Exclamation 10.0 Features Thread - MORE To Follow

As we embark through the Shadowlands, Azeroth is changing so rapidly. Below are some of the features you might...or might not see in 10.0. I will be posting some photos along with the story and the name of the next expansion. I do not know what the boundaries are when it comes to this stuff so I will leave you with what has been discussed and will be back shortly. From what I heard, they wanted to do a revamp of Azeroth before Shadowlands. After further discussion, they felt having Shadowlands first then coming back to a new Azeroth made much more sense also giving them more time to revamp a lot of the features within World of Warcraft.

-While we were distracted in the Shadowlands something bigger on Azeroth has brewed and new factions are being formed. The new revamped Azeroth will meet the current art style of the modern-day World of Warcraft. Beautiful skyboxes, darker nights, revamped textures, models and more.

-Gadgetztan is the new neutral City for both the Horde and the Alliance. It will be scaled up to size of what you would see in the Hearthstone expansion “Mean Streets of Gadgetztan.” The team took inspiration from the artwork shown.

-Caverns of Time is now a Full NEW playable zone. You can access it from below Gadgetzan with the help from Brann Bronzebeard. The entrance to Caverns of Time was destroyed.

-Brawlers Guild is being moved to Gadgetztan. It is totally revamped and will house tons of new Tournament’s players can attend on a weekly basis.

-All the loading screens for zones, dungeons, raids up to Legion are being redone and made into wide screen versions to make the game consistent throughout each expansion.

-The hearthstone is being removed from your bags and is going to be given its own tab/button on the new Stock UI/Interface. In your NEW collections tab you can now choose which hearthstone you want to be displayed (The hearthstones from toys etc.)

-The team is updating and totally revamping the original UI/Interface. It will animated portraits and will look totally different than the one we have had since Vanilla. The team felt they wanted to make Retail feel different then Classic since they both share similar UI. They wanted to keep it fresh and new to attract new people to the game. They want to make the game feel immersive again so they want to take some key features you might see in other add-ons such as Azerite UI and make it their own.

-Mounting Items are being added to the Blizzard Store and around Azeroth. A mounting item is something that summons your mount such as a Whistle, Violin, Harp, Cowbells, Etc. Basically place it in the new mount tab and boom, all done. It will be featured in the collections tab. The Collections Tab / Menu is totally redone and will hold all of your favorite Mounts, Toys, Pets, Mounting Items, Housing Items and TITLES.

-TINKER CLASS. They will be trained in a training facility located north of Gadgetztan in an underground facility on the side of the mountain. Only Tinkerers can enter as it can act as their Class Hall. 2 DPS Specs and 1 Healing Spec.

-Revised Talent System. Not a total redo but some spells are making a comeback such as the Mages Frostfire Bolt for example.

-Warlock Tank. Demonology is now turning into a Tanking spec.

-Theramore is BACK...But with a Twist and a whole new Storyline.

-RACIALS are being tweaked and will have a talent point system. The team felt they wanted the fantasy portion back to World of Warcraft. They want you to be proud of the race you have chosen. Few more race / class combos are being added as well.

-With new technology such as RTX etc. The team is implenting some new graphical features such Depth of Field. They feel it would make the world feel bigger and more alive and larger then it actually is. It basically blurs out the distance kind of like what Elder Scrolls Online does.

-Jeremy Soule is returning and will be composing some of the amazing music you will hear. He worked with Blizzard on the expansion “Mists of Pandaria.” The old zones will have their old soundtracks totally revived. Should be a treat.

-FISHING / ARCHEOLOGY are totally being redone. They are making the two professions a lot more fun. You will have to choose where to cast your Lure and keep pressing certain keys to keep the fish on the line. With Archeology you it will zoom into First Person through the lens. The team felt they both needed to be fun and interactive professions since they don’t technically serve a huge purpose. They wanted to add that extra element to the game that people could enjoy while not raiding etc.

-PLAYER HOUSING. Members feel it will destroy the community where some feel the collection part of it would make people play even more. It’s been a topic of discussion since the early days of WoW. The team will add in-game items you can find and collect in the new Collection Tab via Dungeons, Raid, and Hidden around Major Cities etc. The team is adding entrances per new zone revamp. If you want your house to be in Winterspring, sure there will be an entrance there. If you want it in Felwood, sure there will be a housing entrance there as well.

-All portals in-game will have the new portal animation/effect.

-A lot of the current professions will have items you can craft for player housing.

-The team want to revamp the current professions in World of Warcraft. It will be implemented at some point down the road. They feel they have to give them a fresh new approach to keep people engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Meefers View Post
    As we embark through the Shadowlands, Azeroth is changing so rapidly. Below are some of the features you might...or might not see in 10.0. I will be posting some photos along with the story and the name of the next expansion. I do not know what the boundaries are when it comes to this stuff so I will leave you with what has been discussed and will be back shortly. From what I heard, they wanted to do a revamp of Azeroth before Shadowlands. After further discussion, they felt having Shadowlands first then coming back to a new Azeroth made much more sense also giving them more time to revamp a lot of the features within World of Warcraft.
    Aha... "i heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who works for Blizzard"

-While we were distracted in the Shadowlands something bigger on Azeroth has brewed and new factions are being formed. The new revamped Azeroth will meet the current art style of the modern-day World of Warcraft. Beautiful skyboxes, darker nights, revamped textures, models and more.
    Excellent. If i might add:

Weather/Night time
    Although, technically in the game, it is barely felt. it was nerfed so much over the years, that zones feel static. It contributes to the feel of immersion and dynamity in zones. Blizzard should make weather effects proc more often and affect more zones. these are: Clouds, Fog, Lightning, Snow, Rainfall, Sandstorms and Snowstorms. other than rainfall, i don't think snowstorms or sandstorms occur in game. they should definitely do. Now, as for Night Time, it should be just like Inky Black Potion, and sometimes even as dark as in vault of the wardens dungeon (inside a cave, for example). This will increase immersion and the feel of threat in the world. there should also be a dusk time, sunrise and sunset.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...be-implemented

-Gadgetztan is the new neutral City for both the Horde and the Alliance. It will be scaled up to size of what you would see in the Hearthstone expansion “Mean Streets of Gadgetztan.” The team took inspiration from the artwork shown.
    Awesome as well. I'm all for it being a bustling and hustling city. Especially a Goblin, criminal one.

-Caverns of Time is now a Full NEW playable zone. You can access it from below Gadgetzan with the help from Brann Bronzebeard. The entrance to Caverns of Time was destroyed.
    It's about time they do something with it. It has so much missed potential - showing you all the great past events that aren't in the game itself.

-Brawlers Guild is being moved to Gadgetztan. It is totally revamped and will house tons of new Tournament’s players can attend on a weekly basis.
    I approve. The more challenging encounters Blizzard can put out, the better.

-All the loading screens for zones, dungeons, raids up to Legion are being redone and made into wide screen versions to make the game consistent throughout each expansion.
    Ok, i guess... Doesn't really matter to me.

-The hearthstone is being removed from your bags and is going to be given its own tab/button on the new Stock UI/Interface. In your NEW collections tab you can now choose which hearthstone you want to be displayed (The hearthstones from toys etc.)
    Same. Just a fun little niche.

-The team is updating and totally revamping the original UI/Interface. It will animated portraits and will look totally different than the one we have had since Vanilla. The team felt they wanted to make Retail feel different then Classic since they both share similar UI. They wanted to keep it fresh and new to attract new people to the game. They want to make the game feel immersive again so they want to take some key features you might see in other add-ons such as Azerite UI and make it their own.
    Ok. That would feel refreshing. I just wish they won't integrate too many helpful addons outside of UI, because we're already being spoonfed in the current gameplay.

-Mounting Items are being added to the Blizzard Store and around Azeroth. A mounting item is something that summons your mount such as a Whistle, Violin, Harp, Cowbells, Etc. Basically place it in the new mount tab and boom, all done. It will be featured in the collections tab. The Collections Tab / Menu is totally redone and will hold all of your favorite Mounts, Toys, Pets, Mounting Items, Housing Items and TITLES.
    Again. A nice little touch up.

-TINKER CLASS. They will be trained in a training facility located north of Gadgetztan in an underground facility on the side of the mountain. Only Tinkerers can enter as it can act as their Class Hall. 2 DPS Specs and 1 Healing Spec.
    Sounds wrong. A Tinker class would fit an Undermine expansion better:
    "Blizzard originally wanted to include Undermine in the original World of Warcraft along with goblins as a playable race, with Johnathan Staats describing it as "tinker town" and "crazy". However, as the team did not have a lot of goblin art assets, building the goblin homeland would have required "a ton" of work, leading to both Undermine and playable goblins being cut from classic WoW."

Plus, why would it have 2 DPS specs when it can tank with a mechanical suit?

-Revised Talent System. Not a total redo but some spells are making a comeback such as the Mages Frostfire Bolt for example.
    Just bring back the old talent system. Or, at least, incorporate some of its aspects into the current talent system.

-Warlock Tank. Demonology is now turning into a Tanking spec.
    That's interesting... how exactly? Do you suppose Beastmaster Hunters and Unholy Death Knights will be too? Warlocks were sort of tanks before because they had Metamorphosis. Now, they don't have it.

-Theramore is BACK...But with a Twist and a whole new Storyline.
    I'm cool with it. As long as crazy bitch Jaina comes back with revenge in her heart.

-RACIALS are being tweaked and will have a talent point system. The team felt they wanted the fantasy portion back to World of Warcraft. They want you to be proud of the race you have chosen. Few more race / class combos are being added as well.
    Incredible. I always thought racials were one of the most key aspects of a race in terms of RP and immersion. As well as new race/class combos, as long as they are well explained.

-With new technology such as RTX etc. The team is implenting some new graphical features such Depth of Field. They feel it would make the world feel bigger and more alive and larger then it actually is. It basically blurs out the distance kind of like what Elder Scrolls Online does.
    Sounds great. I was already impressed by the action camera playstyle option in WoW.

-Jeremy Soule is returning and will be composing some of the amazing music you will hear. He worked with Blizzard on the expansion “Mists of Pandaria.” The old zones will have their old soundtracks totally revived. Should be a treat.
    Great. The music for MoP cinematic and Burdens of Shaohao was great.

-FISHING / ARCHEOLOGY are totally being redone. They are making the two professions a lot more fun. You will have to choose where to cast your Lure and keep pressing certain keys to keep the fish on the line. With Archeology you it will zoom into First Person through the lens. The team felt they both needed to be fun and interactive professions since they don’t technically serve a huge purpose. They wanted to add that extra element to the game that people could enjoy while not raiding etc.
    Finally. It's about time they paid some attention to these. Might i add myself:

Riddle/Puzzle System
    Throughout Legion and Battle for Azeroth, Blizzard has added several secrets for the players to solve. This, in my eyes, should be a fully-fledged feature. As a lot of players like speculating and solving mysteries, this should be added in a future expansion as a feature - especially in an old gods expansion. It could be what archaeology should have been: full of lore, legendary rewards, mysteries and interactive events. The old gods and their minions could hint at us, the players, just like Il'gynoth does, at convoluted stuff for us, the players, to solve. Let the Puzzle box of Yog-Sarron, for example, be solvable. They could use stuff like Bottles washed ashore, containing encrypted messages. Or they can use treasure maps which we'll have to decipher. Outdoor chests (buried or exposed) could require a key or a spell to open.

Speaking of Archaeology, why not try and make it interesting like in Adventure movies, where you adventure into forgotten tombs and crypts. Make it dark, so you'll have to use a torch. Add traps everywhere (spikes, flames, quick sand, moving walls, etc). When you interact with objects, spawn a scary and tough elite mob or swarm the place with undead, forcing you to get out as fast as possible or to get help from a friend. When you finally find the artifact within, collapse the whole place, so you'll have to race against time before dying or getting stuck there.

Make tracking optional
    In order to do so, they should get rid of the arrow pointing to the location; exclamation/question marks on the map; blue marked areas on the map; and the new Shadowlands distance marker (the same applies to Archaeology, by the way, if you want to make it more interesting)

-PLAYER HOUSING. Members feel it will destroy the community where some feel the collection part of it would make people play even more. It’s been a topic of discussion since the early days of WoW. The team will add in-game items you can find and collect in the new Collection Tab via Dungeons, Raid, and Hidden around Major Cities etc. The team is adding entrances per new zone revamp. If you want your house to be in Winterspring, sure there will be an entrance there. If you want it in Felwood, sure there will be a housing entrance there as well.
    I, personally, feel like it would take the players out of the world, just like Garrisons did.
    And, that they have no real gameplay value outside of cosmetics.
    It would be nice as a secondary, non-mandatory, feature at best.

-All portals in-game will have the new portal animation/effect.
    I believe they should remove all portals:

Reduce the amount of Teleportation
    The amount of Teleportation within the game, whether it be portals or UI options, like Group Finder, make the world feel small and reduce immersion. instead of going to a place, even though time consuming, teleporting to a zone, a dungeon/raid or a battleground/arena, makes gameplay rather stale and convenient. it loses the immersion effect of traversing the world of azeroth, and even makes Mages feel useless and un-unique. Their portals and Teleport spells lose all advantage over other classes and makes them feel unnecessary.

-A lot of the current professions will have items you can craft for player housing.
    That's great for interactivity. More profession integration is always good.

-The team want to revamp the current professions in World of Warcraft. It will be implemented at some point down the road. They feel they have to give them a fresh new approach to keep people engaged.
    Great. I always advocated for better implemented professions:

Make Professions Great Again
    Leveling a profession these days has little to no value, and is considered a chore. Blizzard should make leveling a profession interesting with profession quest chains and Recipe hunts (plus, profession bonuses like Master of Anatomy and Toughness would be nice). In addition, professions should have more of an impact in combat. for example, so long as the tinker and alchemist classes aren't in the game, engineering and alchemy should have combat-oriented abilities. this will spice-up the gameplay, and make leveling such professions a worthwhile effort. As a whole, professions should give a clear advantage over other players who haven't got said profession. That means that crafting professions should provide the player with crafted material that is unavailable to other players, which will give them a clear advantage or a unique aesthetic. for example, gear crafted should be on par with other desirable gear obtained through other means, and should give the player a unique, exclusive looking items. The reagents, however, should be acquired the same way as other gear, in order to be on the same level. Revert the pruning that has been done to professions. Engineering used to have so many nick-knacks, Jewelcrafting had a lot of different gems with many different stats, and enchanting had so many enchants available. over the years it became so homogenized and pruned. bring back the abundancy of choices and diversity.

Since it's all wishful thinking, and not actually going to be implemented, i will write my own speculations as to what the next expansion could bring:

If it is Dragon Isles
    - A playable Dragonmen race, like they have planned before.
    - Blademaster class? The Dragonmen shown kinda looked like a Samurai. Or, an Alchemist class like the Dragonmen shown in Cataclysm.
    - Covenant-style Dragonflights system: Black, Blue, Bronze, Red and Green.
    - A mostly "chill" expansion like Pandaria. Less emphasis on the big, great threat.
    - Releasing Dragons from being crystallized like in Spyro, the dragon game?
    -Storylines would be based on currently known Dragonflight issues: Red vs Death, Green vs Nightmare, Blue vs Arcane magic, Bronze vs Infinite, and Black vs corruption.
    - We would be meeting new dragonflights, experimented-on ones, and we'll probably help them renew their Dragonflights and their powers through taking care of their eggs and imbuing them with long lost powers.
    - Big bad threat of the expansion would be Galakrond.

If it is Light vs Void expansion
    - Faction system implemented. Instead of Alliance vs Horde, it would be Light followers vs Void followers.
    - The Lightbound would be either a threat or a friend, depending on who you chose to align with.
    - The Void Ethereals would be either a threat or a friend, depending on who you chose to align with.
    - We would see the Light crystallized worlds, mentioned in the audiobook about Alleria and Turalyon, and help their residents against the tyranny of Light.
    - We would visit K'aresh and help the Ethereals against Dimensius.
    - Ethereal playable race?
    -Calia-like undead allied race?
    - Shadow Hunter class (they are said to walk the line between Light and Darkness)?
    - hopefully an implemented Riddle/Puzzle system for our good ol' buddies, the Old Gods, to spread solvable hints for us.
    - Follower system of sort? as part of your affiliation, you are required to convert as many people as possible to your side. A multiple dialogue options system implemented.
    - You would be struggling with Light fanaticism and Void madness like in the bar of 8.3's horrific visions? Turn too much into the Light and you would become a robotic follower of the Light. Turn too much into the Void and you will fall into madness, harming your allies.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-07-22 at 08:45 AM.

Last time round you absolutely nailed it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...EAK?p=51725309

i can only get so wet

10+ Year Old Account
    non realistic wishes #74
    but fun to read
    I don't want a revamp personally, wow 2 much more preferable to me
    if they change too much stuff they will divide their revenue per 10
    players that play now like the game as it is, and changing it won't make new people magically come, but instead make players disgusted by the time they spent in the game

also this brings me back to 7 years ago
    "revamped" models and other things already happened bro
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-07-22 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice fanfic, bruv.

Demonology is turned into a tanking spec
    Yeah, not with the current Blizzard devs. Nice fanfic.

is it the new tinker thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post

So, judging by previous post, we can expect NOTHING on this one would be in 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    non realistic wishes #74
    but fun to read
    I don't want a revamp personally, wow 2 much more preferable to me
    if they change too much stuff they will divide their revenue per 10
    players that play now like the game as it is, and changing it won't make new people magically come, but instead make players disgusted by the time they spent in the game

also this brings me back to 7 years ago
    "revamped" models and other things already happened bro
    I'm more of an RTS guy, but realistically the current Wow model is so much more profitable
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Pretty realistic attempt. Missing a name, to really make the rumor spread. But, I suppose that's so you can claim you were right, if the next expansion has any of this.

Easily debunked by you predicting most of the same stuff for 9.0 and being totally wrong, of course. There is no real leaked info here, just fanfic. If folks couldn't tell because of Tinkers. Still, 8/10 for the attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post

He, basically, copy pasted his last thread.