Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Why is it creepy and horrible? Is just a game i feel respects me on every level possible...it sounds too good to be true that is weird...but i feel on every level the respect from the developers.

Legends of Runeterra is that awesome.
    ...Legends of Runeterra is giving you free stuff to entice you to pay money....They don't care about you they want you to spend money.....they are a corporation first second and third. No offense but on a PERSONAL level I would only feel that way about a company if I actually owned it and was drawing a profit, and I mean like OWN it OWN it not oh I own like a few shares of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...Legends of Runeterra is giving you free stuff to entice you to pay money....They don't care about you they want you to spend money.....they are a corporation first second and third. No offense but on a PERSONAL level I would only feel that way about a company if I actually owned it and was drawing a profit, and I mean like OWN it OWN it not oh I own like a few shares of it.
    You dont get it.

Hearthstone is pure abuse. Is just a big trap designed for you to spend money.
    An hearthstone player is spat on the entire ride.

In LoR....i fucking own the entire card game.
    LoR is my bitch.
    Entire card game with thousands of card....that bitch is mine...for FREE.

Forget about it...you need to experience this stuff to understand

stop buying all their products in all forms. no microtransactions, no subs, no token purchases or using tokens for money, nothing at all. get the majority of ppl to do this and they will start to care again real damn quick. till then continue to eat shit burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    the individual employee surely still cares - the company as a whole does not.
    and that was the case since the very begining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't give a shit about Blizzard, they make a product I enjoy and that's the extent of our relationship. They make a product I want and I have money, that's our relationship fuck "care". That's the relationship I have with all organizations and companies, you make something I want and I'll give you money. I don't care about you though, if someone makes something better than you then they'll get my money.
    yeah, pretty much

Are they supposed to care when on the one hand you've got people whining that they have the temerity to actually make you pick up a quest from a quest giver, and on the other you've got people going on about how great a version of the game is where you can't even cast certain spells without reagents (or arrows) in your bags.

Who are they supposed to listen to? Or do you not care, but just want to complain?

10+ Year Old Account
    They care about money. So yes, they do care about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    When they made WQs arguably harder and more tedious. WQs requiring multiple steps or just outright being vague where you have to look up wowhead what to do.
    When callings aren't automatically picked up. Forcing you to fly towards your covenant to first pick them up then fly back to whatever zone needs it.
    When AP, not Artifact power, not Azerite but Anima goes into your inventory instead of being a passive resource. Forcing you to go back once in a while to clear your bag space.

When Steve Danuser simply can not answer the latest question of Red Shirt guy on terms of Necromancy, telling him and us he's going to think about implemented, established lore in the future.
    This guy single handidly destroyed so much lore and retcon a bunch of shit to the point people just got disinterested in the game as a whole.
    Please tell me if we cut Draka, Kael'thas, Vash and other Azeroth characters, would the covenants even give you a feeling of an afterlife or another planet?

When feedback from your carefully selected circlejerk on your self created hugbox on Twitter matters more than any valid feedback or criticism; no negativity in the dojo!
    No but for real, they basically told themselves that the story being so disliked is a reaction of the playerbase going through deep emotions instead of thinking that the majority thinks it is garbage.

So they implement all these created time wastes onto things from the last expansion, zones have gotten smaller and more cranked. We can not fly between zones, the maw and the capital.
    Blizzard and their devs continue to ignore the playerbase because their positive surroundings on Twitter matter more.

I find it really disrespectful on top that we have to swallow a load of political virtueing on Twitter to see some talk about the game from the devs at all. They need way, way better communication.
    To a degree, yeah, they have to. If they do not care just a little, they fail their main goal, to please the investors. That is the truth. Though ​the majority of the investors are most likely a little loose on action still, and the past year or so due to the pandemic. They hold a short understanding that things cannot continue as fast as planned, but as long as it goes forward and the MAUs are acceptable, then the investment is safe. The downside is that Blizzard is sharing the pool with the rest of Activision-Blizzard's MAUs and thus, difficult to see the specific numbers for each project
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No. They do care about what's in my wallet though

They do care, but they cant care about persons individually, but as a whole group.

Its the same as the players that say they dont listen to feedback because they didnt listen to that persons feedback. Its just not how it works.

This parasocial weirdness helps me understand exactly why people talk about blizz games like a naive hooker with a pimp that done them wrong. And then go running off to the work of another multinational corporation to say that "they treat me good like blizzard never did"

Y'all getting weird now.

No, and they never did. Blizzard is a corporation it can't love you or hate you. The people in it want your money though.

And since you bring up the story, evidently enough people inside do because the money men decided to give Afrasiabi many, many millions of dollars to make 4 Saurfang cinematics rather than throwing that money into research on why the upcoming third iteration of Legion might land poorly gameplay wise. Or into a furnace, given the return of investment would be 0 either way. So it's not that they don't care, it's that they're inept and are wasting even the money that they don't give to their executives and shareholders for nonsense. See also the man hours put into keeping Covenants exclusive and ironing out renown and catch-up which you could turn into 4 reps and quadruple the amount of quest content and transmog options available to every player while relegating the soulbind bs to either a side system somewhere or the bin.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard cares about your wallet and all the money in it. Nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    comparing Retail vs Classic as it stands right now its two entirely different games that also should be played differently.

Retail = unlimited content, great for "solo" playing and picking whenever you have some time to play or also possible to play 24/7 without running out of content to do which makes it OVERWHELMING

Classic = sense of accomplishment is much greater, sense of playing an actual mmorpg since you are kinda forced to interact with others during all kinds of activity and raiding feels like a lesser step to take and feels way less grindy then on retail, i do prefer retail PvP tho.

My dreams for 10.0 WoW 4.0 is less limited content, more love to older content so it doesnt get obsolete, we have systems like party sync and timewalking in place make full use of it and we also need CRAFTING and TIER SETS back into the game since it gives class identity and is a clear goal to achieve from raiding and all kind of random systems slot machine systems in the trash can... look at what made legion a great success it was actually that we had class identity back.

10+ Year Old Account
    They flat out stated reason they don't share sub numbers is because they care only about profit, and profit source isn't just sub anymore
    They abusing our addiction habits to suck as much money as possible from us using cash shop, heck Kodick even flat out said that gamers has too much money they need to get rid off (or something similar, yes he said the infamous line that an idiot and his money need to be separated), that's his idea about us gamers since pre-2009, idiots who have money that he needs to scam them out of it
    So no surprise with time Kodick influence shadows over everything, and honestly i think MMO-Champ and wowhead as biggest blizzard fan websites need to publish all Bobby Kodick terrific old interviews so every customer to blizzard knows how well he think of us gamers and about video game industry, and i question who will still say after see how much Kodick hates vide games with passion and how low disrespectful he thinks of us who play video games
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    the individual employee surely still cares - the company as a whole does not.

the general idea is not "lets make the greatest game we can" anymore but "lets find ways to increase profits"
    and thats done by lowering costs (efforts) step by step until there is serious backlash. (and even then barely going 1 step backwards and pointing out "we care & we listen)
    That’s because employees are sentient humans and Blizzard is a non-sentient corporation. Corporations don’t have feelings, so Blizzard could *never* have cared about anything.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Given the amount of communication that Blizzard has recently had with its player base, I think they may need convincing that the player base exists. I'm pretty sure they think peoples toons have become sentient and are quite happy living in their little vacuum.

They do care about the player, not the individual but the number of players engaging in their crappy treadmills.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I think they haven't in years.

Do you not remember how they refuse to acknowledge things are going badly with an expansion until they announce the next and promise they learned lessons?
    Then they go and do it again. XD

Reminds me of the Sonic cycle. It should be renamed the WoW cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Blizz hasn't cared about the player for many expansions now.

When Blizz determined that they had a full cash cow (sometime during Wrath), the player became nothing more than a wallet to be pillaged with as little effort as possible.

Everything that has followed as been less and less effort. Whether you liked something since Wrath or not is irrelevant, Blizz spent less and less on it. Each expansion should have offered even more than its predecessor because it takes less effort to build as they gain more experience. Instead, we see the opposite, bottoming out with WoD, with a mild resurgence in Legion to reestablish a reasonable base, followed by simply copying Legion over and over again to maintain what little player base they can at extremely low costs.

You like 4 difficulty levels of raids? It doesn't actually matter to Blizz...it costs them a fraction to deliver 3 or 4 raids with a difficulty slider than 8 or 10 raids with different content.

You like M+? It doesn't actually matter to Blizz...it costs them a fraction to tweak affixes on 8 or so dungeons than creating and maintaining 16 dungeons.

You like the table? It doesn't actually matter to Blizz...it costs them a tiny fraction to add non-graphical table quests that are nothing more than time-gated garbage.

You like all the mounts? It doesn't actually matter to Blizz...it costs a fraction to keep reskinning mounts and give them away than to develop unique mounts with content that surrounds them.

You like Allied Races? It doesn't actually matter to Blizz...it costs a fraction to reskin a race and give them a 5 or so quest opening before starting in a capital city than to develop an entire starting area with 10+ levels of content.

You like AP (3rd expansion to use that term now)? It doesn't actually matter to Blizz...it costs a fraction to make rewards of a handful of currencies than to develop actual drops / rewards.

It has been consistently about cutting costs since Wrath. If you don't understand that by now, you are remaining willfully ignorant of the reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are some of the most overly dramatic responses I've seen yet on this website. I suppose that's what happens when you put 100% of yourself into a video game.