Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Texas Senate bill drops teaching requirement that Ku Klux Klan is "morally wrong"

    In yet another attack on the US's Education system the republican led senate in Texas voted on a bill that moves to eliminate the teaching of MLK Jr's "I have a dream" speech, along with the writings of Cesar Chavez, and Susan B. Anthony. however the main target or at least the most glaring part of this vote was to drop the requirement of framing the KKK in a factual light. now, this would be bad enough for the state of Texas, but since Texas is where most of the countries text books are written and printed this decision will affect the entire country when and if it goes into effect. It's impossible to separate politics from history and the Texas GOP are making this case almost every other day. I mean I can already see the argument "the KKK was created by the Democrats!" okay? It's curious how it's the Republicans that don't want to teach your kids the KKK are bad people.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-20 at 05:21 PM.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,448
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and purely based on extra credit.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-20 at 05:56 PM.
    Let's spread optimism and defeat pessimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and/or extra credit.
    Are you arguing for school to be purely optional overall? Because, you know, we shouldn't coerce kids into learning about "any other topic" as you say.

    Also, why is it "unethical" to teach children of the appropriate age (this ain't a first grade lesson) about the history of the US, including the KKK?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and/or extra credit.
    okay, at least come out and say you think we should all be homeschooled. because why then have any state mandated education at all? these lines you're drawing up are completely arbitrary.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and purely based on extra credit.
    For someone who claims that all of today's problems will be solved with magical technology developed by future people, you sure want the future to be filled with blithering idiots.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

    "I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

  6. #6
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    13,621
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and purely based on extra credit.
    How is it you manage to take the most absurd stance on any topic on these forums? It's almost an art you've perfected.

    I want you to just realize you just declared that it's unethical to teach kids. About any topic.

    Do you want to try that again?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and purely based on extra credit.
    That....has to be your dumbest fucking take yet. Like the dumbest by far.

    History as a subject shouldn't be voluntary or extra credit. There's no fucking way to teach any coherent American history or civics without extensively discussing the KKK.

    Do you realize the depths of your own idiocy and moral depravity?

    Amazing how you also managed to instantly derail this entire thread. Holy fuck, it's literally people like you who set America on the fast track of Fascist Dictatorship by Idiots.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-07-20 at 06:18 PM.

  8. #8
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That....has to be your dumbest fucking take yet. Like the dumbest by far.

    History as a subject shouldn't be voluntary or extra credit. There's no fucking way to teach any coherent American history or civics without extensively discussing the KKK.

    Do you realize the depths of your own idiocy and moral depravity?
    Are you kidding me? You want to punish kids if they don't want to learn about the KKK and whichever other topics you want to force on them. That's an actual example of moral depravity.
    Let's spread optimism and defeat pessimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you arguing for school to be purely optional overall? Because, you know, we shouldn't coerce kids into learning about "any other topic" as you say.

    Also, why is it "unethical" to teach children of the appropriate age (this ain't a first grade lesson) about the history of the US, including the KKK?
    It's literally people like him who vote along with the Grand Wizards and other fucknuckles purging MLK, Susan B Anthony and Caesar Chavez from the curriculum while also reframing things like the KKK, slavery, segregation as good things.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You want to punish kids if they don't want to learn about the KKK and whichever other topics you want to force on them.
    What if they don't want to learn math? Or biology? Or chemistry? Or English? Should they be "punished" for not wanting to learn that?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Are you kidding me? You want to punish kids if they don't want to learn about the KKK and whichever other topics you want to force on them. That's an actual example of moral depravity.
    wait you dont think history should be taught? what about maths or english?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What if they don't want to learn math? Or biology? Or chemistry? Or English? Should they be "punished" for not wanting to learn that?
    beat me too it, lmao

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    5,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    For someone who claims that all of today's problems will be solved with magical technology developed by future people, you sure want the future to be filled with blithering idiots.
    Well, I considered responding to the same post you did, but then I read this, and realized that there's no way I was going to top your response.

    Bravo, sir, bravo.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What if they don't want to learn math? Or biology? Or chemistry? Or English? Should they be "punished" for not wanting to learn that?
    Kids should not be forced to learn anything, period. Just as you might hurt some kids' feelings if you teach them about the KKK, you might also hurt some kids' feelings if you teach them 1 + 1 = 2 when they actually think it's 3. We must avoid hurt feelings at all costs.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

    "I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

  14. #14
    I never met anyone that hates history, who didn't have a past they are trying to run from.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  15. #15
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    20,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's literally people like him who vote along with the Grand Wizards and other fucknuckles purging MLK, Susan B Anthony and Caesar Chavez from the curriculum while also reframing things like the KKK, slavery, segregation as good things.
    No, I'm against the KKK, slavery, segregation, and racism. But I'm also against childism. No kid should be forced to learn about the KKK under the threat of punishment. It's disgusting.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-20 at 06:30 PM.
    Let's spread optimism and defeat pessimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No, I'm against the KKK, slavery, segregation, and racism. But I'm also against childism. No kid should be forced to learn about the KKK under the threat of punishment. It's disgusting.
    Stop avoiding the question, what should they be forced to learn...anything? No kid is interested in learning about nutrition or to be potty trained, for example. Where is your stupid fucking line and defend it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    But I'm also against childism.
    You're against the radical notion that children should be treated like human beings and should have rights? Isn't that like...the exact opposite of what you're posting in this thread?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childism

    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No kid should be forced to learn about the KKK under the threat of punishment. It's disgusting.
    Again: Should children be forced to learn basic math, algebra, geometry, English, biology, chemistry, world history, or any other subject, under threat of punishment? You keep ignoring this question.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're against the radical notion that children should be treated like human beings and should have rights? Isn't that like...the exact opposite of what you're posting in this thread?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childism



    Again: Should children be forced to learn basic math, algebra, geometry, English, biology, chemistry, world history, or any other subject, under threat of punishment? You keep ignoring this question.
    He's all over the place; hates children, wants to force women to have children (make them pro-natalism), thinks history is a waste of time, thinks the future isn't worth worrying about.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2021-07-20 at 06:42 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No, I'm against the KKK, slavery, segregation, and racism. But I'm also against childism. No kid should be forced to learn about the KKK under the threat of punishment. It's disgusting.
    1. What the fuck is "childism"?
    2. So you are saying no kid should be expected to learn anything about anything ever if their parents don't feel like it? Because that's what you're saying. Or are you just against teaching kids about the KKK specifically?
    3. You're absolutely full of shit. Erasing the history of the KKK, slavery, segregation and racism is the wet dream of every Klansman, slavery apologist, segregationist and racist, because that's the only way they can get away with sneaking those things back.

    Keep shoveling at that bottomless pit of stupid takes that you've dug yourself into.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-07-20 at 06:43 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    As far as government mandated "requirements" there shouldn't be any because it's unethical to coerce kids into learning about the KKK or any other topic. It should be voluntary and purely based on extra credit.
    I don't post enough these days to care about the coming infraction but fucking hell. Have you ever had a take on an issue that wasn't absolute dog shit? I am yet to see it. At this stage I think the community is praying for you that you're a persona account because if these are actual opinions that you hold then you're the dumbest fuck I've ever seen on these forums and that's a massive achievement on your part, staggering infact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •