View Poll Results: Who's 9.2's last boss?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Anduin Wrynn

67 28.63%
  • Zovaal the Jailer

119 50.85%
  • Ve'nari

5 2.14%
  • A Broker

5 2.14%
  • Someone Entirely Else

38 16.24%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Your not wrong but lots of expansions has a .1 or .2 patch be a side story. Uldiar and the Thunder King etc. Plus there's a lot of loose threads.

So could be "we don't know where the jailer went but Helya had brought the Halls of Valour into the Shadowlands and now we must defend Odyn" for a patch of something.

We could head into Thros etc.
    Both Ulduar and the Thunder King were part of the initial questing experience and you could tell that both will be Raid Content. Isle of Thunder was already datamined during Beta iirc.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to add Final Fantasy 14 as an option.

No idea... probably Anduin with story that will include Arthas.

There was to much work done on the whole story around Zovaal. They just introduced him to us. He was and got even stronger than anything we ever encountered. No way we will even attack him... What Sargeras is for Burning Legion, Zovaal is for the Undead. General who gets his commands from the forces that have not been revealed yet.

i think it's who ever the dreadlords are working for either malganis or sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    9.2 will drop after people's 6 month sub drops
    Funny how it works out that way
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Pessimist in me says the Jailor will be the 9.2 end boss, because that's probably worst outcome. We barely know anything about him, and the game needs a big bad that sticks around and is a looming threat. If we kill him, that's the worst scenario. If we fight him and even appear to have a chance at beating him in 9.2, that just undermines the character, who will need a DBZ power-up of some kind to escalate his power even further. There's a possible scenario where you fight him but he handily beats us, but it would involve us just annoying him at best... and it could work, but I don't trust the route with the way the game's lore and story has been going.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Speaking of, didn't they say something about addressing the sword this expansion? Could the newly armoured Jailer decide he needs a blade?
    That would be catastrophic. Hopefully he isn’t big enough to pick it up.

normally in a x.2 patch, blizzard changes up the setting a bit so it won´t all look the same. (not only in regards to the raid but also the zone that comes with it.)

so I think it will be either
    -> Nathreza or something along the lines with the Nathrezim as Antagonists (with some enslaved demons or something like that as servants, maybe even a first look at the Tothrezim from the RPG) and Anduin as Endboss with 2 Blades, the 2nd being Ramornia
    or
    -> the "Lightlands" as zone with the Naaru (Naaru-Prime) / Elune / Lightsworn as enemies and Anduin as Endboss with 2 Blades, the 2nd being Ramornia
    Last edited by sandini; 2021-07-21 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Both Ulduar and the Thunder King were part of the initial questing experience and you could tell that both will be Raid Content. Isle of Thunder was already datamined during Beta iirc.
    Thros was also in the initial questing experience....

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I think that, whoever it is, for the first time, we might lose the fight. (most likely the Jailer on his full power)
    This would develop into certain large scale changes.. Then some time travel will set us back to a different time and timeline. Hence WoW going through some large changes which will see us progressing towards breaking the veil before it is too late, to be able to actually defeat the Jailer and stop his purpose.

That would see the game revamped.

That is what I can imagine from the current devs team.
    For the first time? We literally lose in Sanctum.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Unless blizz ends the xpac at 9.2 - we won't be fighting the jailer next Raid. If blizz calls SLS quits at 9.2 then I expect it will be the Jailer next

9.2 is about 8-9 months away so.. get your potions saved up

Anduin will be left behind by the Jailer when he enters the Halls of the First Ones or wherever to do whatever he has planned..........

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf Shadowlands might be a longer expansion pack due to the pandemic. More so assuming the consistent pattern might not hold true consider the world currently.
    Do you really think they will keep trotting along on this xpac?
    It's unthinkable to me with all the delays and backlash.

But, yeah, maybe the development of the next xpac is also majorly delayed.

My money is on 9.2 being the last patch and the next xpac being a longer cycle as well.

I see 9.2 releasing around feb/march and next xpac a year after.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-07-21 at 11:47 PM.

Either His Majesty, King Anduin in 9.2, then Zovaal in 9.3, OR Zovaal in 9.2, and then the TRUE puppet masters in 9.3. (Whomever they may be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    You forgot to add Final Fantasy 14 as an option.
    I still think a cross-over would be hilarious.

hopefully the jailer so we can skip a 9.3 and get a fresh xpac.

3+ Year Old Account
    The safe pick: Zovaal

With basically the whole expansion building him up, this seems like the obvious one. Him as a final boss, with Anduin being either the boss before him or being part of the final encounter. This encounter would more likely than not feature a Sylvanas redemption arc, to the surprise of no one.

The slight reach: Anduin

This one would most likely bank on this xpac having four raid tiers. Anduin pulling an Uno reverse card on Zovaal is also a possibility here. Speaking of...

The big reach: Ve'nari

All the time helping her in the Maw ends up resulting in her pulling a fast one on Zovaal. Bonus points if this is a Mythic-only encounter for the "true" ending, but I wouldn't expect Blizz to be that spicy in this day and age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thros was also in the initial questing experience....
    Yes, but i doubt we will see more than another raid tier for Shadowlands. Sadly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeetmyfeet View Post
    i think it's who ever the dreadlords are working for either malganis or sargeras
    Isn't that Denathrius?... Who we JUST fought as the final boss of Castle Nathria?...

Zovaal will somehow survive Shadowlands and we'll chase him to the next expansion. Anduin will be the final boss of 9.2 and Shadowlands. I am betting he dies for good because most players realize how often we've killed/fought Horde leaders or characters as bosses and think it's imbalanced that we never kill an Alliance hero.
    RAAAaaaarrGGHHHH! -Bolvar Fordragon

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't Arthas make an appearance somewhere? He is still somewhere in the Maw. Maybe he will Pop up.