Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sylvanas Encounter Doesn't End at 50%, Echo's Platform Strategy Hotfixed

Sylvanas Encounter Doesn't End at 50%
    Echo have brought Sylvanas down to 49.57% health, confirming that the encounter does not end at 50% health.

According to a hotfix implemented on July 6, it looks like the fight is supposed to end at 45% on Mythic difficulty: Sylvanas
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Sylvanas

Effect #1 - TriggerSpellOnHealthBelowPct (1)
    • Value: 50
    • Value: 45 (Mythic Raid)

Echo's Platform Strategy Hotfixed
    After coming up with a plan to push for more damage on Sylvanas, Echo's new platform strategy was quickly hotfixed.

In their new strategy, Naowh would go alone on the left platform in the last bridge split and survive tanking the Mawforged Colossus until Jaina teleported everyone to Oribos. This would let the rest 19 players save all their cooldowns for Sylvanas, instead of wasting them on adds.

After about an hour of using this strategy, Blizzard pushed a hotfix that makes the Mawforged Colossus get the Berserk buff after ~45 seconds. In the video below Naowh gets 1-shotted, and since there is no one else nearby, the Mawforged Colossus casts Hymn of the End and quickly wipes the raid.

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-07-19 at 07:29 PM.

I haven't been following anything but if it was datamined that:

Value: 50
    Value: 45 (Mythic Raid)

Why are they surprised that the fight kept going?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post

Might’ve been datamined but they didn’t know about it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Might’ve been datamined but they didn’t know about it
    I'm fairly sure on the stream after the wipe that they knew it had been datamined, but were not sure. Regardless, knowing that the target is 45% doesn't really matter when the best attempts are like 49.5~% before hitting the wipe mechanic atm.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post

Datamined changes aren't always accurate and aren't always implemented. People had an idea that it might end at 45% earlier this week, but once Echo got her below 50% it was obvious that it was implemented. No one is even 100% sure it is 45% but any lower value like 0 would be outlandish

That's got to be brutal, you think you got WF!!!!

/record scratch moment

You don't and everyone just dies.

I could feel their pain.

Once again confirming that the game is a paid beta nowadays.

Do they even test these fights? Either way, they certainly love to arbitrarily change them if they feel that players aren't playing the game their way.

If they keep doing this, they can't act surprised if they end up killing the entire 'world first race' (and the hype associated).

Secret phase confirmed at 45% and its a lead into the new Warcraft 2 movie. pog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesimpsonsman View Post
    Secret phase confirmed at 45% and its a lead into the new Warcraft 2 movie. pog
    Abort abort!

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Since when does MMO comment on these things? That's a first...

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post

Do they even test these fights? Either way, they certainly love to arbitrarily change them if they feel that players aren't playing the game their way.

If they keep doing this, they can't act surprised if they end up killing the entire 'world first race' (and the hype associated).
    That's literally all patches for all games. Game doesn't work as intended, patch it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

lol'ed so hard ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara View Post
    Datamined changes aren't always accurate and aren't always implemented. People had an idea that it might end at 45% earlier this week, but once Echo got her below 50% it was obvious that it was implemented. No one is even 100% sure it is 45% but any lower value like 0 would be outlandish
    I honestly hope it's 10% and not 5%.
    That would make next week interesting and not just giving the win to limit due to time difference.

I'm sorry, but why are they "hotfixing" strategies before the fight's even been cleared? Was this encounter not tested properly? Why are they so desperate to actively prevent people from clearing it?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I honestly hope it's 10% and not 5%.
    That would make next week interesting and not just giving the win to limit due to time difference.
    Echo already did 46% pull, if it's hits reset, vault+HC reclear with shards + max ilvl lego + valor + renown will just give Limit the win, obviously excellent performance still required, but DPS gain will be easy enough to have way bigger margin of error than the current one where it literally has to be 99% perfect plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I'm sorry, but why are they "hotfixing" strategies before the fight's even been cleared? Was this encounter not tested properly? Why are they so desperate to actively prevent people from clearing it?
    You must be new to WF races. It's a tale as old as the game itself, friend.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

OMG that was so bloody funny to watch - hahahahah. good stuff.

Had plenty of 0% wipes in my time - 0.1% and even a 0.0% (most likely a display error). But this is really another level of pain.

Ahh I remember the good times when a guild got banned in Wrath for using Saronite Bombs during the Lich King fight to bypass mechanics.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account

Yes they do test these fights... the boss dying at 45% and not 50% is not a bug... its intentional my dude...

also completly exploiting the ENTIRE mythic mechanic, allowing you to ignore it is not "not playing the game their way" its cheesing and exploiting an encounter.

also you say this, yet the world first race has been massive hype for MANY expansions now, and yet they do this every single raid, if people find a way to cheese a mythic fight, they fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    1. because blizzard are not world first raiders, they cant always find things that raiders can
    2. they do this all the time, its part of the race
    3. having the final boss die to a cheese would be dumb, and we almost had that with nzoth which lead to blizz having to /reset all nzoth pulls to stop a world first kill on a bugged version of the boss, because i think it was limit, who cheesed the boss and broke the encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content