Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    "California Department of Fair Employment"

    Government agencies often twist everything out of context to try and be as obnoxious as possible. Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated.
    You're not going to score any points white-knighting for Blizzard on this one, I'm sorry to say.

    They have and will have plenty of testimonies to back this up. Sounds like it was a cesspit there that tried its damnedest to make you think it was the most magical place on earth.

    The only place more 'frat boy' than a big video game developer is a video game publisher, and ActiBlizz is both.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

    lol. I feel vindicated after years of saying blizzard sucks
    geez, if true thats f-ing disgusting, when these things happen i just get pissed off, like what ya doing... cant you date like a normal person, why be such a creep
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Posts
    2,631
    Never been happier to let my sub lapse and play some FF14 instead. These shit heels aren't getting a penny for the foreseeable future.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Rochana Violence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Your forum signature
    Posts
    6,217
    I see the twitter witch hunt has also started. Random accusations against Morheim and Metzen being thrown around. Does anyone ever wonder whether there is any real justice in going after people decades later for something that was just the normative culture at the time?

    This is just another example of a rabble of social justice mobs trying to virtue signal by being as mindlessly aggressive against any of the suspects, even if they have to make up some. These are the modern day witch hunts instigated by everyone with a social studies degree trying to desperately prove to the world they have a use and purpose.

    There is neither sense nor justice behind any of this.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    "California Department of Fair Employment"

    Government agencies often twist everything out of context to try and be as obnoxious as possible. Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated.
    This isn't going to work.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    "California Department of Fair Employment"

    Government agencies often twist everything out of context to try and be as obnoxious as possible. Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated.
    The woman that killed herself was just pranking her supervisor, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the extra 2 slots are just a PATHETICALLY low bonus, like legit, are you really mad over max 1.5% increased damage?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I see the twitter witch hunt has also started. Random accusations against Morheim and Metzen being thrown around. Does anyone ever wonder whether there is any real justice in going after people decades later for something that was just the normative culture at the time?

    This is just another example of a rabble of social justice mobs trying to virtue signal by being as mindlessly aggressive against any of the suspects, even if they have to make up some. These are the modern day witch hunts instigated by everyone with a social studies degree trying to desperately prove to the world they have a use and purpose.

    There is neither sense nor justice behind any of this.
    I don't agree with witch hunts. People are going to point fingers all over the place because of this, it's just human nature.

    One can certainly wonder if Morhaime and Metzen's departures were related to A) seeing Blizzard become a shell of its former self under Activision or B) getting out before they could be blamed for the garbage culture that took root and began to fester inside their company. Or both.

    I want to believe it was purely A.

    Was it Blizzard's rocket upward to hugenormity that did it? Hire scads of people to fill the ranks as your company so rapidly expands... suddenly you realize you hired a bunch of creeps, but now you're too dependent on them to let them go? Worse, they get good-boy points from higher ups installed by Activision, so they're doubly protected? Who knows. One can let speculation run rampant. Any way you slice it, there's been something rotten at Blizzard for a while now.

  8. #28
    Legendary! Rochana Violence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Your forum signature
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    The woman that killed herself was just pranking her supervisor, right?
    I'm not pretentious enough to claim I understand the entire context and important details of what lead to that event. And neither should anyone else. It might look bad on the surface, but I choose to believe this woman was not a superficial person and that there might've been some depth to her decision.
    Last edited by Rochana Violence; 2021-07-22 at 04:34 AM.
    Pro-European Union / Pro-Russia / Pro-China
    The EU needs to learn to be more tolerant of conservative and religious communities. It needs to learn to respect cultural freedom and stop trying to force it's own narrow-minded liberal views on the world. It is none of europe's concerns how other nations or even it's own member-nations deal with their own problems. "My ancestors smile upon me. Can you say the same?"

  9. #29
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    The woman that killed herself was just pranking her supervisor, right?
    yeah. It's on youtube to watch even

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I see the twitter witch hunt has also started. Random accusations against Morheim and Metzen being thrown around. Does anyone ever wonder whether there is any real justice in going after people decades later for something that was just the normative culture at the time?

    This is just another example of a rabble of social justice mobs trying to virtue signal by being as mindlessly aggressive against any of the suspects, even if they have to make up some. These are the modern day witch hunts instigated by everyone with a social studies degree trying to desperately prove to the world they have a use and purpose.

    There is neither sense nor justice behind any of this.
    Someone's an incel by the looks of it.

  11. #31
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,691
    Plaguefall
    You must now defeat the first three bosses of the dungeon before the door to Margrave Stradama opens on all difficulties.
    Developers’ note: The first two bosses of the dungeon were frequently being skipped in lower-difficulty dungeons, typically by groups who were trying to earn Renown much faster than intended.
    I did Plaguefall yesterday (double weekly quest), and we skipped the first two bosses without any problems.

    Also, how is Renown earned from dungeons?

  12. #32
    No matter what will happen, truth is always good. I won't lie, I liked Afrasiabi when I saw him on Legion or BfA panels, he had really good charisma on stage. But can't deny his departure was VERY fishy.

    As for rest, in situation like that you can't even tell who was monster, who was good guy, who was a victim and who pretended to be blind. But I don't think Brack will keep his job if he's mentioned in document, doesn't matter if he's guilty (ignoring this stuff) or not, he will go just for PR reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I see the twitter witch hunt has also started. Random accusations against Morheim and Metzen being thrown around. Does anyone ever wonder whether there is any real justice in going after people decades later for something that was just the normative culture at the time?

    This is just another example of a rabble of social justice mobs trying to virtue signal by being as mindlessly aggressive against any of the suspects, even if they have to make up some. These are the modern day witch hunts instigated by everyone with a social studies degree trying to desperately prove to the world they have a use and purpose.

    There is neither sense nor justice behind any of this.
    Funny thing, cause Blizzard was part of SJW 'culture' and witch hunts. I remind that people like Swifty or voice actor for Kael'Thas were thrown under a bus just with accusation as well. I guess this is karma. I think more people from community would back Blizzard in hard time like now if Blizzard wouldn't pretend they don't know a guy from community 5 minutes after witch hunt starts.

    Or HQ though if they double down on all of this SJW stuff and pretend to be more californian than California, their future problem will magically vanish, which is typical upper corporate behaviour.

    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I did Plaguefall yesterday (double weekly quest), and we skipped the first two bosses without any problems.

    Also, how is Renown earned from dungeons?
    Probably you did it before hotfix. And Renown is earned in dungeons randomly, but only as catch up. You always get final 3 Renowns before weekly cap from two weekly quests (1000 Anima + Korthia one) and campaign (it will be 2 a week after campaign finish).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-07-22 at 05:07 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    You're not going to score any points white-knighting for Blizzard on this one, I'm sorry to say.

    They have and will have plenty of testimonies to back this up. Sounds like it was a cesspit there that tried its damnedest to make you think it was the most magical place on earth.

    The only place more 'frat boy' than a big video game developer is a video game publisher, and ActiBlizz is both.
    He's not wrong...
    As somebody who works at a company which both develops and publishes games (it's just online slot-games, not video-games, but that doesn't matter here) i have experienced these "cube-crawls" and "video-gaming during office hours".
    What i can tell you about it is: It's not just men participating.

    The allegations state:
    - male employees do this
    - male employees do that
    ...

    Can we deny it? No
    Do females participate? Yes --- Does the court care? No, that's not the topic of these allegations. Kaching...

  14. #34
    Things are really unraveling over there lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Discussions of witch hunts are irrelevant. This is not twitter or reddit trying to cancel Blizzard, this is the state conducting a long and thorough investigation resulting in legal action against the company.

  15. #35
    So - ALL those players who crucified and left Method last year because of the Priest, what are you gonna do now? Are you gonna still play the game made by literally the same type of people?

    What about all the streamers and hosts that were so quick to cut all ties with Method, you better not be playing any more WoW, unless you're the hypocritical **** we think you are

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    What about all the streamers and hosts that were so quick to cut all ties with Method, you better not be playing any more WoW, unless you're the hypocritical **** we think you are
    Who is "we"? More hypocrites? I hate when someone pretend it's above it all like he descent from fucking heaven.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    So - ALL those players who crucified and left Method last year because of the Priest, what are you gonna do now? Are you gonna still play the game made by literally the same type of people?

    What about all the streamers and hosts that were so quick to cut all ties with Method, you better not be playing any more WoW, unless you're the hypocritical **** we think you are
    My guess is that they will just ignore this and keep playing

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    sounds like it goes back to atleast 2013.

    https://twitter.com/skrutsick/status...06293495762944
    Lol, so right when WoD was in development? There was no content because all the male developers were busy playing call of duty

  19. #39
    The state wouldn't sue if it didn't believe it had an almost watertight case either, so it's pretty damning. Seen some former employees on Twitter raising their personal anecdotes about the work culture, sounds like it's been going on for many years, and if that behaviour was so embedded in the culture as it seems it's going to have been going on long before that. As pointed out, the named individuals had been with Blizzard pre-merger. So this isn't even a Actiblizzard bad thing. It goes way back into the golden days.

    I am considering letting my sub lapse because of this. Not going to play that other game because I think it looks shite, but I'd walk away from MMOs entirely and get some time back quite gladly.
    Last edited by Aesahaettr; 2021-07-22 at 06:15 AM.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MogIt probably.
    Posts
    3,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Things are really unraveling over there lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Discussions of witch hunts are irrelevant. This is not twitter or reddit trying to cancel Blizzard, this is the state conducting a long and thorough investigation resulting in legal action against the company.
    Thanks you said it nicer to whatever I was gonna type.


    Wish this was uncovered sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •