Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Has the silicone problem gotten better? I haven't bothered to look in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    For CPUs this has long ben under control. The GPU market is still in shambles and looking to stay that way until probably closer to 2022. Nvidia trying to get a new GPU out that they can jack the price up on now that they see what people are willing to pay scalpers. Its easier for them to release something new at a higher MSRP than raising the price on an existing GPU line.

It isnt the silicon itself or lack thererof, at least for CPUs, its just a lack of production capacity in general. I.E. TSMC only has so many hours in the day available and they are all booked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    It isnt the silicon itself or lack thererof, at least for CPUs, its just a lack of production capacity in general. I.E. TSMC only has so many hours in the day available and they are all booked up.
    Thanks for the technical explanation, now thankfully someone above actually understood the spirit of the question.

Will the motherboard I chose work with Windows11?

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Will the motherboard I chose work with Windows11?
    Anything in the last 5+ years will. Its basically a non-issue unless your computer is ancient. Worst thing you might have to do is change some seattings in the EFI/BIOS if they defaulted to off instead of on.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the technical explanation, now thankfully someone above actually understood the spirit of the question.
    I was answering the spirit. Because of the lack of space on fabs, some AMD CPUs are STILL vaporware. I stopped by my local Microcenter on Fri because i was right down the block for another reason. While i was checking out the Open Box stuff i overheard one of the DIY area guys telling some customers that their stock is wildly unpredictable. Some weeks they get just one or two of a CPU and the next week, none, and then itll be fine for a week. This particular week they had 5800X... and nothing else except some 2600Xs left over. I wouldnt expect availability to be great even on new SKUs. Online retailers might be more reliable, however, as they dont have locational issues.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-08-02 at 12:19 AM.