Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is a new raid on retail, and a new expansion in Classic -- of course Classic is going to be dead. It's also summer, when historically, player counts have always been low.

My word, people.

If private servers are any indication, Classic will pick back up again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Honestly they need to just bite the bullet and do merges and force people to rename.

Because while the Connected Realms thing is *basically* the same thing, that it isnt is a full server in the server selection. That has a lot of impact. When you see that server is busy, it matters. Its a perception thing.

There are enough people that will play Vanilla Classic to support 3-4 full servers, i’d think. Hell, if i weren’t sworn off MMOs entirely (due to wanting to get through my single player backlog), i’d be game for keeping my Classic character and playing TBC (id be much more interested in TBC but id still kick around V. Classic from time to time).

Same with TBC Classic eventually - itll die down to 3-4 servers worth of people. Which is fine.

What is not fine is the “Connected Realm” thing. Not because its bad - like the above poster pointed out, its basically the same - but the mental fog of logging in and seeing “low low low low low low” on a ton of servers is a turn off and will cause some people to think “game is dead” and then quit. So they need to trim it down and have fewer, more populated servers visible.

Classic doesnt have to have 40 servers going of each type to be a success. If its ~30,000 players per Classic type, thats plenty successful.
    Connected realms also modifies the realm population state. If 10 low pop realms connect, they will all say "Medium" (or whatever the pop really is), after the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Connected realms also modifies the realm population state. If 10 low pop realms connect, they will all say "Medium" (or whatever the pop really is), after the connection.
    Interesting,

Itd still be better if they just slimmed the servers down. Its a mental thing. People would rather play on 5 full servers than 10 medium ones.

Interesting,

Itd still be better if they just slimmed the servers down. Its a mental thing. People would rather play on 5 full servers than 10 medium ones.

Well, what this means, is Blizzard needs to do a better job explaining how connected realms work. This isn't the early 2000's anymore. Realm merges are so yesterday. I think the loss from people who lose their favorite names or guild names would hemorrhage more.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well, what this means, is Blizzard needs to do a better job explaining how connected realms work. This isn't the early 2000's anymore. Realm merges are so yesterday. I think the loss from people who lose their favorite names or guild names would hemorrhage more.
    There simply arent that many duplicate names. Several hundred people, tops, more likely less than 200. Youre going to lose a lot more from people looking at the realm list and going “game is dead, not going to bother”.

And you can explain until you turn blue in the face, it wont work. That isnt how peoples brains work.

And where are you going to put this explanation? A forum? Less than 20% of the accounts have ever logged into the forums. Sub 10% ever post a single post. Below 5% post more regularly than once every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    They did develop for it. It's called burning crusade.

- - - Updated - - -

They literally did.
    no they dident develop classic vanilla they just put on the first step to retail....and tbc has a extremely different gamestyle its likea new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm looking to experience vanilla classic on a somewhat active realm, is there one at all??
    Is there a reason You did not play it during the launch in 2019 and also Throughout 2020?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They should definitely do "fresh" servers for Classic. That'd draw a fair crowd I'm sure.
    And what happens when those players on that "fresh server" clear Naxx?

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Nope, everyone left. And there were people who insisted in playing Classic forever, where are those guys? I guess they finally accepted the truth and are playing the much superior Vanilla version of WoW: TBC.
    TBC is "new". Some may have wanted a small break, it happens. Give it a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Then, in time, Bliz should release another fresh server, perhaps with some modifications to difficulty. Classic WoW has a massive re-play potential and variations of it can be successful (if Bliz has the common sense to realize this).

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm looking to experience vanilla classic on a somewhat active realm, is there one at all??
    I've seen some talk on the wowclassic subreddit about communities resurging or planning to resurge on some Classic Era servers, although I can't remember which servers. I would check the subreddit or ask there.

Otherwise, you might want to wait a while for fresh servers, which will almost surely come sooner or later given the recent surveys blizzard sent out.

Interesting,

If 10 servers connected makes it "medium ", then merging all the servers into 1 would still make it "medium". They could connect more until it says full. And as for perception, someone logging on would see theres 10 servers all saying full, not knowing they are connected. That would make them feel the game is more alive than if they merged them and it just showed the 1 merged realm as full

I am quite sure, once TBCC is further in they will release seasonal server for classic and after wotlkc (phew getting long) there will be seasonal servers for tbc etcpp.

Existing servers will probably not be touched for a long time. To difficult to consolidate because players will run amok if they have to change their names even if they don't use their characters anymore.

Didn't they allready ask us about it in a poll?

its pretty cringe that 99% of classic servers are literally empty since tbc. dudes cry for 5 years for classic servers and dump it the second tbc comes out. i thought vanilla was pinnacle of humanity and the best game ever created and from tbc onward inhabited by filthy casuals that want their welfare epics?

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Same thing that's happened on private servers for 10+ years; They reset again.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    its pretty cringe that 99% of classic servers are literally empty since tbc. dudes cry for 5 years for classic servers and dump it the second tbc comes out. i thought vanilla was pinnacle of humanity and the best game ever created and from tbc onward inhabited by filthy casuals that want their welfare epics?
    Stawman of Epic Proportions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    no they dident develop classic vanilla they just put on the first step to retail....and tbc has a extremely different gamestyle its likea new game.
    It really isnt. Its the natural evolution of Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Trouble on Classic or TBCC?
    TBCc, its rather a stuggle now to find people for lvling content

I would expect interest in Classic to rise the older TBCC gets. Ofcourse it wouldn't get the popularity back that it first had, with some luck a few active servers to actively raid with. Alternatively if they would re-release Classic again (they did also poll it) then I would like to see a different approach. Make some classes better, make raids harder, no world buffs, basically anything that was a problem in the original version of Classic that would make the game significally better. Instead of no changes you do ALL the changes. They could try the OSRS method to let the community decide what they would like to see changed.

Still, I find it hard to see that they would keep so many different versions of WoW active at all time. I expected this problem with TBC and that Classic would become obsolete, thats why I advocated for a Classic+ in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I am quite sure, once TBCC is further in they will release seasonal server for classic and after wotlkc (phew getting long) there will be seasonal servers for tbc etcpp.

sounds optimistic. would love to see seasonal servers but what probably happens is they just continue going into cata and have their era servers for the previous expansions

3+ Year Old Account
    They thought they did but they didn't. Where are all those Vanilla fanboys now?
    Last edited by Nak88; 2021-08-20 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    They thought they did but they didn't. Were are all those Vanilla fanboys now?
    "you must play this game endlessly forever, or else you don't actually like the game!"

Yikes.