Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It just doesn't make sense. Its almost if its made up because they should at least look at it from a PR point of view, but even that got overlooked.

Like you mention, with all the possibilities they have to turn this around, the best example, or rather the most obvious example they could show for was to give those two the same pay.
    You also have to remember that this is a corporation. The company I work for, after acquiring other companies, is in the habit of giving promotions to people to match their incoming salaries. It isn't surprising for someone to make the cut then be promoted to an operations manager or production manager position, while not raising their pay, so their salary matches their title.

Usually these raises come with other benefits like better stock options or additional bonus potentials.

Am I saying that is what happened here? No. But this could have been Activision-Blizzard's attempt to kill two birds with one stone.

Well, Nintendo has joined the party and is "distressed" regarding those reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Wow, I'm surprised they weighed in at all, but good on them. That's a fairly united front from the platform holders at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised they weighed in at all, but good on them. That's a fairly united front from the platform holders at least.
    Well Oneal's revelations were a huge nail in the coffin for Bobby. These companies don't want to end their association with Activison but things are getting so bad that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are getting afraid they'll lose a lot of money.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Personally I would prefer the company burn to the ground and from the ashes rise a new company, with new games and IP made by the good people at Blizzard. Although that would require a deep cleaning, one that the company wont take because it requires removing the people at the top who are protecting Bobby Kotick. Hope the devs continue to keep pushing though. Although I tend to believe Jen Oneal in saying that the company is beyond change. The corruption runs deep.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-23 at 10:12 PM.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Personally I would prefer the company burn to the ground and from the ashes rise a new company, with new games and IP made by the good people at Blizzard. Although that would require a deep cleaning, one that the company wont take because it requires removing the people at the top who are protecting Bobby Kotick. Hope the devs continue to keep pushing though. Although I tend to believe Jen Oneal in saying that the company is beyond change. The corruption runs deep.
    I'm willing to believe her take on that. The fact that the anti-Bobby movement from share holders is only 0.6% of the shareholder stock bespeaks of how much the big boys want to protect Bobby. It seems they're even willing to take a hit financially, probably believing they can recover if they just weather this storm.

And honestly, if this is the last bit of scandal to come out of Blizzard, I can see this storm blowing over. WoW might be suffering, but the other Blizzard IPs are doing fairly well, and WoW token sales + WoW classic is basically keeping WoW afloat.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I'm willing to believe her take on that. The fact that the anti-Bobby movement from share holders is only 0.6% of the shareholder stock bespeaks of how much the big boys want to protect Bobby. It seems they're even willing to take a hit financially, probably believing they can recover if they just weather this storm.
    The problem is simply that the beady-eyed trashgoblin owns too much stock in the first place. You also can't bar a major investor from his rights to vote and if he is voted out, why should he care about appeasing others with abstaining? This is never going to get anywhere unless they can directly bring him down with a major legal case that would warrant seazing some of his assets. As you said, they will just sit it out and nothing will ever change at the company.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

whats going on today? something about the ABK board being bribed?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

If and it is a big if as of yet, Bobby ends up going I would not be surprised that at least two on the board has to as well.
    Forgot their name but the 2 oldtimers has clearly not done what is required by law in such a case. The board is just now, weeks after the CA case got out starting to have a meeting every 14th+ day to have meetings specifically following up if they get proper amount of information from Bobby.
    That they havent actively sought that information previously at the bare minimum since the CA lawsuit got out, is baffling and a pretty strong case that they have not lived up to the legal obligations they fall under.
    So if Bobby has to go part of the board is to be blamed enough that they have to leave as well.

As a sidenote, after the Playstation internal-never-to-get-leaked *cough* chastising happened it turns out Playstation is facing gender discrimation lawsuit as well.

Everything is still a big if though. Sony, MS etc wont throw their major partner under the bus yet. Something more has to happen in order for that to happen. Stockprices tumbling is putting pressure on Bobby and the board for sure but so far not a single major shareholder put any serious pressure. It is a shitstorm so far but nothing more in terms of changes to the leadership.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-11-25 at 07:54 PM.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

And as I predicted, employees are now in mass exodus to leave until Bobby resigns. The karma continues. The garbage fire continues to get more fiery and stinkier.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

why are people so excited over the crash and burn here in particular? It means WoW and OW could shut their servers off. Don't you feel like 20 years of your life would be wasted?
    Lazarević: Are you a student of history, Mr. Drake? Nathan Drake: ...I've read a book or two. Lazarević: Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot - they were all GREAT men. But do you know why they prevailed? [beat] Because they had the will to do what other men could not. - Uncharted 2

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    why are people so excited over the crash and burn here in particular? It means WoW and OW could shut their servers off. Don't you feel like 20 years of your life would be wasted?
    Playing a video game for 20 years is a waste of time anyway but I'm sure Bobby Kotick wants you to believe in the sunk cost fallacy in the game so he can continue getting more money. We are just observers of this train going off the cliff and we have no hand on the controls, the only vote we have is money spent and if you are still paying monthly then you are approving of everything they are doing. Even after this dumpster fire runs out of money to burn, there will be an attempt (or several) to try to recapture the millions of former players that have heavy nostalgic memories they would like to relive. The truth is that there are still people out there that could run WoW as good as it was at its peak but it will take a miracle for them to get control of it because the finance/Wall Street/corporate overlords will have to completely lose interest in WoW and that will not happen until the love from the players is destroyed down to the point where there they give no shits whatsoever. Activision did this with Guitar Hero and are doing it now with Call of Duty by bringing out expansions and dlc too often while being too mediocre, leading to apathy in the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And as I predicted, employees are now in mass exodus to leave until Bobby resigns. The karma continues. The garbage fire continues to get more fiery and stinkier.
    I’ve only seen one so far is there some where that’s keeping track?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

And honestly, if this is the last bit of scandal to come out of Blizzard, I can see this storm blowing over. WoW might be suffering, but the other Blizzard IPs are doing fairly well, and WoW token sales + WoW classic is basically keeping WoW afloat.
    The stock price is the biggest factor in the anti-Bobby movement and the falling price (down 40% in the last 6 months) is the vote that counts because it indicates the big fund managers are quietly selling a stagnant or dying stock so they can buy something else that will not drag down there numbers. Most of the big investment banks look at a company like Actiblizz as a small company that isn't worth spending much time on and they understand that the entertainment business cannot be run like a commodity or product manufacturer since it is a creative business and relies on innovation and storytelling as part of its success.

https://www.axios.com/state-treasure...0e13419de.html

New development: State treasurers for California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Oregon, Delaware and Nevada all want to meet with the ATVI board to see what the fuck they're doing about everything going on in the company.

We're concerned that the current CEO and board directors don't have the skillset, nor the conviction to institute these sweeping changes needed to transform their culture, to restore trust with employees and shareholders and their partners.
    Ouch for them, but this is good news. The board, which continues to stand by Kotick who is also on the board, needs to go.

If more states are jumping on board, blizzard is screwed
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

they need to loose more money to get ridd of bobby...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    they need to loose more money to get ridd of bobby...
    Yeah, I don't see anything happening. Some toothless state regulators meeting with them is hardly relevant, they all operate on wait and see auditing principles that never lead to actual change. I think they can still sit it out unless they drop down another 16 bucks below their 2019 slump, which incidentially is equal to their rise back in 2017. Then they'd have lost over 4 years of growth, as that would put them on the same level they had in '16/17 when they actually started to grow.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Looks like Blizzard wont be at the game awards this year. (despite one on the council comity thing)

Wish they would have taken the same action against Ubi-soft when shitty stuff happened there.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-04 at 11:32 PM.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looks like Blizzard wont be at the game awards this year. (despite one on the council comity thing)

Wish they would have taken the same action against Ubi-soft when shitty stuff happened there.
    Honestly the game awards is just taking the easy route. If they really cared Jeff would have gone on stage and said.

"We are rightfully disgusted by what we have learned about what's been going on at Activision-Blizzard. But don't be fooled every single one of these companies have been doing it and are still doing it. Until they all allow unions and have a 100% independent investigation on all that was shown to be going on at Activision-Blizzard they are immediately disqualified from being at the event, from winning any awards and we'll be telling our viewers to NOT buy these games.

This is a proven industry wide infestation and you're all guilty. "

Because frankly the only difference between Activision Blizzard and others is that their the ones with the biggest profile right now.

Then there are those in nations where the concept of worker's rights is you have the right to not complain and collapse at work because asking for time off means you don't care.