualized this game a lot.
    Dude what the fuck this is a Christian board. I ain't trying to see shoulders

I have no idea. I started to think they watch him just because people are bored. Specially kids or weird adults. The guy is not even funny, I saw that video on Youtube where he was starting to play FF14....The guys was actually making fun of the game all the time, like thinking: "Are you guys for real playing this shit and reading this stupid ass lore?, LOL". I didnt saw him as a guy that would be enjoying the game or reading all the details like a new player normally do, or put attention to his character, etc. He was just doing all the crap randomly. I had to stop watching this dude, because i cant stand it. I hate guys that are such an asshole, even to his fans.
    And yet... people still continue giving him money.

Anyways, people in the world, make guys like this famous. But i really dislike them a lot. At least is not another lady in bikini playing games just to make money on Twitch or other platforms on the internet, while showing her boobs, people are so incel, virgins, weird....etc.
    You mean like his gf/ex-gf Pink Sparkles? The one who got mad because viewers "overly sexualized" her yet she wears the low-cut shirts which are designed to draw attention to that area and not to mention, made a "onlyfans" account?

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I am a very casual player, I play LFR and mostly solo, Shadowlands has been great with me.

I imagine many others think the same.
    Despite the hate it gets, LFR is one of the best things ever added for casual gamers. For periods I played, I wouldn't have if LRF had not existed. Becoming a husband and father, "I can't come help you, I'm gaming" isn't something I say. I can't raid like I used to anymore. While a raid may only take a couple hours, that's a long single time slot in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    the funny thing about this whole discussion is that a big chunk (comparetively speaking) of the FFXIV playerbase is actually female.
    Not sure what Asmongold has to do with this though.
    It wouldn't surprise me if ff14 has the largest amount of female players in terms of % of a games playerbase out of any 'classic' mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if ff14 has the largest amount of female players in terms of % of a games playerbase out of any 'classic' mmo.
    Me neither, it's not like we have a lot to go on in terms of statistics, but considering Yoshi-P - basically the most important guy for this game and the guy who should know - said that it's around 7:3 and close to 5:5 on some korean server where a certain tiktok(?) meme lord is playing.... well.. yeah.

This shows how much streamers influence the playerbase btw.
    Just saying, since some people seem to deny that.
    Not saying Asmongold did it alone, but he sure as hell would/will add a shitton of players to this game if he keeps playing.

What I don't quite get is why Asmongold even left WoW...
    Shadowlands is pretty good in my opinion. Both raids so far have been absolutely amazing and the M+ seasons have been quite fun as well due to how fun the dungeons are in general.
    But I get that it's not much outside of that. I can't enjoy any of the story or leveling due to how bad the leveling-story-telling is.

95% of the game's important story bits are being told outside of the game, that just sucks for an MMO.
    What exactly is he criticizing in general? I'm not sure if he is actually pretty "casual" and "community driven" and he wants to see stuff like housing, cosmetic rewards and open world stuff?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-21 at 07:35 PM.

Don't know why you say wow peaked in wrath