Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Gross, and I was just getting back into retail then this happened, unsubbed.

    It seems Blizzard needs a titanic culture shift and the first baby step starts with taking responsibility. The blame shifting statement they released is the polar opposite of responsibility, I may never spend another dime on their product. Pity, I was looking forward to D2:res and D4.

  2. #202
    Why are there idiots acting like any of this is new? It happens nearly every other year and few, if any, of the companies nailed have shutdown. How's Riot doing these days after their sexual harassment situation?

  3. #203
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Ewh, I´d think it is the other way around...
    The original wow crew had completely different ethics, they cared about the consumer. OF something, I´d think it is the second or third generation who maybe took it for granted and acted this way. They are the ones who, afte rall ,destroyed the game too.
    Afrasibai was with blizzard since 2004 it was defiantly the older blizzard crew rather that be them being involved directly or covering it up there's no way people like morhime didn't know.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  4. #204
    Field Marshal Musicman835's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Murderland
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Afrasibai was with blizzard since 2004 it was defiantly the older blizzard crew rather that be them being involved directly or covering it up there's no way people like morhime didn't know.
    Especially since Brack knew. According to this section in the complaint.

    Absolutely. it seems to have been an ongoing issue.

    "47. In a blatant example of Defendants' refusal to deal with a harasser because of his seniority/position, Alex Afrasiabi, the former Senior Creative Director of World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment, was permitted to engage in blatant sexual harassment with little to no repercussions. During a company event (an annual convention called Blizz Con) Afrasiabi would hit on female employees, telling him he wanted to marry them, attempting to kiss them, and putting his arms around them. This was in plain view of other male employees, including supervisors, who had to intervene and pull him off, female employees. Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the "Crosby Suite" after alleged rapist Bill Crosby. Afrasiabi would also call females derogatory names at company events. Afrasiabi's conduct was known to Blizzard Entertainment's executives, who took no effective remedial measures. J.Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment, allegedly had multiple conversations with Afrasiabi about his drinking and that he had been "too friendly" towards female employees at company events but gave Afrasiabi a slap on the wrist (i.e. verbal counseling) in response to these incidents. Subsequently, Afrasiabi continued to make unwanted advances towards female employees, including grabbing a female employee's hand and inviting her to his hotel room and groping another woman."
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So much outrage, but how many are ACTUALLY going to take their gaming time and money elsewhere?
    Already did. The only reason i did not deleted blizz account is because my brother play on that same account.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Btw, what's Vi versus Emacs?
    vi is an old-school minimal text-editor on Unix and later other OS.
    Emacs is an old-school super-advanced text-editor (or according to some a full-fledged program only lacking a text-editor!; seriously it had its own text-based adventure game) on Unix etc.

    Basically Mac vs. Pc / Android vs iPhone for an even older generation.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If my memory serves me right, ActiBlizz is well within its rights to see the evidence being used against them before litigation. Procedural stuff is not my forte, but I think this is the case.

    Regardless of innocence or guilt, ActiBlizz would likely respond the same way. One has to keep in mind that even filing such claims are a huge PR issue, even if nothing comes out. Heck, these forums have tons of people ready to instantly condemn ActiBlizz just based upon the accusations, which means the PR damage is already being done. The court filing's introduction is just as accusatory as ActiBlizz's statement, as this is how the game is played.

    I think people should always have a healthy bit of skepticism when it comes to matters like these, as it's never just black or white. Personally, I wouldn't put it past the DFEH (as a government body itself) to be embellishing the situation to make it seem way worse than it is. I mean California has never been known to have governmental agencies to overreach or do shady things, right? That's not to say this suit is one such instance, it may be 100% legit, but it also may not be. This is why you want to let these things play out, as you should not just automatically trust government or large corporations and what they tell you without verification.
    ATVI saw the evidence and allegations previously to the filing of the lawsuit. It's in the filing, I strongly recommend you read it before posting nonsense like this. Read the filing, and pay attention to sections 17 through 20. They list the process they've followed, and the timeline.

    - The DFEH originally filed and served a complaint of Group or Systemic Investigation and a Director's complaint for Group/Class Relief against Blizzard. (Bold mine) October 12th, 2018. On the 29th of that same month, they amended the complaint to include Activision-Blizzard as a whole.

    - They then continued to investigate, and 2 years later issued a cause finding on June 24th of this year, bolstering the findings in the 2018 complaint, along with new evidence they found while investigating.

    - DFEH attempted to resolve this out of court in mediation sessions on July 1st, 2nd, and 15th of this year, or earlier this month. These sessions did not accomplish anything. By government code, the DFEH is then within it's rights to file a lawsuit, which they did, and states that the deadline to do so was July 21st of 2021 - "By operation of a signed agreement between the parties", or between DFEH and Activision Blizzard.

    To equate the results of a 2 year investigation with witnesses who will testify in court to Blizzard's awful response as a "game" is flabbergasting. Blizzards own statement you're using as a defense of them refers to them providing the DFEH with documents and data over the problems the DFEH identified in their previous complaints they filed in 2018 and Blizzard was aware of. How you can sit there and post that Blizzard had no access or knowledge of the allegations is inconceivable, unless you're purposefully trying to muddy the waters on the events here in favor of Blizzard, or just sheer ignorance based on what you think is going on, and not bothering to read the document that is central to the entire discussion.

    I won't even bother trying to wrap reason or common sense around "ThE sTaTe iS JuSt LyIng!" happy horseshit.

    It's entirely correct to wait until a court renders a verdict in all of this. It is not correct to make statements of fact that are entirely fiction in defense of one side of the dispute, by implying Blizzard's rights were denied and they didn't have any idea what the DFEH was accusing them with, as that is factually and utterly untrue.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Ewh, I´d think it is the other way around...
    The original wow crew had completely different ethics, they cared about the consumer. OF something, I´d think it is the second or third generation who maybe took it for granted and acted this way. They are the ones who, afte rall ,destroyed the game too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Doesn´t count tho as apologizing is an automatic Japanese response, it is intrinsic in their culture. So its value is not as strong as it might be in other places where it is not an automatic response, but you actually mean it.

    Not saying that he didn´t mean it.. but that´s the truth.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not really. For what we know, this might not even be true at all.
    But it seems to be, so all we can do is wait and see what comes out of it. I don´t think much will happen tho, the company has to keep running and that´s the priority, I`d guess.
    Good thing is that a cleansing might come out of it.
    You can't be serious right? The one man actually named in the lawsuit is Alex Afrasiabi who has been with Blizz since before WoW launched and he was allegedly involved in an incident in 2013. This goes waaaaay back. You don't get to blame this shit on Activision or whatever.

    This is as old Blizzard as it fucking gets.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is this a new culture? Like has this been going on for over a decade without us knowing or a recent problem?
    a new "culture"? No, it's a bunch of assholes who thought they could do the nasty shit they did- and now maybe they'll pay fore it. Nothing "cultural" about it.

  10. #210
    I am Murloc! Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    5,399
    Damn I knew things were bad in Blizzard but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad....

    I wonder if Jeff Kaplan sudden leaving because he knew that shit will hit the fan pretty soon?

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    Someone's an incel by the looks of it.
    He's not wrong in that their are social justice warriors going around trying to cancel anybody for anything. And these days people tend to be judged before anybody knows any of the facts...especially by twitter people. But claiming that someone is an "incel" because their narrative doesn't fully support yours only creates more division and doesn't make any attempt at actual discussion. Children are behaving badly these days because adults are behaving like bad children.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Damn I knew things were bad in Blizzard but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad....

    I wonder if Jeff Kaplan sudden leaving because he knew that shit will hit the fan pretty soon?
    being part of the company wouldn't absolve him of anything if he himself took part. After a while...people just want to leave- especially if it isn't even the same company you started out at 25-30 years earlier when it was still indy and not quite beholden to people in suits and ties.

  12. #212
    Was already not fan of Shittylands lately, now with this disgusting sexual harassment news, I'm done. Cancelling my sub.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You can't be serious right? The one man actually named in the lawsuit is Alex Afrasiabi who has been with Blizz since before WoW launched and he was allegedly involved in an incident in 2013. This goes waaaaay back. You don't get to blame this shit on Activision or whatever.

    This is as old Blizzard as it fucking gets.
    Let's be clear here, Alex Afrasiabi is not on trial here. He is given as one of the worst examples of how Blizzard management (J Allen specifically) failed to adequately deal with blatant misbehavior by Afrasiabi, and by extension, other employees, by the DFEH. It doesn't matter how far back it goes, who worked there at the time, the culture the state is claiming exists is the problem, and remedy for that is the purpose of this lawsuit, and it will be on the entire management and leadership of Blizzard if proven true. They're going to use stories like Afrasiabi's to show a judge and jury how and why the complaints of the women they've investigated have merit. Blizzard's lawyers will have to show that either the environment didn't exist, which is a steep hill considering Afrasiabi is no longer working there, or that they've remedied the cultural issues, and the state will argue what they've done isn't enough. At least that's what I see reading the complaint and Blizzard's response.

    There's a lot of wild accusations and speculation and such - bound to happen, but if you focus on the actual complaint, and what the state wants, and then read Blizzard's response, it's not hard to avoid falling into the lures and bait from people with an agenda. This is a fairly nasty lawsuit, with significant implications for Blizzard if they lose, and the hit to their public relations couldn't have happened at a worse time, for sure. But this isn't about Afrasiabi specifically. He's just the example for the toxic workplace the state is trying to establish in defense of the employees who this is over. I'm not a lawyer, and this is my conjecture, take for what you paid for it.

  14. #214
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    ...He's not wrong in that their are social justice warriors going around trying to cancel anybody for anything....
    I would recommend not going that route on this thread. I understand your point and have my own opinions and challenges to yours, but a mod can come any second and lock the whole thread because of "derailing", or maybe other rea$ons.

  15. #215
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Oh excuse me! I didn't see that, then clearly the whole case is bogus and infested with misinformation!

    /S in case it wasn't obvious
    Typos are surprisingly common in the legal world.

  16. #216
    Now that WoW is dead because of this & some of them are going to prison unless the state of california is lying, they have proof so that is how it is, FF14 will have about a million more subscribers next month & they already broke user record recently, good times in Japan.

    When I say that half of Blizzard has sperm banned themselves from the games industry it's not any misunderstaning on my part, read the god damn case files that the state of california did, (Bobby is probaby safe tho :CCC but it all goes very high & there IS proof.
    Last edited by squidgod; 2021-07-22 at 10:55 PM.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    USA has a sick culture, and it will continue with nothing happening. Nothing changed with Riot games, nothing will here. I litterally never hear about these things in Europe or most countries outside of the USA...In my small ass country Denmark we just had some politicians being creeps, thats about it.
    Denmark is also a tiny country compared to the US. It's a simple numbers game. I know it's "hip" to hate on the US but truth is -- this is a simple numbers game.

    You probably don't hear about these things because they aren't in the ecosystems you are around. You're only hearing about this specific one because of your interest in WoW (or whatever reason you visit this site).

    But it's quite clear you have no understanding of the common cultures in the US.

    Your statement is about as silly as those misleading headlines that say "over in Japan, they do X" when, in reality, it's just one small portion in a few businesses.

    The problem here is people are incapable of honest discourse about the situation. People, like you, have broad inaccurate assumptions that take more time to dispel than spent actually discussing the actual topic.

    It's more difficult to convince a person they are wrong than to fool them in the first place.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Why are there idiots acting like any of this is new? It happens nearly every other year and few, if any, of the companies nailed have shutdown. How's Riot doing these days after their sexual harassment situation?
    They didnt have any boss-subordinate rape suicide & Blizz has more normal players which care A LOT more than hardcores.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by squidgod View Post
    Now that WoW is dead because of this & some of them are going to prison unless the state of california is lying, they have proof so that is how it is, FF14 will have about a million more subscribers next month & they already broke user record recently, good times in Japan.

    When I say that half of Blizzard has sperm banned themselves from the games industry it's not any misunderstaning on my part, read the god damn case files that the state of california did, (Bobby is probaby safe tho :CCC but it all goes very high & there IS proof.
    Nobody that anyone knows of is going to prison, or is in risk of prison, from this lawsuit, as it is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal one. The state is seeking remedy in the form of reparations and change of Blizzard's business practices.

    Criminal charges could spring from this, but currently none have been filed, that anyone is aware of.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    It's at both and multiple levels. There's complaints specifically talking about Blizzard and Activision

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nope, they had the power, they have part of the responsibility

    I received a survey about this a couple of years ago by the lawyers suing ATVI now. What I told them now (and here) is that what I saw was complete opposite at 3100. We promoted a female to run all of ATVI studios for Call of Duty. She has 0 production experience but started at ATVI as a HR intern. They recently promoted another strong female candidate to head up Call of Duty with little experience with production or Call of Duty franchise. She is smart, very smart though. No doubt both are qualified. COD has been strong and even stronger with them at the helm.

    VV head of studio is female and she is now part of Blizzard leadership. Many of the steakholders I needed approvals from are female. Many leadership roles at the org are female. Everyone was treated fairly, but i'm not saying people are lying. I just never saw it myself. I think ATVI was a great place to work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •