View Poll Results: Who's 9.2's last boss?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Anduin Wrynn

67 28.63%
  • Zovaal the Jailer

119 50.85%
  • Ve'nari

5 2.14%
  • A Broker

5 2.14%
  • Someone Entirely Else

38 16.24%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sargeras and Denathrius are BFFs from High school...

The way things are going? The state of california.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    The way things are going? The state of california.
    Way things are going Id be surprised if we even saw a 9.2 this yr..

Currently looks like the end boss of 9.2 is a legal system...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Way things are going Id be surprised if we even saw a 9.2 this yr..
    I think we will see some first rumblings of the next patch major patch in autuum, but I doubt the release window was ever going to be this year.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Surprised Denathrius didn't make it onto the list.

I don't think it'll be him. Though I think he may try and swoop in to take the Jailer's place. Either before or after we defeat him.

I bet 100k it will be Afriasabi, and the fight will be basically the players trying to stop him from groping Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    That voice actress-hiring lady would DIE if she had to say goodbye to her man-crush that voices Anduin.
    Well to be honest, Josh Keaton is just such a wholesome dude so I wouldn't blame her. Josh has many years of experience and has voiced a plethora of different characters across many franchises. It's not his fault the character's writing is a bit ...bland.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think the wait to 9.2 will be as long as the wait for 9.1. I would expect 9.2 to drop around November which means we could well see a 9.3 in March/April 2022. Downside to that is that if we do get a 9.3 around those dates then next expansion definitely won't drop til very early 2023.

I was thinking that we might face Helya again in 9.2 but after following the questline that probably won't happen. I honestly can't think of anyone other than the Jailer who we would face this expansion. which means that 9.2 would be the final patch of the expansion. that being said, there are still a few weeks left of the questline to go so that might give us some hints.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think we will kill Anduin. Jailer will sacrifice him so that he can escape and start his work or whatever. Then he will tell us all he knows before dying
    bro Jeff Hamiilton twitter:
    "I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers. I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders."

5+ Year Old Account
    Bobby

Brack

Ion

One of the three. Take your pick.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    bro Jeff Hamiilton twitter:
    "I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers. I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders."
    the post you quoted was before that tweet was sent. obviously that changes things, we don't know how long they will be off work or how much of 9.2 has been done.

Most likely SL will end with 9.2 due to the pandemic, how I would round things out, and Zooval will be the end boss. The ending of SoD, for all its 100% flawed nature, looked like the setup for the final phase of the BBEG's plan as it invoked the "darkest before dawn" trope and completely missed what makes it a shit trope that should never be invoked.

No other choice than Zovaal. They need to wrap up Shadowlands to get to next expansion in 2022.

With the pandemic delay and the lawsuit stopping all development, they don't have rime for 9.3 left.

Kotick... obviously. I bet if they make him the end boss, Subs will go over 10mil in a day.

Could be a two or three fight encounter like Spine of Deathwing and Carapace of N'zoth.

The first one will be whatever mechanism set in motion by Zovaal, with Anduin involved somewhere. Then we break Anduin free in this fight. The fight ends when we realised it's too late and Zovaal technically has won and has done what he wanted to do.

The second fight will part 2 of that same mechanism. This time we're fighting to escape. Maybe we manage to find the mcguffin to stop more damage from happening. Said mcguffin could very well be Anduin himself.

The third last fight is we're about to escape, but Zovaal personally steps in to finish us off or to stop us from escaping with said mcguffin.

In order for Blizzard to redeem itself they will change last boss to Alex Afrasiabi and to defeat it you need a female only raid.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I'd also bet that freeing Anduin will somehow involve Varian, it's really odd that he's not shown up yet or even been mentioned
    we're in the Shadowlands, where all the dead heroes have gone.
    Fel is famous for consuming/destroying souls, and Varian was obliterated by Fel. It's a safe assumption to assume his soul was eliminated and no longer exists.

why aren't we trying to find and recruit them all? Varian, Doomhammer, Cairn, Lothar, Ravencrest, Fordring...
    They died prior to the Arbitar breaking, so they could be in a massive range of other afterlives in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I'd also bet that freeing Anduin will somehow involve Varian
    Father, is it, over? I see only darkness before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Fel is famous for consuming/destroying souls, and Varian was obliterated by Fel. It's a safe assumption to assume his soul was eliminated and no longer exists.
    Didn't the remants of Goldrin mention that even somehwere? He was complete shacken and mentioned he couldn't even feel a remants of Varian or something like that IIRC.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I smell WOD 2.0 judging by recent events. So, even if they were already working on 9.2, I think they might press the "o sh!t" button and use "emergency exit" from SL by making Zovaal tu3 final boss od 9.2.