Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    The shills cant stop playing the game while they are treated like shit, i doubt that group of people have the emotional intelligence to care about this

  2. #282
    i will keep play WoW,HotS and OW and there is nothing you can do about it. boycott IS not the solution!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah his post can be summed up as "Oh No! Blizzard drove one of their employees to suicide! Anyway, 9.1 is so fun!"
    its like that anyway top gear meme. Fits perfect

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    i will keep play WoW,HotS and OW and there is nothing you can do about it. boycott IS not the solution!
    No it is the solution..just the sad reality that

    A. Most don't care
    B. Internet rage lasts as long as a carnival goldfish
    C. This thread will prove soon that internet rage is and always will be..a meme

  4. #284
    Damn, that is a seriously wordy, defensive response. Guilty af.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Damn, that is a seriously wordy, defensive response. Guilty af.
    "We didnt do this, but if we did we changed when we were caught doing it. California didn't cooperate as they let us know about this investigation and requested documents, they're just awful and killing businesses with their far over reach of ensuring we didnt do this illegal and amoral thing that we didnt do but stopped doing."

    There I summed it up.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah his post can be summed up as "Oh No! Blizzard drove one of their employees to suicide! Anyway, 9.1 is so fun!"
    Now this suicide story is really bad and serious and all that. However what Bloomberg said/implied and what the document says is very different and from the info we've gathered so far we actually do not know about the conditions that drove this woman to commit suicide. Bloomberg heavily implies that Blizzard employees drove her to that (though they do not explicitly state that either), but the doc doesn't clearly state that. Out of all the things mentioned in this document, this is probably the one case where MORE info is required and where judging blizzard beforehand is the most stupid thing to do. Maybe her harassment (which to the doc's knowledge only 1 person apparently knew about) lead to her suicide, maybe it was one of many other things or maybe it didn't have anything to do with that.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think you need to look at the difference between proof and evidence.
    As to your 2nd point, perjury does happen:

    https://www.law.umich.edu/special/ex...nualReport.pdf

    103 of the 129 cases that were exonerated in 2020 included perjury. So yes, it does happen regardless of how serious it is.
    Already did unlike you

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proof

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/evidence


    Definition of evidence

    (Entry 1 of 2)
    1a : an outward sign : indication
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically : something legally submitted to a tribunal to ascertain the truth
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    you cannot be an incel and rapist.
    Nice of you to equate rape with consensual sex...real rapey behaviour. You need putting on a watchlist and should never be around women.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I like how in the response they say, "OMG, the state didn't want to work with us during their investigation!" ... um, Blizz, it's an investigation on wrong-doing. They're not here to be your friends. They're here to root out garbage. They smelled smoke and knew there was fire and no, that doesn't include giving you the opportunity to put it out. You HAD that opportunity and blew it.

    As for anyone saying "why didn't victims speak up sooner" ... if you were in the victim's place and had the courage to do so, good for you. you're mighty. Considering the day and age we're in where these people have to continue working in the industry, if not the COMPANY, where abuse took place and takes place, being a whistleblower could easily mean having to find a new line of work completely. If you don't think AAA game development isn't a "club" like Hollywood is... you're wrong.
    Now you are generally correct with the whistleblowing, however I wonder why some of them wouldn't just quit working or it would be at least good to know if they tried to find another job. Like I get it that people in poor countries and people with bad education don't really have it easy with finding a job and thus often have to deal with harassment, exploitation etc. (interestingly this topic gets nowadays brought up a lot in high-skilled and well payed industries like IT, but often no one's talking about other branches, but that's a topic for another time). However as someone who's working as a software dev for a big company in Europe, I've always had many opportunities to just switch to another company if I didn't like my current job. So I am shocked that many of these women supposedly just "dealt with" the harassment, let alone that one case where a suicide could be related to blizzard. Like things cannot be that over there?

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Now this suicide story is really bad and serious and all that. However what Bloomberg said/implied and what the document says is very different and from the info we've gathered so far we actually do not know about the conditions that drove this woman to commit suicide. Bloomberg heavily implies that Blizzard employees drove her to that (though they do not explicitly state that either), but the doc doesn't clearly state that. Out of all the things mentioned in this document, this is probably the one case where MORE info is required and where judging blizzard beforehand is the most stupid thing to do. Maybe her harassment (which to the doc's knowledge only 1 person apparently knew about) lead to her suicide, maybe it was one of many other things or maybe it didn't have anything to do with that.
    It stated she was harrased and they passed around nudes of her.

    The actual details are still damning. Stop mindlessly defending them.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Nice of you to equate rape with consensual sex...real rapey behaviour. You need putting on a watchlist and should never be around women.
    ???

    Ok I shouldn't be around my wife and children then I guess? Hard to tell if you are trying to bait me or you really need to see a doctor.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It stated she was harrased and they passed around nudes of her.
    Passing around nudes of any kind in a workplace is a violation of the law (creating a hostile work environment). Passing around nudes of an employee? Even worse.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    If you didn't get your COVID shot it's probably too late now, you fool.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It stated she was harrased and they passed around nudes of her.

    The actual details are still damning. Stop mindlessly defending them.
    What is wrong with some people in this thread? I am not defending Blizzard, I actually do think that what the document says is concerning and I trust the State of California. HOWEVER, the document does not explicitly state that her suicide is linked with Blizzard employees or the actual cause. The passing of her nudes, regardless of outcome is already pretty bad however. Still, it is only fair to not instantly jump to conclusions, when neither you or me know shit about this situation yet.

    But as it looks like I am just a blizzard apologist and possibly a rapist, because I am not instantly calling for the lynching of blizzard employees, before the case had actually even started.

  14. #294
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    i will keep play WoW,HotS and OW and there is nothing you can do about it. boycott IS not the solution!
    Boycott IS the solution but the vast majority are way too brainwashed and addicted to blizzard's trash products. Proof of the worst stuff imaginable could come up about blizzard and most will still be "oh well I need to grind my anime power and socket re-re-re-reforge, cya" .

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Now this suicide story is really bad and serious and all that. However what Bloomberg said/implied and what the document says is very different and from the info we've gathered so far we actually do not know about the conditions that drove this woman to commit suicide. Bloomberg heavily implies that Blizzard employees drove her to that (though they do not explicitly state that either), but the doc doesn't clearly state that. Out of all the things mentioned in this document, this is probably the one case where MORE info is required and where judging blizzard beforehand is the most stupid thing to do. Maybe her harassment (which to the doc's knowledge only 1 person apparently knew about) lead to her suicide, maybe it was one of many other things or maybe it didn't have anything to do with that.
    You sure you want to defend people who also took photos of the deceased's vagina and passed them around? Because that's also illegal. If you want to die on that hill so be it.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You sure you want to defend people who also took photos of the deceased's vagina and passed them around? Because that's also illegal. If you want to die on that hill so be it.
    No I am not defending them, holy shit...

    Seriously, can you guys for once stop implying random BS I didn't say nor the actual court case??

    If anything, all you are doing is making it harder for the victims by acting this way.

    EDIT: btw. just to be clear, that's what the document says about the nude photos (one photo in fact):
    "Another employee confirmed that the deceased female MAY have been suffering from other sexual harassment at work prior to her death. Specifically, at a holiday party before her death, male co-workers were ALLEGED to be passing a picture of the deceased's vagina"

    IF this is TRUE, then this is really bad and unacceptable. But still, the document states according to one employee she might've been sexually harassed before and thus implying that her suicide might be related to this. This could be true and if they confirm it is, then this is fine, but until then the document specifically does not clearly state that this was the reason she committed suicide. They are way more direct and specific on all other points, keep that in mind.

    Just because I am not interpreting things right away and drawing a conclusion already with this little info, it doesn't mean that I am defending them. Being neutral and waiting things out first does not equate to defending anyone. Just because I don't want to lynch them, doesn't mean I am defending them. Again, this sort of behaviour like yours and others who attack me for being a shill or whatever, none of you is doing anything productive or helpful to the situation. You're not doing the victims any favours here.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-07-23 at 12:28 PM.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Already did unlike you

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proof

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/evidence


    Definition of evidence

    (Entry 1 of 2)
    1a : an outward sign : indication
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically : something legally submitted to a tribunal to ascertain the truth
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    b : something that furnishes proof : testimony specifically
    Proof requires evidence. Not all evidence constitutes proof.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What is wrong with some people in this thread? I am not defending Blizzard, I actually do think that what the document says is concerning and I trust the State of California. HOWEVER, the document does not explicitly state that her suicide is linked with Blizzard employees or the actual cause. The passing of her nudes, regardless of outcome is already pretty bad however. Still, it is only fair to not instantly jump to conclusions, when neither you or me know shit about this situation yet.

    But as it looks like I am just a blizzard apologist and possibly a rapist, because I am not instantly calling for the lynching of blizzard employees, before the case had actually even started.
    It doesnt state its linked to a blizzard employee? It directly states it occured after harrasement and on a trip with her harraser.

    Stop defending blizzard. Stop purpusefully misinterpreting details.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You sure you want to defend people who also took photos of the deceased's vagina and passed them around? Because that's also illegal. If you want to die on that hill so be it.
    So you have proof the people did it ? Awesome lock them up. Or do you want to just for fun now put a few hundred blizzard employees to jail ? passed around means how many people saw it? 2? 4? 6? out of how many again?

    I really hope you dont lead a big company or I may have some bad news for you. There is always a group of people doing illegal stuff under your nose. tyhe bigger the company the more often it happens.

    However all I see here is a witch hunt which hasnt decided who to burn first

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    No I am not defending them, holy shit...

    Seriously, can you guys for once stop implying random BS I didn't say nor the actual court case??

    If anything, all you are doing is making it harder for the victims by acting this way.
    > The document released by the government says the woman killed herself due to the sexual relationship with her superior

    > You: "where's the evidence though"

    The evidence was found and collected after over 2 years of classified investigation by the government, and directly links the woman's suicide to her (abusive) sexual relationship with the superior.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    So you have proof the people did it ? Awesome lock them up. Or do you want to just for fun now put a few hundred blizzard employees to jail ? passed around means how many people saw it? 2? 4? 6? out of how many again?

    I really hope you dont lead a big company or I may have some bad news for you. There is always a group of people doing illegal stuff under your nose. tyhe bigger the company the more often it happens.

    However all I see here is a witch hunt which hasnt decided who to burn first
    Yes, I have evidence, that of the US Government. And I trust them over you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •