Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But, they are? Are you blind? A woman killed herself because of it. You really think it's all fake?
    Suicide is always the decision of the person doing it. There's no such thing as " He made me kill myself ".

    And so far we have seen no evidence of it. This is a civil suit, anyway. If they were so confident in Blizzard wrongdoings why aren't they trying to put people behind bars?

  2. #342
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    You are just as suspected to have done the same in my eyes. So you are a criminal now?
    There should be a limit to fanboism. Your comments not only prove that there isn't one but they also insult my intelligence.
    @starstationprofm you are right,suicide is always the decision of a person doing it. Yet life events might make you think that it's the only thing left to do.

    I bet the earliest you'll see any evidence is going to be in front of the judge, not earlier. Assuming there is one. I hope that these accusations won't stand but seeing recently how toxic work atmosphere can be and how abusive bosses are I allow myself to wonder how this case end. time will tell.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-07-23 at 11:33 PM.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Wow dude... You are so brave...
    We are here to discuss not saying 'idiot' or 'you piece od shit' to each other.
    Calm down.
    I am sorry. I literally have to agree with him on what he said.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And that letter that J. Allen Brack made is pitiful as well. Basically 2 things are happening with him.

    1. He either comes to work and goes straight to his office and shuts the door. Not giving a damn about what is going on in the company with employees, or.......

    2. He is lying his ass off in the letter.

    Either way he needs to be fired. His leadership is pitiful.
    People on this thread only get pissed at you when you don't agree with them...FACT

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    These cases are extremely difficult to tilt in favour of the defendant, it's usually ''my word against his/hers''. Unless they have actual text messages, audio and video recordings but that stuff can also be easily invalidated in court if gathered improperly but US laws are weird in this regard.

    Odds are, ActiBlizz will lawyer up and settle quietly.
    Wrong. In most sexual assault/harassment cases, the predators actually evade justice. Again, try to do some research instead of posting your hunches and beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I bet the earliest you'll see any evidence is going to be in front of the judge, not earlier. Assuming there is one. I hope that these accusations won't stand but seeing recently how toxic work atmosphere can be and how abusive bosses are I allow myself to wonder how this case end. time will tell.
    Based on the accounts and testimony from the victims provided you have to be completely dumb in order to need a judge to tell you that these things happened. And even dumber, to then believe that nothing wrong has happened if the court decides the predators at Blizzard are innocent
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    There should be a limit to fanboism. Your comments not only prove that there isn't one but they also insult my intelligence.
    @starstationprofm you are right,suicide is always the decision of a person doing it. Yet life events might make you think that it's the only thing left to do.

    I bet the earliest you'll see any evidence is going to be in front of the judge, not earlier. Assuming there is one. I hope that these accusations won't stand but seeing recently how toxic work atmosphere can be and how abusive bosses are I allow myself to wonder how this case end. time will tell.
    I will only believe evidence that is shown to a official person handling the law and who can make a decision about its audentici ? Yes, yes and tripple yes. And while you are now act all smarter. They way you believe ‚‘ evidence‘‘ every street homless person could call you a pedophile and in your world that would be HARD EVIDENCE.

    Just relax, put your pitchfork away and let the legal system make a decision

  6. #346
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I will only believe evidence that is shown to a official person handling the law and who can make a decision about its audentici ? Yes, yes and tripple yes. And while you are now act all smarter. They way you believe ‚‘ evidence‘‘ every street homless person could call you a pedophile and in your world that would be HARD EVIDENCE.

    Just relax, put your pitchfork away and let the legal system make a decision
    I suggest that you take a step back and take a deep breath. If you'd read my previous posts you'd see that I'm against witch hunting Blizzard now until judge sentence them for their crimes (if it comes to that).

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    There should be a limit to fanboism. Your comments not only prove that there isn't one but they also insult my intelligence.
    @starstationprofm you are right,suicide is always the decision of a person doing it. Yet life events might make you think that it's the only thing left to do.

    I bet the earliest you'll see any evidence is going to be in front of the judge, not earlier. Assuming there is one. I hope that these accusations won't stand but seeing recently how toxic work atmosphere can be and how abusive bosses are I allow myself to wonder how this case end. time will tell.
    It will probably be settled out of court and the liberals on Reddit will continue assuming guilt.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I suggest that you take a step back and take a deep breath. If you'd read my previous posts you'd see that I'm against witch hunting Blizzard now until judge sentence them for their crimes (if it comes to that).
    My apologie, it seems my english was lacking here again. I understood your sentence in a way thag you implied, that for me it would only count as evidence when a judge says so, but that you imply it is already only based on accusation evidence.

  9. #349
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    My apologie, it seems my english was lacking here again. I understood your sentence in a way thag you implied, that for me it would only count as evidence when a judge says so, but that you imply it is already only based on accusation evidence.
    No worries, apologies accepted My way of thinking is that I allow the possibility that the charges are true but I'll hold my judgment until the court decides if the evidence is hard enough. The last company I worked in was really toxic I believe that such things like the ones stated in the lawsuit could happen but let's not burn people at stakes basing on accusations only.

  10. #350
    They need to do a phased withdrawal from California. They should go to a state like Texas where all the other companies from California are going. Let California burn. The place isn’t like it used to be. Stay in California to get a company going and then move the heck out.

  11. #351
    Huh, that's interesting to hear for sure. I'm curious in hearing what the verdict is in the end when all is said and done. I havent played the game in a while but this news was crazy to see.

    I'm not one of those people who are into the "cancel culture cancer" specifically, but there are some exceptions (as far as I recall Quinton was fired or replaced nd think was proven innocent?) So it varies. From one mishap you can essentially ruin an entire person's built career/life based on false allegation's etc which is a so idiotic to do.
    Last edited by SerratedEdge252; 2021-07-25 at 05:24 AM.

  12. #352
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I suggest that you take a step back and take a deep breath. If you'd read my previous posts you'd see that I'm against witch hunting Blizzard now until judge sentence them for their crimes (if it comes to that).
    The State of California is requesting certain things. Jail time for anyone isn't one of them. They want Blizzard to comply with workplace protections, as well as deliver unpaid wages, pay adjustments, back pay, and lost wages and benefits for female employees. I recommend that everyone read the actual legal filing. It's mostly in plain English, not legalese).
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  13. #353
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The State of California is requesting certain things. Jail time for anyone isn't one of them. They want Blizzard to comply with workplace protections, as well as deliver unpaid wages, pay adjustments, back pay, and lost wages and benefits for female employees. I recommend that everyone read the actual legal filing. It's mostly in plain English, not legalese).
    I guess my English skills are to blame here. My intention was not to ask anybody to go to join, though I believe that "sentence for crimes" might have sounded that way. I believe that paying adjustment is the way to go for most of accusations. I won't speak of the subject of the woman who commited suicide as this is quite touchy subject for me.

  14. #354
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Can we fire them too then? Probably in on it anyways.
    I am tempted to think that there is someone in Blizzard's PR department who is massively (and successfully!) trolling his/her bosses lol
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I am tempted to think that there is someone in Blizzard's PR department who is massively (and successfully!) trolling his/her bosses lol
    I mean, if you're mishandling sexual misconduct complaints and reports for "the lulz, top keks", you're already a massive waste of space and deserve whatever hammer comes down upon you.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Wrong. In most sexual assault/harassment cases, the predators actually evade justice. Again, try to do some research instead of posting your hunches and beliefs.



    Based on the accounts and testimony from the victims provided you have to be completely dumb in order to need a judge to tell you that these things happened. And even dumber, to then believe that nothing wrong has happened if the court decides the predators at Blizzard are innocent
    1. The person you replied to, said exatly the same thing.. I could follow up with a snarky comment like you did, but i wont.
    2. The person you replied to, said they hope these accusations are false - like I'm sure many people would. A bit naive maybe, but humans are allowed to have hopes without being called dumb.

    Personally I hope you're having a better day, than you were on the 24th.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It will probably be settled out of court and the liberals on Reddit will continue assuming guilt.
    Assuming guilt is a Blizzard company policy. They sacked and revoiced the work of the Kael'thas voice actor with zero proof. Even when it tuned out they guy was completely innocent. I think everyone should get their day in court but since Blizzard don't i can't fault people who want to thrown them to the wolves.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm more surprised that you made that account 3 years ago and now your first post is about not believing this forum is full of harcore Blizzard fans that are in full denial.

    While I prefer to be cautious with such allegations, if a state agency observes for 2 years, then goes along with suing the company, the case seems to be more than just solid.
    Well majority of World of Warcraft players are defending Blizzard saying it fake news and that it just locker talk and is what all guys do. Just like what Trump said .The funny thing is the majority of the player base are Trump supporters even Blizzard the company are fans of Trump and supporters of him.I am just sad someone died yet no one cares and is defending Blizzard and even Blizzard denying they are at fault for the women death.

    I haven't posted because of personal reasons.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Assuming guilt is a Blizzard company policy. They sacked and revoiced the work of the Kael'thas voice actor with zero proof. Even when it tuned out they guy was completely innocent. I think everyone should get their day in court but since Blizzard don't i can't fault people who want to thrown them to the wolves.
    That's actually fair. Karma, I guess. They did the same to Swifty.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    There's a few reasons, fear of being fired for example, not to mention this kind of behaviour is quite normalised. There's an expectation for these women to just "deal with it" so to say
    i get that, and i know men who have had this happen to them as well,

    you never hear about the men,

    but my point is speak up, coming forward after years of just accepting it, your as much to blame as the abuser.
    yes it was wrong, what they did,
    but letting them get away with something you clearly knew was wrong, for personal or financial gain,
    isnt a reason, its an excuse,

    thats why scum get away with doing shit like this,

    also they cant really fire them for coming forward about someone sexually assaulting them in the workplace?

    i mean Unfair dismissal, and shit can get them fucking sued bad.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •