Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nope, that is false. Your environment shapes you more than you think, read up some articles.
    Nope, you choose how you react to things. That's an undeniable fact.

    If someone rages at me, I make the conscious decision to either a) be toxic back, b) remain calm in my talking to them, or c) distance myself from them. Only one of those reactions are 'unacceptable'

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They: "I experienced hours of denial"
    You: "Liar! I haven't experienced hours of denial"
    Better you: "Oh wow, I didn't have such an experience, don't give up, form your own party"
    Nah. Engaging with liars and doomers got us to this point already. No amount of coddling will ever get them to accept that they are entirely responsible for their own failure to achieve whatever it is they set out to achieve, rather than Blizzard, or other players, or their class, or their spec, or whatever other bullshit excuse they've invented to protect their fee fees. Kowtowing to the weak-minded and/or weak-willed only makes everything worse.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Nah. Engaging with liars and doomers got us to this point already. No amount of coddling will ever get them to accept that they are entirely responsible for their own failure to achieve whatever it is they set out to achieve, rather than Blizzard, or other players, or their class, or their spec, or whatever other bullshit excuse they've invented to protect their fee fees. Kowtowing to the weak-minded and/or weak-willed only makes everything worse.
    It wasn't about coddling. But humbling. And for someone who doesn't want to engage with liars and doomers you seem to be quite engaging.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post
    Who's to blame here?


    [1]Blizzard for developing such systems where it breeds toxic behaviour or the type of players that are in the WoW Community?


    Scenario Case:

    Mythic+ as a function is great idea. It produces replayability, may replace raiding to an extent, but the premade LFG system is a disaster. I now see people more speaking about the mythic+ situation, where you get declined for many hours at a time, leaving majority of players frustrated.

    On the flip side I understand mythic+ key holders want a smooth/fast run, because it is too punshing if you fail, the cycle will continue, unless Blizzard decides to lesser the punishements, then people wouldn't care about success/failure ratio and decrease the decline ratio followed by increased Accept ratio in the LFG Premade tool.

    Coming back to the point made in [1], who is to blame, at the end of the day?
    The premise is flawed.

    The problem is that people run content only to get rewarded for it. I understand that the rewards are an important part of the equation, but if you only ever look at the rewards and just mechanically run dungeons for no other reason then rating and gear, then the kind of behaviour you mean happens, because sometimes people don't get that reward and thus (for them) the entire dungeon was pointless.

    I don't understand this mindset and I probably never will. I run dungeons and raids with friends because I enjoy them, not because of that rating number and that possibility of gear. If you employ this mindset you will soon realize that you are much more relaxed about failing the key.

    I know at least one person in my guild who only runs keys for their rating and thus is constantly on edge when in a key, jumping ahead of the tank and dying because they literally cannot take it if a key isn't timed and then proceeds to blame everyone in the group for that. The result is that very few people want that person in their group anymore.

    So to answer your question: The player's mindsets are to blame for the toxic behaviour. The system itself works completely fine and if you relax about gear and rating there suddenly is very little reason to be toxic. On top of that, you actually will have smoother runs, because people are not so tense about that timer.

  5. #125
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I
    So why were players rejected from group content prior to boosts? And why didn't Blizzard solve the issue back then?
    The game has a level of difficulty always like every game. However there were NO mechanics to judge players prior to rio and when gearscore was implemented blizzard killed it. That was ofc before blizzard was selling gold. Now that its more into the gold selling business than into making enjoyable games the game is going full blown p2w with a subscription to add insult to injury.

    Nowdays most players reject playing so they can sell playing with others as a service. Even guilds have started asking for gold to take members in. Everything has a price and blizzard takes its cut. Why change this?
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  6. #126
    The rot starts from within if you get what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The game has a level of difficulty always like every game. However there were NO mechanics to judge players prior to rio and when gearscore was implemented blizzard killed it. That was ofc before blizzard was selling gold. Now that its more into the gold selling business than into making enjoyable games the game is going full blown p2w with a subscription to add insult to injury.
    Dude what? Everything you just wrote is wrong.

    Blizzard "killed" gearscore because it lagged servers the fuck out the more people used it. Blizzard immediately started showing ilvl ingame. Also: before gearscore players were judged by "come IF bridge" and got inspected since the beginning of the world (of warcraft).

  8. #128
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by dominatedd View Post
    Who's to blame here?


    [1]Blizzard for developing such systems where it breeds toxic behaviour or the type of players that are in the WoW Community?


    Scenario Case:

    Mythic+ as a function is great idea. It produces replayability, may replace raiding to an extent, but the premade LFG system is a disaster. I now see people more speaking about the mythic+ situation, where you get declined for many hours at a time, leaving majority of players frustrated.

    On the flip side I understand mythic+ key holders want a smooth/fast run, because it is too punshing if you fail, the cycle will continue, unless Blizzard decides to lesser the punishements, then people wouldn't care about success/failure ratio and decrease the decline ratio followed by increased Accept ratio in the LFG Premade tool.

    Coming back to the point made in [1], who is to blame, at the end of the day?
    Mythic plus creates more toxicity than LFG ever does.

    The issue in my eyes is M+ is a self managed player ran system which is why they stick so many self imposed hurdles on it to ensure it's a smooth run. These do and don't work always work. So you have a player base split on it saying hours of declines is shit but at the same time, "I really don't want to wipe and screw the key and waste my time so you all better not be shitters because I'm not".

    LFG is basically a levelling system which is irrelevant to anything end game so it's very rare people will create a major drama out of it as ultimately people can be replaced with a click of a button with minimal fuss and you aren't losing a key.

    The problem is the self managed system. We as the players create the problems in M+, we do not want to bring people to learn or gear up even in low mid m+ which breeds the current system and it's problems with shit like batshit r.io requirements, mental ilvl requirements exceeding gear drops and a general player base which is hostile to itself.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It was blizzard who decided that you cannot "queue" for a random party mythic+, and that allows people to be toxic when picking the party, and during the whole experience.
    What's your point.
    Blizzard doesn't allow me to queue into a guild either, so it allows people to be toxic when picking their guildies?

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Nope, you choose how you react to things. That's an undeniable fact.

    If someone rages at me, I make the conscious decision to either a) be toxic back, b) remain calm in my talking to them, or c) distance myself from them. Only one of those reactions are 'unacceptable'
    And why are they unacceptable(in the context of the game), go ahead and tell us.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Nowdays most players reject playing so they can sell playing with others as a service. Even guilds have started asking for gold to take members in. Everything has a price and blizzard takes its cut. Why change this?
    Players are not rejected just so those groups can sell a carry to those same players. They are rejected because the amount of groups are lower then the amount of applicants. You also just dismiss how people have always been rejected from groups even prior to gear score. Armory checking used to be a thing. Gear score, Radier.io and the other tools used over time has all come about because players wanted a way to find out who would be a weak link in the group.

    The Token being part of the game has nothing to do with that. Rejection has always been a part of WoW. There have always been guilds that require X from new members.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #132
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Players are not rejected just so those groups can sell a carry to those same players. They are rejected because the amount of groups are lower then the amount of applicants. You also just dismiss how people have always been rejected from groups even prior to gear score. Armory checking used to be a thing. Gear score, Radier.io and the other tools used over time has all come about because players wanted a way to find out who would be a weak link in the group.

    The Token being part of the game has nothing to do with that. Rejection has always been a part of WoW. There have always been guilds that require X from new members.
    Ofc it was always part of wow I still remember how much scrutiny went into inviting me to my first guild back in vanilla. Difference today is that if you offer to pay there won't be such scrutiny and many many times offering gold will cut through all the red tape. So anyone half competent suddenly sells a service instead of playing. Started with offering arena boosts now players can book their slot into M+ or raid FOR GOLD.

    Denying that wow group play is mostly for sale doesn't change the fact that it is. So next time you or anyone wonders why the community is shit why the subs are dwindling why the game goes to hell, you can come back and read this post.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Difference today is that if you offer to pay there won't be such scrutiny and many many times offering gold will cut through all the red tape.
    You could pay for carries in the past as well. Auction runs were a thing where everyone would bid on items and the gold earned would get split amongst people. WoW group play is not mostly for sale. Don't confuse seeing a lot of advertisments with it being the primary way to play. The community is crap partly because of attitudes like yours. You are not a prophet with some great revelation about the game.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-07-22 at 02:14 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #134
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Dude what? Everything you just wrote is wrong.

    Blizzard "killed" gearscore because it lagged servers the fuck out the more people used it. Blizzard immediately started showing ilvl ingame. Also: before gearscore players were judged by "come IF bridge" and got inspected since the beginning of the world (of warcraft).
    Yes because "come to IF bridge to be inspected" is the same as saying "oh I see you have done this key at +12 twenty five times and of those twenty five 3 were out of time and blablablabla.

    There is "checking someone out" and there is "making a science out of it to supposedly maximize efficiency" which in my eyes is stupid and obnoxious way to play. Ofc people who like it accept it and play but I have a right to detest this shit that turned wow into a p2p/p2w crap.

    Maybe I should have phrased my first post better in the sense that "there was nothing like rio" prior to rio. Rio is a great tool mind you but great tools in the hands of incompetent people become dangerous weapons. I have no doubt that rio is abused and utilized to create paying customers.

    In so many words, many players buy score with their gold. Not even gear.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    And why are they unacceptable(in the context of the game), go ahead and tell us.
    If you're not sure why it's bad to be toxic, I'm not sure what to tell you.

  16. #136
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You could pay for carries in the past as well. Auction runs were a thing where everyone would bid on items and the gold earned would get split amongst people. WoW group play is not mostly for sale. Don't confuse seeing a lot of advertisments with it being the primary way to play. The community is crap partly because of attitudes like yours. You are not a prophet with some great revelation about the game.
    I never claimed to be a prophet, it seems you have a great worry that opinions that you disagree with may be voiced. I didn't even care enough to insult you like you did. Our difference is I can tolerate your opinion. Hopefully you can do the same or at least stop quotting me and move on.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    If you're not sure why it's bad to be toxic, I'm not sure what to tell you.
    You could start by telling me why its bad to be toxic in wow, if you cant, well, that sums up how much thought you put into it i guess.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I never claimed to be a prophet, it seems you have a great worry that opinions that you disagree with may be voiced. I didn't even care enough to insult you like you did. Our difference is I can tolerate your opinion. Hopefully you can do the same or at least stop quotting me and move on.
    "So next time you or anyone wonders why the community is shit why the subs are dwindling why the game goes to hell, you can come back and read this post. "

    Seems like you are trying to be prophetic there. I don't care if opinions that are different from mine are voiced. Just don't try to act with authority and that claim is the only correct one just because you are making it. You keep trying to pin all the problems on carries while ignoring how those things all existed prior to them gaining in popularity.

    Carries may have magnified issues but they didn't create them. And most group play is not done through carries.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    You could start by telling me why its bad to be toxic in wow, if you cant, well, that sums up how much thought you put into it i guess.
    If you need to be told not to be toxic, then chances are you're already toxic and beyond help.

    Which, in my case I'm gonna take option C of distancing myself from you, and just blocking you so I don't have to deal with your idiocy.

    Thanks for playing, that was easy.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    If you need to be told not to be toxic, then chances are you're already toxic and beyond help.

    Which, in my case I'm gonna take option C of distancing myself from you, and just blocking you so I don't have to deal with your idiocy.

    Thanks for playing, that was easy.
    Good, glad we could come to the conclusion that you have no arguments, the ''mom told me to be nice'' one isn't really working in a discussion about human psychology.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •