"Its their fault for gaining employment in their chosen sector and not expecting abundant sexism and harassment!"

I do wonder about people sometimes.

18 MILLION DOLLARS? That's IT? THAT'S IT? HOLY FUCK The USA justice system is a fucking joke. HUGE WASTE OF TIME and bobby gonna point fingers to those victims and spit them and laugh the hardest he can.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    18 MILLION DOLLARS? That's IT? THAT'S IT? HOLY FUCK The USA justice system is a fucking joke. HUGE WASTE OF TIME and bobby gonna point fingers to those victims and spit them and laugh the hardest he can.
    It can only mean that the allegations were exaggerated and that Blizzard isn't a sex dungeon full of perverts.

It was crystal clear that it's an exaggeration from day one, but what was obvious was also drowned in a tidal wave of visceral outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It can only mean that the allegations were exaggerated and that Blizzard isn't a sex dungeon full of perverts.
    This isn't at all how things work and just sounds like wishful thinking.

It can only mean that the allegations were exaggerated
    That is not remotely what it means.
    The Were/Was Army: "Nooo you can't just vaporize my entire armored division, we had such a manly recruitment ad!"
    The They/Them Army: "Omg integrated fire support?? Go off queen sksksks, JDAMs are such a gemini thing."

Jesus christ this isn't what it means at all, holy shit. Do you even settlement, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus christ this isn't what it means at all, holy shit. Do you even settlement, bro?
    How many victims are counted into the settlement and what did they endure for it to be this low then. You don't settle for this little if something serious is at hand.

for it to be this low
    Settlements like this area always "this low" because of the way our legal system is set up to favor corporations over people (ironic given that corporations are people, but that's for another day).

This is like crowing that a company that was fined didn't do something that bad because the fine was small, only to realize that our regulatory fines are a complete joke and that it's frequently more profitable to eat minor regulatory fines in pursuit of greater profits.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't settle for this little if something serious is at hand.
    Literally not hot settlements work in many cases, but ok.

Settlements like this area always "this low" because of the way our legal system is set up to favor corporations over people (ironic given that corporations are people, but that's for another day).

This is like crowing that a company that was fined didn't do something that bad because the fine was small, only to realize that our regulatory fines are a complete joke and that it's frequently more profitable to eat minor regulatory fines in pursuit of greater profits.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally not hot settlements work in many cases, but ok.
    I'm talking about this particular case and this case revolved around widespread, management-level sexual harassment. It was alleged to have had a positively-reverberating circle back to the heads of the company, one that allegedly resulted in suicide of an employee, with various mental health issues for other victims aswell. Had all of this been true and had the number of employees affected been as high as everyone pretended that it was, the settlement would have been higher. That being said, I don't doubt that a settlement helps the company more than the victims; if nothing else, they can stop further negative PR.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-04-01 at 04:53 PM.

this isn't even the only lawsuit by the government that's still going. but okay, let's just keep playing defense for sex pests, that's always a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this isn't even the only lawsuit by the government that's still going. but okay, let's just keep playing defense for sex pests, that's always a good look.
    Nobody is a sex offender until they're convicted of being one. Anyone guilty will hopefully get their due. There's also no good or bad look in discussing this; if you always say what gives a "good look", then all you are doing is being an extension of someone else's perspectives.

what I mean by "not a good look" is that in spite of how much you think you're being impartial here, you're not. its clear you're siding with the sex pest company by insisting that just because one of the numerous lawsuits going on against Blizzard ( on top of, you know, your other yikes takes in this thread) means this was all an attempt at extortion by the victims. IDK dude, maybe just stop talking and save yourself further embarrassment.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-01 at 05:21 PM.

Guess it’s “Time to defend harassment and pretend I’m just looking for due process for sex pests” o’clock.

Yeah, a quick romp through that posters posts paints the picture you’d expect.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2022-04-01 at 05:09 PM.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

Had all of this been true and had the number of employees affected been as high as everyone pretended that it was, the settlement would have been higher.
    Again, this isn't remotely true.

Seriously, the eagerness to defend Blizzard and downplay the severity of what employees went through is wild.

the defenders are back. wtf.
    my advice for the defenders, go outside. touch grass. stay away from the internet for awhile.

bad stuff happened in Blizzard, stop defending the stupid gross choices that those idiots made. just hope that Blizzard will get better and those that hurt people get punished.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Nobody is a sex offender until they're convicted of being one. Anyone guilty will hopefully get their due. There's also no good or bad look in discussing this; if you always say what gives a "good look", then all you are doing is being an extension of someone else's perspectives.
    Toss this into the bad take pile along with "it's their fault for gaining employment in their chosen sector and not expecting abundant sexism and harassment!"
    The Were/Was Army: "Nooo you can't just vaporize my entire armored division, we had such a manly recruitment ad!"
    The They/Them Army: "Omg integrated fire support?? Go off queen sksksks, JDAMs are such a gemini thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Toss this into the bad take pile along with "it's their fault for gaining employment in their chosen sector and not expecting abundant sexism and harassment!"
    What, you're not going to address the fact that an un-convicted sex offender is still a sex offender whether or not they've been prosecuted? That one was too easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I would have expected the settlement to be higher. How many victims are we talking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What, you're not going to address the fact that an un-convicted sex offender is still a sex offender whether or not they've been prosecuted? That one was too easy?
    I mean I figured I'd let the contradiction of "the problem isn't as bad as people were claiming" and "it's X industry so of course the problem is going to be that bad" speak for itself, rofl.

Again, this isn't remotely true.

Seriously, the eagerness to defend Blizzard and downplay the severity of what employees went through is wild.
    I'm not eager to defend anyone who did anything bad and especially if what they've done is something that falls within the domain of being a crime. What I want to see is individual cases and criminal liability for the serious claims that were made.

If I lived in the US, I personally(as a man) would never want to work in the gaming industry in the 2000s, 2010s or so, because how frantically unregulated it seemed to be, starting with the bonuses, the crunch and the uncertainty. Not to mention, there's a high chance to lose your job if there's multiple strata of management that are completely disconnected from the workers.

Whoever may suggest that I contradicted myself; yes, they should've expected sexist jokes in the gaming industry, one that hasn't reached the standards of other sectors(I'm hopeful that it will and very quickly so) and yes, I also don't think that it was s bad as some are making it out to be(sexist jokes, a guy waving a dildo and the alleged breast milk story aren't serious cases of sexual harassment to me, though they still are harassment to be exact and Blizzard was always going to handwave this away by giving some money to whoever wanted it as compensation). These two opinions aren't mutually exclusive. If women started getting a high level interest in the trucking, remote mining and lumbering industries, I'm sure they'd find out that truckers, remote miners and lumberjackers aren't using the most mindful of words when going about their business and making jokes from time to time. This doesn't mean I don't want that to improve.

What I want to see is whether there'll be individual responsibility for someone's suicide. There were also allegations of higher ups asking those working under them to have sex with them; this is the serious stuff, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what I mean by "not a good look" is that in spite of how much you think you're being impartial here, you're not. its clear you're siding with the sex pest company by insisting that just because one of the numerous lawsuits going on against Blizzard ( on top of, you know, your other yikes takes in this thread) means this was all an attempt at extortion by the victims. IDK dude, maybe just stop talking and save yourself further embarrassment.
    I am impartial. It is a case of you and multiple other posters being unable to deal with someone breaking the situation down and talking about it as an observer that is trying to keep the emotional reaction second and observation first. The fact that I'm doing this doesn't mean that I'm "siding with sex pests"; I've stated numerous times that whoever harassed others should get their due and that anything that involved criminal behaviour should be handled in court. This settlement clearly addresses Blizzard and not the individuals involved, who are the ones that need to get their due.

You're reading too much into a fictional, hidden motivation of mine, which doesn't exist. My only motivation in this regard is for Blizzard to start making good games again and that can't happen as long as employees have to look over their shoulder, which is why my goal and yours are the same. What you didn't seem to notice at all is that I in fact want Blizzard to take even more responsibility, simply because they're using this as an excuse for why they can't get things done correctly in their product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    the defenders are back. wtf.
    my advice for the defenders, go outside. touch grass. stay away from the internet for awhile.

bad stuff happened in Blizzard, stop defending the stupid gross choices that those idiots made. just hope that Blizzard will get better and those that hurt people get punished.
    If I'm hopeful for the second part of your post, that anyone who hurt someone else would get their due, can I still be a "defender"?

We all know that bad stuff happened or that there were high indications of something bad having happened, otherwise a state wouldn't usually open a lawsuit. The problem is that we've now reached a point where every story that came out is automatically soaked up by blind believers, to the tune that Blizzard's failure to make good games is being scapegoated onto the accused individuals(ie "it is Afrasiabi's fault that WoW's story direction is garbage").
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-04-02 at 11:09 AM.