Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Jesus Christ. Every time this company somehow manages to sink itself lower and lower. Goes to show the hypocrisy of these major companies who say they stand besides those people, yet behind the curtains you get shit like this. And to think some people will still trust and defend Blizzard...

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible, but hardly surprising. And this starts from the wider layers and the higher you go the worse it becomes. I see it happening while I game, I'm sure rich entitled businessmen would do worse with their power. This kind of sexual harassment, degradation and inequality happens to all fields, but the way it happens in gaming communities makes it way more immature. Can't help but be reminded of that Rioter farting on co workers' faces.

Imagine releasing shitty games and being a shitty company to boot.

"You think you've hit the bottom, but you don't".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Well this would probably explain the serious decline in WoW game content. If the frat-boys within the Warcraft dev team were too busy playing CoD deathmatches, cube crawling around ladies' cubicles and engaging in all other kinds of degenerate behaviour instead of working on the game, it would easily explain why Blizz went from pushing out 8+ raids and 12+ dungeons during an expansion to a sliver of that in later releases.

They also probably ran out of women to delegate their work to because word gets around that workplaces become toxic.

Blizzard were once the games company that everybody looked up to and dreamed of working at. It's now a shell of what it once was and a mark of shame on everyone's resume.

This news just makes me livid.
    It could also be likely the drop would be from firing people involved in stuff like this or having them “step down” before they could be properly replaced.

We already know one person who silently sweped under the rug who knows how many others were to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    To make it easier to get further employment else where? That’s like asking why she kept the money she got from working there instead of throwing it away.
    You have LinkedIn to list your employment history.
    Not a single recruiter will look into your Twitter to verify your past employers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Seems like a toxic place to work, might explain why the quality of the game has dropped.
    The investigation started more than two years ago, which means this behavior isn't (only) a recent phenomenon. This started before a lot of the recent high profile departures and had to have been going for quite a while.

Alex Afrasiabi (one of the Blizzard "old guard") is the only defendant outright named in the lawsuit, which explains why he up and vanished without any explanation just over a year ago. Hard to say whether Afrasiabi's departure was part of them cleaning house, or if it was just trying to sweep things under the rug.

Their former CTO (presumably Ben Kilgore) is also mentioned. Kilgore had been in the position since 2014 before leaving in 2018.

The lawsuit also makes it abundantly clear that the executives knew about his behavior, and that Brack didn't do enough to curb it. Work culture like this only exists when seniors / supervisors allow or encourage it.

It's kind of hard to imagine that the rest of the "old guard" wasn't aware of this. Afrasiabi was a lead since BC and was one of the faces of the game for years, alongside Brack, Metzen, Kaplan, and others.

It makes you wonder about other recent departures, though his in particular was extremely suspicious.

If the legal report is to be believed then this is mostly about the older Blizzard crew. And if this is true then everyone should be directing their hate to Dreamhaven. Ever wonder why the OG crew has been dropping like flies? It's called a clansing. Don't let these monsters get away scott free by singling out Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Encrow View Post
    If the legal report is to be believed then this is mostly about the older Blizzard crew. And if this is true then everyone should be directing their hate to Dreamhaven. Ever wonder why the OG crew has been dropping like flies? It's called a clansing. Don't let these monsters get away scott free by singling out Blizzard.
    no, this includes the people at the very top who allowed this behavior to go on in an entire department of their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Encrow View Post
    Did you miss the fact that the current CEO of Blizzard condoned these acts?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    connect the dots la la la la! connect the dots la la la la

Lots of Blizz employees have bailed over the last few years while this investigation was going on... ironic?
    Trying to make sure they didnt get caught for what they did.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    typo or not the inference is pretty bloody clear
    Oh definitely! Not saying it wasn't. Like you said, you can tell what they meant by it.

Just saying, there's copious amounts of typos in legal documents. You'd think there wouldn't but I've seen a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You have LinkedIn to list your employment history.
    Not a single recruiter will look into your Twitter to verify your past employers.
    A recruiter might not but other employees can/do which can lead to suggestions gettin passed up the line.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

People using PF skip is just an indication of a deeper problem. Glad they added Renown to Torghast but that does not really solve it. I see no reason why your alts shouldn't automatically be on the same Renown level as your main - you'll still have to grind out Anima for mogs and all that stuff.

A lot of what I have seen on Twitter and on forums is how its all on New Blizzard -- and quickly forget for Alex has been here since 2004, meaning his behavior and culture has been in the company since the beginning of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You mean like how they waited when it came to Quinton Flynn?
    The good thing is that Quinton Flynn was proven innocent. And now it makes a lot of sense why they fired him. They were trying to save their own skin.

Where the fuck are the people now saying "people change jobs all the time" or "they fired him cause they wanted someone better/for consistency"? Huh? Are you still gonna yap about how all these changes that have been happening in blizzard because "no one stays working in the same place for that long LULZ"? Isn't it funny how everyone who left, went to work in another GAMING company? Surely if they were tired of working on games, they wouldnt have immediatelly started working on more games.

Do you still think people are conspiracy nuts?

So many morally sick people, you never know what side to believe anymore. At first i thought some special snowflake digging for some quick cash to like omg if true, that's so f'ing f'ed up.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

I am surprised a lot of people defending Blizzard saying this is fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Cubster20038 View Post
    I am surprised a lot of people defending Blizzard saying this is fake news
    A lot of people want it to be false because if it's true then it means that they are paying money to the degenerates.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Now we know why Afrasiabi left Blizzard suddenly and deleted his social media, he is quoted on the lawsuit as basically being a creep and harassing young female Blizzard employees.
    Also that explains why J. Allen Brack just went live yesterday into the Game Maker's Notebook podcast for 1 hour to talk about female rights and the "inclusion" Blizzard is doing .. they are on active damage control.
    According to the filing, Blizzard was asked to participate with the state to reconcile the charges with them, and Blizzard walked from the table, starting on July 1st of this year. They met with the state 3 times, and failed to get a resolution. Yes, they knew this was coming for sure, they knew this suit was coming, and yes, there is going to be major damage control occurring over this. This is an ugly lawsuit, and by a state agency, who typically do not file a case unless they know they can win.

A lot of attention is on the more salacious aspects of the filing, and focused on Afrasiabi and the woman who took her own life. Which is understandable, in our culture that wallows in such things. But the entire suit's goal is set out at the end of the filing, starting with compensatory and punitive damages. This specific case, even though it names names, is about paying out to those employees they've harmed (as alleged by the state), and opens the door for a flood of personal civil lawsuits. Them bringing up things like Afrasiabi, J Allen not doing enough to stop the behavior, and the poor woman who took her life, is to establish the nature of the workplace, and a systemic culture that allowed it to go that far. Afrasiabi is not on trial here, the company that allowed him to allegedly be a handsy drunk, is.

Blizzard's response is...oof. "We don't condone that kind of behavior, all that never happened and you got the stories wrong anyway, and we totally changed our culture where that kind of stuff is totally not happening anyway and witch-hunt blah blah blah."

Yeah.

Lots to unpack here. It's going to be ugly, on all sides.

As a side note, I'm not surprised at the damage control and white knighting and mealy mouthed defense of Blizzard by the usual suspects here and in other online forums - I've come to expect it from a larger-than-it should-be part of the "gamer" community, to be frank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard/Activision shills must be in despair right now, imagine shilling for such a company LOL!
    It's already happening. See all the previous comments saying "its just a lawsuit" or "innocent until proven guilty". Which I agree totally WHEN its coming from an individual or group of individuals. This is a California Court moving forward with a lawsuit after more than 2 years of investigations with hundreds of testimonies.

I work in the public sector, no one is going to spend 2 years and countless resources on an investigation and then on a lawsuit if they didnt have air-tight evidence of wrongdoing. Unless they are on a god tier of incompetence, I dont see how ALL of the claims can be false .. and even if 50% of them are true, thats bad enough.