Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

AND THIS IS AFTER THEY REMOVED THE KAEL'THAS VOICELINES FOR AN ACCUSATION

so glad i swapped to ffxiv

That Blizzard response is classic lawyer speak counter suit buillshit to attempt to cover their ass. They're attempting to discredit the DFEH instead of denying the allegations which wreaks even more of significant and persistent corruption within the ranks attempting to not own up to their significant faults. I would love to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt but after reading that response I'm more in the state of California's corner now than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Yes you would, especially if it's a job you really want, dont be naive.
    This isn't to be taken as a defense for the behavior of the WoW staff in question, but this is unfortunately also a truth. When your choices are 'have money' and 'not have money', well....you'll sometimes be forced to put up with some pretty despicable situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather trust DFEH than Activision and i hope, this ship will finally meet thier glaicer.

And yet currently it’s just an accusation and nothing more! Has anybody in this forum seen any evidence, listend to witnesses?! No? Well, of course not because there is just a lawsuite that has not even startet.
    If they are indeed guilty of all these things, fine, then they should get what they deserve. But thats not for the „good people of the mmo-champion forum“ to decide.
    It belongs in a court of law- not a mob with pitchforks and torches.
    Recently the proverb „innocent until proven otherwise“ has gone out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicianna View Post
    And yet currently it’s just an accusation and nothing more! Has anybody in this forum seen any evidence, listend to witnesses?! No? Well, of course not because there is just a lawsuite that has not even startet.
    If they are indeed guilty of all these things, fine, then they should get what they deserve. But thats not for the „good people of the mmo-champion forum“ to decide.
    It belongs in a court of law- not a mob with pitchforks and torches.
    Recently the proverb „innocent until proven otherwise“ has gone out of business.
    Don't be stupid. It's a formal first step after a 2 year investigation by a government agency. They don't do this without evidence.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard actually put out some good content recently no one would give a flying fuck about this although I am enjoying the new SL patch so lets hope they put this behind them and get us what we want from blizz some high quality content…and pay the females come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Ye who needs courts or judges! The best solution is for the internet to be the judge, jury and executioner!
    First of all, no one here is going to be throwing Blizzard in jail themselves. They are getting their day in court as is their legal right, and that isn't being infringed on by anyone on this forum or on Twitter or whatever.

Secondly, court rulings aren't infallible. People can decide for themselves given a good amount of evidence even if that evidence isn't sufficient to reach a particular verdict.

While I myself tend to lean on the "wait and see" side, there's also a big difference between a simple accusation and an extensive investigation that has been conducted over a number of years. I think it's a perfectly reasonable stance given these particular circumstances to assume that there is at least SOME credibility to these claims. As many have noted, this isn't something that just popped up this week, nor is it an exceedingly rare occurrence in more male dominated industries.

Feel free to base your opinion entirely on the judge's final verdict. You can certainly go through life having no opinions on anything you are not 100% certain of. However, for many this is just additional confirmation of a problematic work environment that has been known about for years and as many similar cases simply been swept under the rug.

*For example, we reward and compensate employees based on their performance*

This is already discrimination because women often can't or don't want to compete on the same level men do.
    It's no coincidence that bots always pick men if it's just pure numbers.

Why is there no quota for car salesman for example?

How many coding challenges get won by women?
    (there's a few, but they're usually Asian where women work really hard and are not spoiled like our western women)

Wow, that response. Who thought righteous indignation was the correct counter here has probably not gotten their job on their own..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    So we're not even gonna wait for the court to decide? As always the internet decides who is guilty and innocent. Gotta love this cancel culture.....

If this is true, it's obviously horrible, but people really need to stop deciding what is true from just reading what someone writes on internet. This time there is even a case going to court about it. Isn't it better to wait and see how this goes before passing out judgement?
    Why wait... the folks here have already decided guilt and now are just mulling over punishment.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I had already unninstall everything from activision blizzard from my pc a few weeks ago but now even hearthstone is out of my cellphone.

Not shocked... just disgusted about a company that shoves equality and censures female features in one hand and have a bunch of creeps harrasing women in their ranks on the other.

100% hipocrisy

15+ Year Old Account
    Boykotting wow is not the correct way to fight against this.
    Just remind yourself that many content/art was created BY WOMEN.
    Better fight in YOUR working place that this stuff does not happen.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geofferson View Post
    I think this is the nail in the coffin for me. I cannot keep giving this company my sub money.
    Yet a great many in this thread raising hell about how horrible Blizzard as a company is will absolutely continue giving them money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Did you miss the fact that the current CEO of Blizzard condoned these acts?
    Have you cancelled your account in disgust yet?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Why wait... the folks here have already decided guilt and now are just mulling over punishment.
    Do some research on sex crimes, punishments for them, and how many actually go to court. It's an extremely hard area of crime to get any real justice in the legal system for, that's why instead we should listen to the victims and believe them. Whether people get punished later or not is a different thing entirely.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    You're not going to score any points white-knighting for Blizzard on this one, I'm sorry to say.

They have and will have plenty of testimonies to back this up. Sounds like it was a cesspit there that tried its damnedest to make you think it was the most magical place on earth.

The only place more 'frat boy' than a big video game developer is a video game publisher, and ActiBlizz is both.
    Always someone to defend even the shittiest of people for one reason or another

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I see the twitter witch hunt has also started. Random accusations against Morheim and Metzen being thrown around. Does anyone ever wonder whether there is any real justice in going after people decades later for something that was just the normative culture at the time?

This is just another example of a rabble of social justice mobs trying to virtue signal by being as mindlessly aggressive against any of the suspects, even if they have to make up some. These are the modern day witch hunts instigated by everyone with a social studies degree trying to desperately prove to the world they have a use and purpose.

There is neither sense nor justice behind any of this.
    ^ my point exactly

Always someone to defend the biggest scum like they can do no wrong....nope Blizzard couldn't possibly be horrible, it's the evil government and social media! "facepalms"

Yeah, well - I don't care about some women I've never met and that haven't proven anyone's misdeed yet. For now as I see it, nothing has happened. Don't even think about applying to Commiefornia's authority here. If they can prove harassment at court then I'll cheer for them to get what they deserve.
    As I said in a previous post: BELIEVE ALL WOMEN is a joke and no adult should take this slogan seriously. Especially in a culture where patting someone on a shoulder is "literal rape" in eyes of some people - especially the Twitter crowd (which there are a lot of here too).

If you feel offended by me wanting proof then you're part of the problem.
    No, you're part of the problem. educate yourself and think about what you're saying. disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yet a great many in this thread raising hell about how horrible Blizzard as a company is will absolutely continue giving them money.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you cancelled your account in disgust yet?
    No, but it wouldn't matter. I only play WoW and I literally can't give them my money, since their trash ass website doesn't work and register my payment. This Indie company is so scuffed that their website literally doesn't let me give them my money.

So Yes I have, what about it?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Shit will be business as usual at blizzard tbh if nothing forcibly happens they will continue their shitty practices... stocks are falling but have to wait and see,and is there gonna be a blizzcon now? rather interested how that would turn out kekw

Yeah, well - I don't care about some women I've never met and that haven't proven anyone's misdeed yet. For now as I see it, nothing has happened. Don't even think about applying to Commiefornia's authority here. If they can prove harassment at court then I'll cheer for them to get what they deserve.
    As I said in a previous post: BELIEVE ALL WOMEN is a joke and no adult should take this slogan seriously. Especially in a culture where patting someone on a shoulder is "literal rape" in eyes of some people - especially the Twitter crowd (which there are a lot of here too).

If you feel offended by me wanting proof then you're part of the problem.
    You sound like an incel and a rapist.