Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A big thanks to Limit, Echo, Method, BDGG and pieces for an entertaining race!

Me and my husband had a lot of fun watching the race for world first and I'd like to thank all the guilds for streaming it all and for the very entertaining finish, 3rd is still up for grabs and we will keep following it.
    Echo really brought it this tier and played out of their minds, the Limit rally before reset made it a real nail biter and at one point we thought they were going to be able to bring her down and claim first place. It was exciting all the way until the end.
    Method seems to be the front runner for third place at the moment but it's unclear if they can keep that spot with re-clears coming up.

I think the guilds did an excellent job, blizzard could improve a few things though.
    1. Global release for raid patches, just like they have for expansions, it's ok to use the US time zones, it's a much better option than what we have now. Raid patches are such big events for the game now that they deserve the treatment and the hype that comes with it. Keep reset global for 3 weeks or until the final boss is down, then go back to normal. Make sure the US don't get extended maintenance while EU/Asia comes up though.
    This would also allow Asia to actively participate in the race, as it is they are 32 hours behind.

2. The tuning for Guardian of the ancient ones and Fatescribe was quite off, especially after how hard painsmith was. Kel'Thuzad can't be helped, some bigbrain plays rendered him very undertuned. No wonder the ancients are in trouble when their guardian went down like a chump.
    Note here that I'm not saying undertuned for the average player, I mean undertuned for the race. The average mythic player will have way higher Ilvl when they get there.

Lastly, a big thanks to all the casters, streamers, players and raid leaders making the race as exciting as it was!

It was a really good race, Limit clearly could've gotten it with no extra gear, stupid...human...bodies needing rest. Such a constant nuisance to gamers.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    2. The tuning for Guardian of the ancient ones and Fatescribe was quite off, especially after how hard painsmith was.
    Yes.
    The most disappointing part of this raid were bosses 7-9.

Great race. I love how triggered some guildies got when Method didn't get world first.. It was adorable to see

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can’t remember a race being so close. The lead changing a few times, both Echo and Limit pushing hard on Sylvanas; Limit getting to 45.4% before Echo did the perfect pull to snatch victory. Other bosses don’t matter; Blizz nailed the tuning on Sylvanas - a perfect pull should be what’s needed to get world first and that’s exactly what happened

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Great race. I love how triggered some guildies got when Method didn't get world first.. It was adorable to see
    Can you show me anyone who expected Method to get it? I mean they clearly are top 3 material potentially, but no one with any actual WF knowledge would have expected them to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I can’t remember a race being so close. The lead changing a few times, both Echo and Limit pushing hard on Sylvanas; Limit getting to 45.4% before Echo did the perfect pull to snatch victory. Other bosses don’t matter; Blizz nailed the tuning on Sylvanas - a perfect pull should be what’s needed to get world first and that’s exactly what happened
    Yeah, but thing is it was good because it was one reset. If it was two resets it would have been a different story

I'm sad to see Limit did not take first place, but I am proud of them nonetheless! Take the gold next time, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I'm glad they didn't. shouldn't even be allowed to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Because people can't change, correct? They reformed, get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was fun to finally see some other bodies on the last boss at the same time even if they were miles behind progress wise. I watched them all to see different strats being tried. Slept through the final kill though ><.

Pisser for limit to wake up to the news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Because people can't change, correct? They reformed, get over it.
    Reform is a strong word for a company. They sacked the problem staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You realize none of those people are here right? You might want to save the parasocial fangirling for the official forums.
    Well, since you clearly know them all seeing as you know what people read and post here, you could perhaps tell them of my gratitude?

The race for third place has been exciting too, also changing hand a few times between Method and BDGG, with pieces coming in as a dark horse!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post

Yeah, but thing is it was good because it was one reset. If it was two resets it would have been a different story
    agreed. if it had gone to two resets Limit would've easily won thanks to being able to re clear before Echo could.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize none of those people are here right? You might want to save the parasocial fangirling for the official forums.
    they probably do check out this site on occasion. you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    stupid...human...bodies needing rest.
    All they needed was the Gingi Fuel.

What is wrong with you? Checked your history and all your posts are negative, you should get that checked my friend.
    Last edited by kodemonkee; 2021-07-22 at 05:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Geez dude they're just a guild of regular people, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    It was a really good race, Limit clearly could've gotten it with no extra gear, stupid...human...bodies needing rest. Such a constant nuisance to gamers.
    Limit would have got World first if there healer didnt dc, and die on a platform they couldnt get to, to res them,

it overtaxed there healers, and cost them on that 45.8% wipe.

having that extra pally healer, with his dps on ALL 3 platforms would have helped, they lost maybe 1-2m damage from him which would have helped them secure it.

shit happens, i just feel sorry it came down to that for them, instead of mechanics or timers.

it was a shit way for it to end for them.

- - - Updated - - -

They're active on the official forums. Iirc, none of those people have ever publicly made their presence known on MMO-C.
    would you if you were them make yourself officially known outside the official forums?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

You realize none of those people are here right?
    I think Dossou from Limit visits these forums from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Limit would have got World first if there healer didnt dc, and die on a platform they couldnt get to, to res them
    Even if that were the case, they still played worse than echo this tier, so we have the deserved winner, no matter what.

Does anyone know if echo released the weak auras?

I can't recall a race that was so close. Both Echo and Limit pushed hard on Sylvanas, with Limit getting to 45.4 percent before Echo pulled off the perfect pull to snare victory. Other bosses are irrelevant; Blizz nailed the tuning on Sylvanas - a flawless pull should be enough to take world first, and that's exactly what occurred.