Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Have fun playing an inferior card game just because it's free.
    Dude, explain how Hearthstone is more complex than LoR paha
    Try to, im all ears (>_<) haha
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-07-22 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The collective delusion of this forum to think a corporation would intentionally make a less enjoyable product is baffling.

It's to their advantage to make the best game they can. When a community complains about the same things their competitors are praised for doing is when you know people are just complaining because they're addicts.
    This needs to be quoted so the salty addicts get to see it more. Good product = money. Sure not everyone is going to like everything, but to claim they specifically make design decisions to make you suffer... Holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

And some day devs will stop caring about their good reputation and start being cynical - they will start milking money from their game via all possible means.
    Yes and the best mean to make money for blizzard is to create good game. Crazy how a concept this simple completely eludes you, but I guess too much salt in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This needs to be quoted so the salty addicts get to see it more. Good product = money. Sure not everyone is going to like everything, but to claim they specifically make design decisions to make you suffer... Holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and the best mean to make money for blizzard is to create good game. Crazy how a concept this simple completely eludes you, but I guess too much salt in your eyes.

I obviously agree they don't intentionally make a "bad game" because that's silly. But the idea that the best way to be successful as a product is to have the best product is very naïve, especially in the modern world. They are often related but far from always.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

since 2008 it's been minimum effort maximum profit.
    They do not intentionally fuck up, it's just more noticeable these days that the entire game is designed around retention.
    Not the worst culprit out there.

i think its complicated. some might sstill care, but theya re forced to design around upper managemnet decsions, as well as being stuck in a design that didnt have long term in mind, all whiile also making the wrong design choices. So its a combination of incomptence, misfortune, and corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think you are missing my point and just posted to write some insults. It is also obvious that you are a very new player probably your second or third expansion, so please spare us your opinion about what wow was. Had you really played wow since 2004, you wouldn't be content with this.
    You obviously have no clue what has been put in the game over the last 17 years. Before legion there was 0 world content. A bit of questing and farming for gold. A handful of heroics for a couple pieces.

Delusional posters are the best, now combine that with the old rose tinted glasses and shit gets wild. Its more like you were 12 and thought killing fucking boars for 7 hours a day was "content".

Not in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Dude, explain how Hearthstone is more complex than LoR paha
    Try to, im all ears (>_<) haha
    Runeterra is complex for the sake of being complex. Hearthstone is simple and has good art, standard/rotation format, battlegrounds, etc.

This is such an old and tired topic. And no, of course they don’t care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    The collective delusion of this forum to think a corporation would intentionally make a less enjoyable product is baffling.

It's to their advantage to make the best game they can. When a community complains about the same things their competitors are praised for doing is when you know people are just complaining because they're addicts.
    They kind of remind me of the people who actually believe that the devs are trying to sabotage wow so they can make wow2 or some other game. I mean seriously how much sense does that make? Employees who willingly sabotage a product they're paid to work on are going to get fired, and whoever else they interview for is going to find out what happened one way or another. Who's going to hire them then? They're a potential risk to any other company they apply to.

To me, it reeks of people (read:children) who have no concept of consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You obviously have no clue what has been put in the game over the last 17 years. Before legion there was 0 world content. A bit of questing and farming for gold. A handful of heroics for a couple pieces.

Delusional posters are the best, now combine that with the old rose tinted glasses and shit gets wild. Its more like you were 12 and thought killing fucking boars for 7 hours a day was "content".
    Now that it’s about killing dead boars for the sake of getting a +1% talent on the fourth distinct tree of talents it’s different?

The problem here is they’re tied up in trying to keep the game fresh with reskinning and layering the same systems, while trying to ride the nostalgia wave by giving us the same old, often dead, characters and stories.

Also, there was world content prior to WoD, they just invested everything in Garrisons there so tied everything into them. Legion and BfA’s expansion on world content was a reaction to complaints of Garrisons killing the world.

Then they have the same solution to ‘how to encourage people into doing this content? How about a new talent system?’
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-07-22 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't even care about their own workforce so no.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

KEKW, what a big kek Do you live in a dream world?
    LoR is much more technical and big brain than hearthstone in every way.

Hearthstone gameplay is LITERALLY for small kids who cant even speak and just press buttons randomly on the screen.

Hearthstone with interesting decks....thanks for the laugh
    Every deck is the same. Meta gets stale.

Hearthstone, meanwhile, has had a great variety of decks - no deck warlock, full hand warlock, discard warlock, zoo warlock. That's just one class. Runeterra, for example, had only zoo warlock type of deck. Primitive game, deal with it.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Every deck is the same. Meta gets stale.

Hearthstone, meanwhile, has had a great variety of decks - no deck warlock, full hand warlock, discard warlock, zoo warlock. That's just one class. Runeterra, for example, had only zoo warlock type of deck. Primitive game, deal with it.
    Thats just wrong bro (^_^)

I have no intent in going to war with Hearthstone players, because i am 100% happy with LoR :3
    I swear since i left and started playing it i NEVER played HS again...there is just no reason to do it

Art? Gameplay? Monetization? Story? Everything in LoR is better.

I do subscrive to several HS youtubers just to watch them suffer and die inside everyday. Is just too funny for me watching this people suffer ROFLMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    When they made WQs arguably harder and more tedious. WQs requiring multiple steps or just outright being vague where you have to look up wowhead what to do.
    When callings aren't automatically picked up. Forcing you to fly towards your covenant to first pick them up then fly back to whatever zone needs it.
    When AP, not Artifact power, not Azerite but Anima goes into your inventory instead of being a passive resource. Forcing you to go back once in a while to clear your bag space.
    I laughed out loud, literally, when I read this part because all I can guess is that perhaps you started playing WoW around WotlK? Because what you describe here as being the way you could tell Blizzard no longer cares about the players would've been considered business as usual in vanilla. There was very little in terms of pointing you in the right direction for many quests, many took you miles and miles away from where you originally got the quest, and lot of things were tedious and counterintuitive. Practically everything required a reagent of some sort, so many frickin reagents. Heck, being a rogue basically required you get a secondary profession to make poisons. I'm not saying Blizzard cares for their customers more or less now, I'm saying that just like any business they care about your money and figuring ways to keep you buying their product over and over again, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Again. There are two ways to make profit and just one way to make good game. You should understand, that it's easier for game dev to cut development costs. Because it's path of the least resistance. It decreases "logistic" losses. You can just sit on your a$$ and get exactly the same money. I guess, Blizzard decided, that "law of efficiency diminishing" works here. I.e. no matter, how good their game will be - they won't get more players. Only more development cost losses.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Thats just wrong bro (^_^)

I have no intent in going to war with Hearthstone players, because i am 100% happy with LoR :3
    I swear since i left and started playing it i NEVER played HS again...there is just no reason to do it

Art? Gameplay? Monetization? Story? Everything in LoR is better.

I do subscrive to several HS youtubers just to watch them suffer and die inside everyday. Is just too funny for me watching this people suffer ROFLMAO.
    Art? Where golden cards do what? Nothing? Just get out of your bubble - HS is the better game. And stop assuming - I'm not a Hearthstone player, it's too expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    When they made WQs arguably harder and more tedious. WQs requiring multiple steps or just outright being vague where you have to look up wowhead what to do.
    When callings aren't automatically picked up. Forcing you to fly towards your covenant to first pick them up then fly back to whatever zone needs it.
    When AP, not Artifact power, not Azerite but Anima goes into your inventory instead of being a passive resource. Forcing you to go back once in a while to clear your bag space.

When Steve Danuser simply can not answer the latest question of Red Shirt guy on terms of Necromancy, telling him and us he's going to think about implemented, established lore in the future.
    This guy single handidly destroyed so much lore and retcon a bunch of shit to the point people just got disinterested in the game as a whole.
    Please tell me if we cut Draka, Kael'thas, Vash and other Azeroth characters, would the covenants even give you a feeling of an afterlife or another planet?

When feedback from your carefully selected circlejerk on your self created hugbox on Twitter matters more than any valid feedback or criticism; no negativity in the dojo!
    No but for real, they basically told themselves that the story being so disliked is a reaction of the playerbase going through deep emotions instead of thinking that the majority thinks it is garbage.

So they implement all these created time wastes onto things from the last expansion, zones have gotten smaller and more cranked. We can not fly between zones, the maw and the capital.
    Blizzard and their devs continue to ignore the playerbase because their positive surroundings on Twitter matter more.

I find it really disrespectful on top that we have to swallow a load of political virtueing on Twitter to see some talk about the game from the devs at all. They need way, way better communication.
    why is it that when chris metzen left the game company that the game got really bad? its worse now than when chris was working for them. when chris was working for them the game was better my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

for a long time blizzard hated the players.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Art? Where golden cards do what? Nothing? Just get out of your bubble - HS is the better game. And stop assuming - I'm not a Hearthstone player, it's too expensive for me.
    Game with massive predatory microtransactions is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Game with massive predatory microtransactions is so much better.
    Discussion was "what's better", not "what's cheaper".... Oh hey Subaru BRZ is so much better (direct quote by you) than Porsche 911 GT2 RS, because it costs only 10% of the 911. Not how it fucking works.