Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I've only ever seen like one or two videos by the guy before now, but Asmongold did a bit of a dive into this subject, and also had an interview with H3 about it with OTK, and I have to say he definitely helped illuminate what's going on. This is a seriously fucked up situation, and I am incredibly disappointed in Blizzard. This has been two years worth of investigation and now a state lawsuit? Yeah, there's definitely been some shady crap happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Where is the proof ?! People saying something is no proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Because english isnt my native tongue. Iam sorry if that made it harder to understand. But Again, from what we know the US GOV , hasnt released any effidence, so you believe them on a promise that they may have some. Thats called a witch hunt
    If this wasn't legit then why did Blizzard have to explicitely make a statement about it? They literally say that Blizzard was like this. Obviously they are not going to go, "well we still are like this" now will they?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If this wasn't legit then why did Blizzard have to explicitely make a statement about it? They literally say that Blizzard was like this. Obviously they are not going to go, "well we still are like this" now will they?
    Because Blizzard is always doing damage prevention? remember the Kael voice actor? got removed forever seconds after the allegations came out , even so they turned out to be false

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They are virtual signaling so damn hard.

Bitch, no one cares about you preaching about diversity if the people you hire are gonna be treated like shit.
    Hit the nail on the head. In age of social media where almost everyone is virtual signaling to gain attention I hope we can finally get rid of this crap. Its even worse than the act itself at times cause you are simply using the act to make you feel special regardless if you care about the said act or not.

It's virtue signaling, not "virtual" signaling *sigh*

From the article:
    “The picture the DFEH paints is not the Blizzard workplace of today,” the company said.
    Talk about the most stupid response in history. Kind of like admitting you are a rapist, however... today you haven't found a victim yet.

The investigation likely looked at complaints from a very large segment of time, so how in the fuck does it matter if the workplace of today is great or not. They need to pay a firm for damage control...cause the shit they are saying makes them look like complete fuckin idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest complaint about blizzard previous to this lawsuit news...was simply they take forever to get new content out. Pretty obvious that there is a good reason it takes so long now...
    cube crawling

"Hey Dave, did you troubleshot bug xIv45 yet?"
    "Not yet, I'm searching for my whiskey under Suzie's desk, I'll be right with you!"

What a piece of shit company...

Woah, woman trying to get money using the "SEX ABUSE BY MEAN MALES" card. Im surprised it took that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Woah, woman trying to get money using the "SEX ABUSE BY MEAN MALES" card. Im surprised it took that long.
    Especially the dead one /facepalm
    I agree that we should wait before starting witch hunting against Blizzard but at the same time we should wait with claiming that Blizzard is innocent and the charges are false. That's what court trial is for.

Because Blizzard is always doing damage prevention? remember the Kael voice actor? got removed forever seconds after the allegations came out , even so they turned out to be false
    They were just trying to save their own skin.

Quote Originally Posted by azuraji View Post
    It's virtue signaling, not "virtual" signaling *sigh*
    Oops, my bad.

I love how in current political climate people cant help themselves and admit they are rotting pieces of human waste, definitely taking notes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I agree that we should wait before starting witch hunting against Blizzard but at the same time we should wait with claiming that Blizzard is innocent and the charges are false. That's what court trial is for.
    These cases are extremely difficult to tilt in favour of the defendant, it's usually ''my word against his/hers''. Unless they have actual text messages, audio and video recordings but that stuff can also be easily invalidated in court if gathered improperly but US laws are weird in this regard.

Odds are, ActiBlizz will lawyer up and settle quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    but blizzard currently is inoccent lmao . if you all want to do witch hunts log in to twitter and join there

but blizzard currently is inoccent lmao . if you all want to do witch hunts log in to twitter and join there
    They are not... If you read the lawyer talk carefully while they claim its exaggerated they in no way deny the claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I HATE CHAOS View Post
    They are not... If you read the lawyer talk carefully while they claim its exaggerated they in no way deny the claim.
    BINGO!

"The picture the DFEH paints is not the Blizzard workplace of today."
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    The investigation started 2 years ago .. my (very uninformed) guess is that's why they stepped down.

But yeah, I share your sentiment
    Metzen left the company in 2016. Morhaime announced in 2018 that he was leaving then officially stepped down in 2019. I don't think Metzen is in that boat... I hope. But Mike could possibly... but I agree.. i hope they aren't involved...

You know, the statement they gave is kinda hard to take seriously given the woman who killed herself due to workplace harassment.

That alone is damning. That alone warrants criminal charges against people at that office. Obviously they won't happen and the most we'll see is a fine, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Tell me you’ve never spoken to a female in real life without telling me you’ve never spoken to a female in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And now we get to have another round of people shitting all over Blizzard based on accusations and allegations.

We've learned nothing from the last bajillion times this happened and the allegations turned out to be greatly exaggerated / false.
    "Allegations" in this case is following a two year investigation by the state of California, is accompanied by dozens of former Blizzard employees on twitter saying they saw the behavior first hand, a signed death certificate, and a legal response from Blizzard that does not outright deny that claims, but only states "This is not Blizzard today." What more do you need? This isn't some disgruntled 25 year old cute blonde pointing fingers in a civil lawsuit.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You can't be serious right? The one man actually named in the lawsuit is Alex Afrasiabi who has been with Blizz since before WoW launched and he was allegedly involved in an incident in 2013. This goes waaaaay back. You don't get to blame this shit on Activision or whatever.

This is as old Blizzard as it fucking gets.
    Honestly, the old team created the best version of WoW. So I am willing to look away... At least they created a masterpiece.
    I do hope that nothing of this is true, but if it is, I hope it is the newer people, so we finally get ride of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    "Allegations" in this case is following a two year investigation by the state of California
    And allegations they are until evidence is prevented and judged in court, no matter who is making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    a legal response from Blizzard that does not outright deny that claims, but only states "This is not Blizzard today." What more do you need? This isn't some disgruntled 25 year old cute blonde pointing fingers in a civil lawsuit.
    No, it isn't. But then again, from reading the actual document, until they actually present the evidence, it seems to be basically a compilation of reports/complaints by employees. The odd one out being the suicide, which in my opinion should be criminally investigated and the involved people charged criminally.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't believe they are innocent, as far as I'm concerned it's possible that indeed some of the reports are exaggerated, as is possible that it's actually worse and even shadier things than they are alleging have happened. But ultimately they should be judged based on facts, not on what I or anyone else believes.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-07-23 at 05:55 PM.