Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In a reasonable world, it might generate useful discussion, though I still think they'd be completely wrong to offer that in the first place.

But we live in the Darkest Timeline, where the Democrats could literally put forth the P.U.P.P.I.E.S. bill, the Political Universality of Petting Puppies for Internal Emotional Satisfaction Bill, where the entire bill simply confirmed that, yes, petting a puppy does make most people happy, and the Republicans would be screaming into OANN and Fox News microphones about how Biden was only introducing this bill as a prelude to making everyone eat live puppies once a week or some similarly completely shit-for-brains lie.

There is no possible offer of solidarity or fellowship that Republicans will not misrepresent as a deep attack on American values and a demonstration of exactly how demonic their Democratic nega-colleagues are.

That's why it's a silly question. Not because of what it should mean, with opponents who are reasonable, but the implication that the Republicans in Congress are reasonable. When they clearly are not.
    Again, I wasn't throwing it out there as an olive branch type move, I was throwing it out there as it would force MTG to either:

- publicly agree she should be banned

or

- publicly agree with Biden which is a major no-no, especially when she and her ilk claim the Dems are behind the bannings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Seriously? You literally called me a dick. What is that? You also called me toxic for being dismissive. Why no venom for Endus?
    There's a difference between saying, "You're a dick" and "you're being a dick". One describes you, the other describes your actions.

I didn't call you toxic for being dismissive, i called you toxic for...well......being a dick about it. Maybe you can get an adult to show you the difference between Endus' approach and yours.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Again, why throw out unrealistic hypotheticals? Sorry for making jokes earlier, I wasn’t trying to hurt your feelings.
    There's nothing unrealistic about it. I didn't say Biden or AOC could force Twitter to do anything. Just say it.

Bullshit. Grow the fuck up and accept responsibility for your actions.
    What??!?! That's republican levels of hypocrisy right there. Bravo.

Go ahead and get your last word on that, I'm done with that portion of it. If you want to discuss the potential strategy of the hypothetical, then we can.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Again, I wasn't throwing it out there as an olive branch type move, I was throwing it out there as it would force MTG to either:

- publicly agree she should be banned

or

- publicly agree with Biden which is a major no-no, especially when she and her ilk claim the Dems are behind the bannings.
    Or;
    - publicly call out Biden for being a hypocrite when it comes to free speech and only making this appeal because he knows the Trump army is coming for him and he's scared.

Or;
    - publicly dismiss the offer because she doesn't need a Democrat's help; the ban just demonstrates the malice in Leftism and that's why she's going to Gab/Parler/whateverthefuck.

Or;
    - She literally ignores that it ever happened and continues to talk about how Biden's trying to use Twitter to silence her.

And I'm being super, duper unfair to Marjorie Taylor Greene, here, because she's too fuckin' stupid to figure this shit out as a strategy, so her real response is just going to be "whatever stupid shit results from her two remaining brain cells accidentally colliding within her cavernous skull".

Like I said; you're implicitly arguing the Republicans like MTG are being reasonable or sane.

They are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Or;
    - publicly call out Biden for being a hypocrite when it comes to free speech and only making this appeal because he knows the Trump army is coming for him and he's scared.

Or;
    - publicly dismiss the offer because she doesn't need a Democrat's help; the ban just demonstrates the malice in Leftism and that's why she's going to Gab/Parler/whateverthefuck.

Or;
    - She literally ignores that it ever happened and continues to talk about how Biden's trying to use Twitter to silence her.

And I'm being super, duper unfair to Marjorie Taylor Greene, here, because she's too fuckin' stupid to figure this shit out as a strategy, so her real response is just going to be "whatever stupid shit results from her two remaining brain cells accidentally colliding within her cavernous skull".

Like I said; you're implicitly arguing the Republicans like MTG are being reasonable or sane.

They are not.
    All that is fair. My question was just inspired by the squirming Deathsentence had to do, because he just sat next to Biden and because of how Booker and Co. leapt onto Tuberville's political gaffe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Same case as the Trump thread: settle down and keep it on topic, not personal.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Jesus Christ.

I understand that it's hard to tell motivations through text, but sometimes the /s isn't necessary when the dude has thousands of posts. Get a clue.
    Look up Poe's Law.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers