Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard should start merging servers to fix this. It's completely unplayable right now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nope, everyone left. And there were people who insisted in playing Classic forever, where are those guys? I guess they finally accepted the truth and are playing the much superior Vanilla version of WoW: TBC.

They should definitely do "fresh" servers for Classic. That'd draw a fair crowd I'm sure.

Now that the novelty of a legit Vanilla server has worn off, people have moved to a greener, objectively better pastures (TBC) and all that's left is that streaming pile of burning shit known as Vanilla. Vanilla was trash, deal with it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You missed the boat. Its over.
    Essentially this by the way. You missed the best fresh experience WoW has ever had in 16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Nope, everyone left. And there were people who insisted in playing Classic forever, where are those guys? I guess they finally accepted the truth and are playing the much superior Vanilla version of WoW: TBC.
    Where are they? Waiting on a fresh server

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The release of TBC showed that Blizzard Cant/wont develop Vanilla hence there is no reason to play it. Maybe its for the better.
    Was you dropped on your head as a kid? Vanilla is devolved to it's max. There is no new content coming out, no new raids, there's nothing. They could merge the servers together to provide a better player base for the base of the community so they can enjoy the content though. But that's not 'development' in any sort. It is what it is and will remain in that state indefinitely.

This is what happens when any new expansion comes out. Let me guess, there's a BFA community in Shadowlands that didn't buy Shadowlands and they're playing everything the game has to offer without purchasing it. Didn't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Classic is dead, I'm not surprised in the slightest. It is over, it's done, it served its purpose. It got stale after they ran out of "fresh" content, in the meantime 9.1 dropped on retail and TBC dropped in the Classic area.

I would be enormously surprised if there are still enough people to fill a 40-men raid in Classic, just because it looks like the worst alternative possible to play it right now. A game bound to die because it will never be updated again, when everyone else is somewhere else, what would be the point to even log in? I wouldn't do it if I got paid for it. I had a blast with Classic, getting to 60 was awesome, but if someone thought its playerbase would stick around forever, it's time to get disillusioned.

I played classic vanilla, I enjoyed classic vanilla, but it would take a hell of a lot more than fresh servers to make me go do it all again.
    Last edited by last1214; 2021-07-20 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You missed the boat. Its over.
    doubt it lol,even if they dont do fresh servers(its likely they will as the survey shows),but im sure there are plenty of people fine with playing on p6 forever,plenty of private servers proved that,and you only rly need about 1k players to have a healthy server

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Was you dropped on your head as a kid? Vanilla is devolved to it's max. There is no new content coming out, no new raids, there's nothing.
    Lets be clear, thats by choice. There is a successful business model to follow, Blizzard is simply choosing not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Essentially this by the way. You missed the best fresh experience WoW has ever had in 16 years.
    Debatable. And nothing about it was fresh it was just reused. Like comparing a factory new car to a certified pre-owned.

classic era realms are dead. i think there was like less than 50 people on the one my main was on the last time i logged in and /who'd

...the funny part is people begged for official Vanilla Blizzard server's and here we are...

All official classic realms are dead. There is an "unofficial" one launching July 30th, if you're into that sort of thing.

The whole "vanilla private server" appeal was only a thing because of constantly refreshing servers. The content runs dry very quickly. Without restarts, people move on. TBC is going to be the same. Then Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The release of TBC showed that Blizzard Cant/wont develop Vanilla hence there is no reason to play it. Maybe its for the better.
    They did develop for it. It's called burning crusade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Blizzard should start merging servers to fix this. It's completely unplayable right now.
    They literally did.

I personally think they should give TBC some time to breathe but they should at some point within the next 6 months to a year release brand new classic servers. Coming from the private servers, it was really common when a new server came out, people would quickly migrate over and the old servers would end up becoming like a ghost town. I think the same effect is happening with TBC.

That being said I think TBC doesn't have quite the shelf life that classic did, strictly my opinion though, so I wouldn't be surprised if fresh classic servers ended up growing quite popular again. I wouldn't be opposed to something where they made the encounters more challenging, tried to balance out the classes better, as well as other changes that could make the game more challenging and interesting.

I think people start to go back to P6 once they reach the point where they started to dislike wow.
    Just check on it about once a year.

Honestly they need to just bite the bullet and do merges and force people to rename.

Because while the Connected Realms thing is *basically* the same thing, that it isnt is a full server in the server selection. That has a lot of impact. When you see that server is busy, it matters. Its a perception thing.

There are enough people that will play Vanilla Classic to support 3-4 full servers, i’d think. Hell, if i weren’t sworn off MMOs entirely (due to wanting to get through my single player backlog), i’d be game for keeping my Classic character and playing TBC (id be much more interested in TBC but id still kick around V. Classic from time to time).

Same with TBC Classic eventually - itll die down to 3-4 servers worth of people. Which is fine.

What is not fine is the “Connected Realm” thing. Not because its bad - like the above poster pointed out, its basically the same - but the mental fog of logging in and seeing “low low low low low low” on a ton of servers is a turn off and will cause some people to think “game is dead” and then quit. So they need to trim it down and have fewer, more populated servers visible.

Classic doesnt have to have 40 servers going of each type to be a success. If its ~30,000 players per Classic type, thats plenty successful.