Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Arcane pays way higher price if they fuck up in tracking boss mechanics, but everything has a timer and every decent player looks at transitions and dps CDs usage windows. Fire mage, Ret pala work exactly the same
    As fire you only have to care about the big ones that force you to move far away or immunity phases, because otherwise you are extremely mobile during your cooldowns. Arcane sadly does not have that luxury, as even sidestepping costs you dps. In general I wish they would make PoM castable while casting other stuff, like fire blast, because by the time you need it it's already too late.

I'm currently trying to get into arcane again, after dropping it in favor of fire earlier this expansion. But it's hard. The mobility is just addicting. I considered going frost, but I loathe the boring thermal void spam builds. GS or go home - I also didn't want to start over as venthyr from 0. So far I like there being some actual structure in arcane harmony, spamming just 1 button wasn't particularily interesting, outside of farming trash in the open world. Edit: I also could never really capitalize on the strength of fire in m+, as my group of friends isn't doing big pulls to make fire actually worth it. I get more out of AB cleave as sad as that is ...
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-05 at 04:11 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    As fire you only have to care about the big ones that force you to move far away or immunity phases, because otherwise you are extremely mobile during your cooldowns. Arcane sadly does not have that luxury, as even sidestepping costs you dps. In general I wish they would make PoM castable while casting other stuff, like fire blast, because by the time you need it it's already too late.

I'm currently trying to get into arcane again, after dropping it in favor of fire earlier this expansion. But it's hard. The mobility is just addicting. I considered going frost, but I loathe the boring thermal void spam builds. GS or go home - I also didn't want to start over as venthyr from 0. So far I like there being some actual structure in arcane harmony, spamming just 1 button wasn't particularily interesting, outside of farming trash in the open world. Edit: I also could never really capitalize on the strength of fire in m+, as my group of friends isn't doing big pulls to make fire actually worth it. I get more out of AB cleave as sad as that is ...
    Arcane is mobile. But Arcane is not for everyone. If you can't handle it, there is fire or frost.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    lol dude, you are so full of shit. You make arcane sound like this paramount complexity while the spec rotation as braindead as frost ST.
    You personally attack people as if you know everything, but you probably don't play Kyrian arcane right now (or if you do: you play it sub-optimally).
    Especially the "conservation-ish" phases of it are counter-intuitive even if you read Simcraft code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Arcane is mobile. But Arcane is not for everyone. If you can't handle it, there is fire or frost.
    You probably mean presence of mind. But even that is not clear cut. It's a tradeoff of dps so it's still more complex than other specs.

I don't like arcane, I am a frost person