Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do you really think Blizzard still cares about you; the player?

When they made WQs arguably harder and more tedious. WQs requiring multiple steps or just outright being vague where you have to look up wowhead what to do.
    When callings aren't automatically picked up. Forcing you to fly towards your covenant to first pick them up then fly back to whatever zone needs it.
    When AP, not Artifact power, not Azerite but Anima goes into your inventory instead of being a passive resource. Forcing you to go back once in a while to clear your bag space.

When Steve Danuser simply can not answer the latest question of Red Shirt guy on terms of Necromancy, telling him and us he's going to think about implemented, established lore in the future.
    This guy single handidly destroyed so much lore and retcon a bunch of shit to the point people just got disinterested in the game as a whole.
    Please tell me if we cut Draka, Kael'thas, Vash and other Azeroth characters, would the covenants even give you a feeling of an afterlife or another planet?

When feedback from your carefully selected circlejerk on your self created hugbox on Twitter matters more than any valid feedback or criticism; no negativity in the dojo!
    No but for real, they basically told themselves that the story being so disliked is a reaction of the playerbase going through deep emotions instead of thinking that the majority thinks it is garbage.

So they implement all these created time wastes onto things from the last expansion, zones have gotten smaller and more cranked. We can not fly between zones, the maw and the capital.
    Blizzard and their devs continue to ignore the playerbase because their positive surroundings on Twitter matter more.

I find it really disrespectful on top that we have to swallow a load of political virtueing on Twitter to see some talk about the game from the devs at all. They need way, way better communication.

I cant login on Hearthstone anymore because i felt used...abused...disrespected...made fun of...spat on...peed on by Blizzard.

In WoW...meh...is not that bad i guess but still....you will see me get mad on every major "disrespectful" timegates like the corruption vendor rotation thing in BfA.
    Saddest part? MMO champion defended this disrespectful timegate OR didnt care at all and saw it as normal stuff.

I get the impression the modern WoW devs don't even consider the players "customers" anymore but "consumers" to be herded at best and at worst antagonists they have to think up ways to trick.

Implying that anyone sane would look for the love and affection of a multi-billionaire corporation.

Look for the love and affection of actual people irl, not "Blizzard".

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Implying that anyone sane would look for the love and affection of a multi-billionaire corporation.

Look for the love and affection of actual people irl, not "Blizzard".
    To this day i still feel the love and the warm embrace of Legends of Runeterra (Riot's card game)...and im still weirded out by it.
    And when i start accepting the love...they surprise me with even more free stuff...and i feel weirded out again.

My ex was Hearthstone...so i guess i have PTSD from that Blizzard game...

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    When they made WQs arguably harder and more tedious. WQs requiring multiple steps or just outright being vague where you have to look up wowhead what to do.
    When callings aren't automatically picked up. Forcing you to fly towards your covenant to first pick them up then fly back to whatever zone needs it.
    When AP, not Artifact power, not Azerite but Anima goes into your inventory instead of being a passive resource. Forcing you to go back once in a while to clear your bag space.

When Steve Danuser simply can not answer the latest question of Red Shirt guy on terms of Necromancy, telling him and us he's going to think about implemented, established lore in the future.
    This guy single handidly destroyed so much lore and retcon a bunch of shit to the point people just got disinterested in the game as a whole.
    Please tell me if we cut Draka, Kael'thas, Vash and other Azeroth characters, would the covenants even give you a feeling of an afterlife or another planet?

When feedback from your carefully selected circlejerk on your self created hugbox on Twitter matters more than any valid feedback or criticism; no negativity in the dojo!
    No but for real, they basically told themselves that the story being so disliked is a reaction of the playerbase going through deep emotions instead of thinking that the majority thinks it is garbage.

So they implement all these created time wastes onto things from the last expansion, zones have gotten smaller and more cranked. We can not fly between zones, the maw and the capital.
    Blizzard and their devs continue to ignore the playerbase because their positive surroundings on Twitter matter more.

I find it really disrespectful on top that we have to swallow a load of political virtueing on Twitter to see some talk about the game from the devs at all. They need way, way better communication.
    They care about the metrics - what else? If you were Bobby - you would also care about the metrics, while cutting down any expense(the good CEO is cutting down everything, while keeping the metrics checked - like how much can you dive below, before it get's uncomfortable - that would be the magic marker).

That's how buisness works.

You want personalized gaming experience, where you felt cared - you go small indie(until they also go big).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-07-19 at 11:25 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because that's how capitalism works.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

the individual employee surely still cares - the company as a whole does not.

the general idea is not "lets make the greatest game we can" anymore but "lets find ways to increase profits"
    and thats done by lowering costs (efforts) step by step until there is serious backlash. (and even then barely going 1 step backwards and pointing out "we care & we listen)

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    at worst antagonists they have to think up ways to trick.
    Definitely feels like a battle of wits and will between players wanting to unsubscribe and Blizzard trying to figure out the least effort required to keep them onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    To this day i still feel the love and the warm embrace of Legends of Runeterra (Riot's card game)...and im still weirded out by it.
    And when i start accepting the love...they surprise me with even more free stuff...and i feel weirded out again.

My ex was Hearthstone...so i guess i have PTSD from that Blizzard game...
    That is creepy and horrible on many many levels....

on the other hand Blizzard is a software company that wants my money. They make a game and if I found it interesting I traded away money for said game. I see this with every company ever and that's the nature of our relationship. If said company is doing something fucked up like...oh I don't know actually using concentration camps for labor, running a coup in a country to gain access to a mine, or specifically do cruel and unusual experiments on living things then I'll try my best to avoid them...but otherwise its capitalism being capitalism.

They most certainly care about the player

's money

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly since they decided to kill off Demonology for the sake of Demon Hunters. I think there are other similar cases before and since.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    No but for real
    Heavens no lol

But I don't care.

I don't give a shit about Blizzard, they make a product I enjoy and that's the extent of our relationship. They make a product I want and I have money, that's our relationship fuck "care". That's the relationship I have with all organizations and companies, you make something I want and I'll give you money. I don't care about you though, if someone makes something better than you then they'll get my money.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2021-07-19 at 11:47 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I think the GMs that answer tickets care.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think the GMs that answer tickets care.
    As someone who has worked customer service before in a few places..
    We put on a customer service face, answer your question, and then make fun of you in a Dale Gribble voice.

Pretty sure they don't care, but then again.. i don't mind.
    As long as i enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not particularly since they decided to kill off Demonology for the sake of Demon Hunters. I think there are other similar cases before and since.
    I'll never not be a little salty they took away death knights ability to raise themselves and others as a playable ghoul. Fun isn't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    That is creepy and horrible on many many levels....

on the other hand Blizzard is a software company that wants my money. They make a game and if I found it interesting I traded away money for said game. I see this with every company ever and that's the nature of our relationship. If said company is doing something fucked up like...oh I don't know actually using concentration camps for labor, running a coup in a country to gain access to a mine, or specifically do cruel and unusual experiments on living things then I'll try my best to avoid them...but otherwise its capitalism being capitalism.
    Why is it creepy and horrible? Is just a game i feel respects me on every level possible...it sounds too good to be true that is weird...but i feel on every level the respect from the developers.

Legends of Runeterra is that awesome.

There was a time when I felt valued, nowadays I feel like I am their enemy.