Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Previous generations had to scrape and fight but current ones (and that isn't just the millennials) have never had a challenge.
    An utter load of horseshit.

But I'm sure it's fun to pretend that the recent recessions never happened, and that wages haven't been stagnant for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    An utter load of horseshit.

But I'm sure it's fun to pretend that the recent recessions never happened, and that wages haven't been stagnant for decades.
    Yeah I guess me having to live in a home with rats and roaches because there was no place else to be and no work during the recession never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To paraphrase what you're saying:

Selling people sewer water and telling them it's a "miracle cure" is duping people. You know your product will not give the customer what they want/believe it will provide.

Selling those same people copies of Mein Kampf because they're all Nazis and really want their own copy of Mein Kampf, that's not "duping", it's just supply answering demand.

These people aren't being sold on one thing and getting white supremacy instead. They're being sold white supremacy, and they're eager for it. Stopping someone from selling them white supremacist stuff won't lower their demand for more white supremacy, it'll just increase how desperate they are to get that white supremacy at any cost, as demand remains and supply dwindles, until someone else steps up to feed that demand.
    Sorry but no, it isn't she knows what she is saying they know what they are buying.

She should have been banned a long time ago along with a bunch of others.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Bread and circuses basically. Just like the Roman Empire got soft and rotted internally, the same seems to be going on here. Previous generations had to scrape and fight but current ones (and that isn't just the millennials) have never had a challenge. Bad as the pandemic is, it is still not as tough as previous generations have had to deal with.
    650,000+ American civilians are fucking dead. That's basically the amount of soldiers that died in the Civil War from both sides combined.

And they are dead because the president at the time decided to politicize the virus and act like it wasn't a big deal. No other reason.

That's more than WWII by like 200k.

So just fucking stop it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Sorry but no, it isn't she knows what she is saying they know what they are buying.

She should have been banned a long time ago along with a bunch of others.
    She should've been banned.

It won't make anyone who listens to her change their minds. They'll continue to self-radicalize, because MTG isn't the cause of it, she's just stoking the flames. Just banning her and removing her from office does nothing in the long term; her public will just find another source for the hate rhetoric they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Bread and circuses basically. Just like the Roman Empire got soft and rotted internally, the same seems to be going on here. Previous generations had to scrape and fight but current ones (and that isn't just the millennials) have never had a challenge. Bad as the pandemic is, it is still not as tough as previous generations have had to deal with.
    Millenials and Zoomers have had to deal with worse circumstances than any generation since the Great Depression.

Boomers internalizing their incredible privilege as some kind of "norm" is pretty much at the root of nearly every single societal and economic failure that the world is dealing with today. Up to and including the growing threat of anthropogenic climate change.

This thread is a really interesting (and terrifying) breakdown of the chain of weak points that allow disinformation to flourish with a patina of scientific legitimacy--he notes it's been cited elsewhere 22 times according to google scholar: https://pubpeer.com/publications/EB0...A7375C09C83E46

ETA direct link to the twitter thread: https://twitter.com/GidMK/status/141...872819719?s=20
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-07-26 at 01:13 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope Marge gets enough cash and stupidity to abandon her Congressional seat and run for the Senate nomination in 2022 in GA. Because in Georgia, no candidate in Georgia can run for more than one office including that of member of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Because previous generations were widely known for their political correctness and racial tolerance. /s

Calling diseases by locational names hasn't been an acceptable thing for decades.
    And yet when a series of viruses cause major disruption in the world, to put it mildly, it is only natural to look around and ask "now where did that come from?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And yet when a series of viruses cause major disruption in the world, to put it mildly, it is only natural to look around and ask "now where did that come from?"
    They come from high population density, habitat destruction, and global travel. Viruses thrive--and mutate--on physical proximity and opportunity. That's it. Unless there's ANY credible evidence to the contrary--and so far there's not--there's nothing more complicated or sinister about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Obviously there are people who continue to research the origins of the virus, but the racist nonsense we’re seeing isn’t helpful. See the Clay Higgins FB post regarding his second bout with covid for reference.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
    Sure, we should keep researching it, but we also can't pinpoint the origins of HIV or the 1918 flu.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Ask, sure. Investigate, certainly.

Hypothesize radically racist nonsense as a politically convenient scapegoating effort? Fuck that in the ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Ask, sure. Investigate, certainly.

Hypothesize radically racist nonsense as a politically convenient scapegoating effort? Fuck that in the ear.
    Absolutely. Minuscule local variations in human genome have nothing to do with the virus. But those looking for someone to blame have their gotcha.

Obviously there are people who continue to research the origins of the virus, but the racist nonsense we’re seeing isn’t helpful. See the Clay Higgins FB post regarding his second bout with covid for reference.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
    Holy shit the amount of people in the comments saying they’ve had it twice already.

Why is it that whenever I hear her name or see a picture of her, I just get that Cartman song stuck on my mind...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they have a test showing they had it the first time I’m inclined to believe they just had the flu and are going, “I’m special, I had covid before we knew it was a thing.” Ignoring the reality of the differences between the two. Hell, see his post. “It’s so much worse this time!”*

*the only time they verifiably had covid
    This. I had my last pre-covid trip in Feb of 2020 to Florida and when I got back I got very sick with all the symptoms of covid.

Except I tested positive for the flu. I didn't have covid.

If I didn't have that flu test I would be pretty convinced I had covid.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Only a temp suspension? She also has advocated murdering people who offer vaccinations. They banned Trump, they should absolutely ban her. This misinformation is getting absurd and has lead to far more deaths than any mass murderer could do running around with a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm waiting to hear if there's a dumbass to advocate killing the vaccinated to even up the numbers that GOP voters lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm waiting to hear if there's a dumbass to advocate killing the vaccinated to even up the numbers that GOP voters lost.
    They were convinced that the vaccinated would die off in droves in 6 months from the vaccine itself. Maybe they'll pivot now. Of course, they've also been talking about killing Democrats generally for quite a while now, so who's to say, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    They were convinced that the vaccinated would die off in droves in 6 months from the vaccine itself. Maybe they'll pivot now.
    They'll just push the date back further every time it doesn't happen, like they keep doing with the date when Trump will be "reinstated" as President.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    They'll just push the date back further every time it doesn't happen, like they keep doing with the date when Trump will be "reinstated" as President.
    Two weeks from everywhen.

I thought by now everyone was supposed to be part of the hive mind. Chipped and ready to serve our communist globalist masters intent on destroying America via 5G.
    I mean, am I typing this cause I want to or is gates making me?

We'll never know.