Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This has always been the most confusing aspect of wow for me - And im someone who is more than happy for everyone to play within the rules, even if it is pissing other players off. But this level of dedication to disrupting others enjoyment, with zero benefit to themselves, has always confused me. Few times over the years someone has ganked or tried to gank me, and i have made their life pretty unhappy for a few minutes, maybe even 10 minutes, but quite quickly i think to myself "wait, i was on the way to X to do Y - why the fuck am i wasting my time camping this dudes body?" and i carry on with my play session.

It happens in all games - riot shield gangs, people blocking others into doorways in fps, people blinding teammates with flash bangs in counterstrike, feeding in a moba - and honestly, it can be pretty godamn funny at times, but only in small doses. Those who intentionally group up and set out on a long campaign of harassment and abuse, while gaining nothing at all themselves, is really strange to me.
    I've learned that sometimes people are just assholes and like to do asshole things, purely for the sake of assholery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Going to BGs solo is a free decision.
    Going to BGs premade is a free decision.

So why should two decisions that were made freely not be equal but one of them should prevail by being catered for, pumpered and protected?
    So why not then have the people that like the same playstyle play against one another? ie Solo vs Solo and Premade vs Premade. Isn't that perfectly equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Who gives a fuck? This is moronic. Of course they're disadvantaged, they're level 26 playing against players who are level 29, should everyone be equal in level as well? Let's do stat templates again, because you all loved that so much.

Stop playing an MMO for "competitive" PvP. Especially stop playing an MMO for "competitive" PvP in the pug mode that intentionally isn't balanced for. It's so beyond boring seeing these same dumbass complaints almost 16 years later - you wanna know one of my most enjoyable memories of Vanilla? Queuing a random BG on my level 11 rogue, seeing a level 19 twink rogue absolutely destroying everyone, and realising what's possible when you actually put some effort in. I still remember the guy's name too. Seems like the attitude today in that same situation would be to cry about how I 'deserve' to do exactly as much damage as he did without anywhere near the time or effort investment.
    I have 0 problem with twinks. All I did was point out the similarities between twinking and premading, which is maximizing your advantages before you even enter the bg, often at the expense of the enjoyment of the other side. No need to be mad lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    So why not then have the people that like the same playstyle play against one another? ie Solo vs Solo and Premade vs Premade. Isn't that perfectly equal?
    I have been asking for that for years. The closest I ever got to a response was “we gave you RBGs” but this doesn’t fix the fact that many a time we simply want to play for honor and hks while being casual and not caring for rating.

They put a mode of arranged battles (can’t remember the actual name for it) but it’s so cumbersome to make two teams then meet leader of team 2 arrange the battle etc it was just impossible to work and it was just for same server battles.

I’m sure they are more than capable to make matchups, why they don’t want it evades me.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I have 0 problem with twinks. All I did was point out the similarities between twinking and premading, which is maximizing your advantages before you even enter the bg, often at the expense of the enjoyment of the other side. No need to be mad lmao
    I still don't agree with the comparison though. Usually there is a similar amount of twinks on both sides. So it evens out. The game can still go either to horde or alliance. With 10 man premades the game is over before it even began and completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I still don't agree with the comparison though. Usually there is a similar amount of twinks on both sides. So it evens out. The game can still go either to horde or alliance. With 10 man premades the game is over before it even began and completely pointless.
    Twinks isn't a side vs side thing. More so a twink vs non twink. So not exactly the same as premade vs pug but similar mindset

I've learned that sometimes people are just assholes and like to do asshole things, purely for the sake of assholery.
    Yeah but thats the thing - im that asshole - if i see an opportunity to knock someone off a ledge, or CC someone with mobs on them, or mc someone of a bridge, i absolutely 100% will take it - every time. Then ill laugh and cackle like a fucking banshee at my mischievous success. Then i carry on with my day without a second thought - i dont sit down and think "right, im going to find some players, and fucking ruin their fun" and i certainly dont get a whole bunch of people together with the sole intention of doing that to other players.

I remember seeing a video from forever ago - from conan mmo iirc. Dude sate on a massive damn/bridge kind of thing, on his horse, pretending to be afk. Each time someone went to ride through behind him, he would kick them off the ledge. I was in tears watching it. But i still find the idea of grouping up with others to go out of your way to ruin the fun of other players - i just dont get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Its absolutely a fair comparison - its almost exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Unless they actually match premades vs. premades this does little to solve the problem. Go over to the EU forums to see the shitshow that the Russians have apparently been putting on for years circumventing this very restriction.
    Yep this happens, the amount of times in classic AV I ran into full Russian premades. All sticking as a 40man, all on comms, all organised. Hard times, if they weren't so brain dead they would stomp every game.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah but thats the thing - im that asshole - if i see an opportunity to knock someone off a ledge, or CC someone with mobs on them, or mc someone of a bridge, i absolutely 100% will take it - every time. Then ill laugh and cackle like a fucking banshee at my mischievous success. Then i carry on with my day without a second thought - i dont sit down and think "right, im going to find some players, and fucking ruin their fun" and i certainly dont get a whole bunch of people together with the sole intention of doing that to other players.

I remember seeing a video from forever ago - from conan mmo iirc. Dude sate on a massive damn/bridge kind of thing, on his horse, pretending to be afk. Each time someone went to ride through behind him, he would kick them off the ledge. I was in tears watching it. But i still find the idea of grouping up with others to go out of your way to ruin the fun of other players - i just dont get it.
    Well that's the difference between consequence free assholery and investing into the pursuit of assholedom.

Wandering by and being an asshole to some random guy whilst you go about your business costs you nothing other than the potential of retribution. If you judge it worth the risk, you get your asshole fix and move on, maybe slightly aware that you are potentially in the crosshairs of some pissed off dude.

If you are dedicating your time to the pursuit of pure assholery, giving it an investment of time and energy with no real reward other than the fix of serotonin that your deviant brain gives you, you are playing a different game altogether. You have dedicated yourself to the art of Asshole-Fu.

I think some people are just wired to get so much enjoyment out of assholing that they don't care about the cost in time and energy. They love the rush too much to not be an asshole for as long as they possibly can.

Well that's the difference between consequence free assholery and investing into the pursuit of assholedom.

Wandering by and being an asshole to some random guy whilst you go about your business costs you nothing other than the potential of retribution. If you judge it worth the risk, you get your asshole fix and move on, maybe slightly aware that you are potentially in the crosshairs of some pissed off dude.

If you are dedicating your time to the pursuit of pure assholery, giving it an investment of time and energy with no real reward other than the fix of serotonin that your deviant brain gives you, you are playing a different game altogether. You have dedicated yourself to the art of Asshole-Fu.

I think some people are just wired to get so much enjoyment out of assholing that they don't care about the cost in time and energy. They love the rush too much to not be an asshole for as long as they possibly can.
    Bang on - im not at all claiming the high ground - openly admit to intentionally fucking with people if the opportunity arises - i would have zero hesitation swapblasting a guildy running to a boss and watch them run off a ledge. But i dont dedicate any time or energy to it.

I'm an opportunistic asshole - these types of guys treat it like a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Love when people resort to calling you "mad" for disagreeing with them while they whinge about other people having a social life and grouping up for content in a video game instead of playing solo like a hermit and then complaining when someone who is more skilled and more organised than them beats them, how very internet of you

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Love when people resort to calling you "mad" for disagreeing with them while they whinge about other people having a social life and grouping up for content in a video game instead of playing solo like a hermit and then complaining when someone who is more skilled and more organised than them beats them, how very internet of you

"Who gives a fuck? This is moronic"
    "Dumbass complaints"
    Bunch of passive aggressive text

Idk man, i was not complaining at all in my post and you took it all the wrong way and started bitching abt it. If forming premades in a 15 year old video game is your definition of a social life, im not gonna stop you haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    As a solo player i dont think this is good, some people play this game for a reason, why not just make it premades more than 5 will only queue into premades and same faction pm
    Cause the queue time would be like 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Cause the queue time would be like 2 hours.
    Should feel just right for the horde then lol

Lmao and people wonder why wow is going to shit, discourage grouping at all cost. Great mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Lmao and people wonder why wow is going to shit, discourage grouping at all cost. Great mmo.
    Posts starting with 'lmao' are usually not very good.

First time I play PvP on TBC, I had a great experience. Instant queues with the HvH BGs, it was very good, certainly much better than waiting 1h on average. Great change Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    First time I play PvP on TBC, I had a great experience. Instant queues with the HvH BGs, it was very good, certainly much better than waiting 1h on average. Great change Blizzard!
    They disabled horde vs horde again right? But has nothing to do with 10 man premades being killed.

I'm really thrilled about this change, especially if a FRESH happens. Imagine playing battlegrounds and not getting farmed at the GY by ranking premades every game...

• Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 5 players when joining the queue.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nd-more/299630

Sounds great but they'll just use the progression/main server method of queuing as two groups, sending one in of each group to see if they are in the same before the rest join.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!