Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Obviously the stock value will play a role, but when a company is made an example of it usually plummets more than when they settle and play it off as “the cost of doing business”.
    I don't see this happening the vast majority of companies get a slap on the wrist. We've seen companies do way worse and get a slap (Pfizer, Hsbc, Goldman Sachs etc). It's a depressingly long list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    If my ceiling computation is correct, that may wipe out more than a year's worth of profit. That may be enough to make investors nervous.
    Lol I see little chance of that happening it is usually in the 1% or less range. The stock will soar after the settlement.

"I don't think it's the kind of thing that people should be going out on Twitter, social media, or elsewise and assuming that everything the state of California complains of is 100% accurate."

https://youtu.be/NyerVVc2e98?t=2902

- - - Updated - - -

They're trying to go after Riot for $400 million. I compared revenue so that's how I arrived at that ceiling.

$400m for Riot is about 22.8% of its 2020 revenue.
    The ask for these lawsuits are much higher than the settlement. I also think with riot it has more to do with Tencent who owns them. They may make an example of them considering anti china sentiments.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't think it's the kind of thing that people should be going out on Twitter, social media, or elsewise and assuming that everything the state of California complains of is 100% accurate."

https://youtu.be/NyerVVc2e98?t=2902
    These certainly aren't the days where that advice would ever be taken, sadly.

That's why I said it's a ceiling.
    That's fair also taking into account Bobby is big GOP donor.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    So Blizzard pushes a bunch of woke shit on us, but at the same time still treating their female workers like garbage.
    All of the "woke shit" that companies are pushing these days is just marketing. They don't actually care about all of these silly causes.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2021-07-23 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh..

Right, so. I don't believe boycotting Blizzard is going to solve the problem, there are too many sharks in the waters, so shooting one won't solve the problem.

That being said, I have decided to sell off my ATVI stocks, making a small earning before it becomes a loss. I will, most likely, still enjoy their content but will be listening in on investment calls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    All of the "woke shit" that companies are pushing these days is just marketing. They don't actually care about all of these silly causes.
    Honestly. Publicity is an advertisement. The fans branded it as the company being "woke" without thinking about what is going on behind the screens.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    He looks pretty fucking white to me.
    In the US "white men" often means "European men", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people
    (Legally it's been more complicated.)

To me the problem seems more like frat-boy-mentality, regardless of ethnicity.

Great, they're going to double down on feminist issues and other woke garbage. Expect WoW to die soon because this shit wasn't popular at all to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

He looks pretty fucking white to me.

Him being "Iranian" is basically akin to me saying "I'm half Greek, thus not a white guy". (I'm almost disturbingly white.)
    Him being Iranian means he has Middle Eastern roots. You'd compare a Japanese to a Korean or a Philipino?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ugh..

Right, so. I don't believe boycotting Blizzard is going to solve the problem, there are too many sharks in the waters, so shooting one won't solve the problem.

That being said, I have decided to sell off my ATVI stocks, making a small earning before it becomes a loss. I will, most likely, still enjoy their content but will be listening in on investment calls.
    You don't have to look at it as trying to solve the problem. After reading the court filling I have chosen to not support Blizzard as a company, it wasn't helped that I haven't had a desire to play their games over the last couple of years anyway. This is all a personal choice if you choose to continue to support a person or company. That is fine if you separate art from artist or product from company. I know that me personally will not in anyway affect Blizzard financially but I still choose not to support the company anymore, even though I have been a fan of the company well over 20 years since the days of Diablo II and Starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Him being Iranian means he has Middle Eastern roots. You'd compare a Japanese to a Korean or a Philipino?
    He looks like a standard white guy. I don't understand the nitpicking around where his roots are from.

Are we one drop ruling here or wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    In the US "white men" often means "European men", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people
    (Legally it's been more complicated.)

To me the problem seems more like frat-boy-mentality, regardless of ethnicity.
    Yeah, I know what I means, tho it's also a skin deep affair. But if you google any image of him he looks like a pretty standard white guy. You might go Italian-American if anything, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-07-23 at 08:16 AM.

He looks like a standard white guy. I don't understand the nitpicking around where he's roots are from.

Are we one drop ruling here or wtf?
    Lol I almost wanted to go into an argument until I saw the dumb Antifa flag. Go away with your race baiting trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My front door's mostly unlocked all day, and often open with just the unlocked screen door keeping bugs out.

No, I don't live in the boonies, I live in a normal subdivision.

So, super terrible example that just goes to prove my point, really.
    Yeah, well, but you live in Canada. For most of us around the planet, the quoted example was not exactly unreasonable.

The same company that removed swifty and fired a voiceactor because of allegations lol. Some karma right there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    because people from middle east are mostly white people... lol...
    I was originally replying to someone who was pointed at Afrasiabi's Iranian roots as some sort of excuse to the allegation of Blizzard having a white boy frat culture. The allegation stands as Afrasiabi is not an exception.

He looks like a standard white guy. I don't understand the nitpicking around where his roots are from.
    Exactly, I don't understand this nicpicking by the state.

Why are they specifically saying that the problem are "white men", and then names a perpetrator that isn't a "white man"? Why not just say that the problem is a toxic workplace with a frat-boy culture?

Was it a similar failure to identify the real issue at Blizzard that caused the racism/sexism against Julian Murillo-Cuellar (Psychlolis)?

Anyway, just uninstalled all my Blizzard stuff today. And to think I sent my wife a job opening for them just a few days prior.

The article talks about an employee committing suicide and the photos of the aftermath were sent around the office? What in the fuck is going on over there.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2021-07-23 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Why are they specifically saying that the problem are "white men", and then names a perpetrator that isn't a "white man"? Why not just say that the problem is a toxic workplace with a frat-boy culture?

Was it a similar failure to identify the real issue at Blizzard that caused the racism/sexism against Julian Murillo-Cuellar (Psychlolis)?
    Because this is the US and if a topic isn't hyper-racialized, then it's an odd day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Because this is the US and if a topic isn't hyper-racialized, then it's an odd day.
    Unfortunately true, and this hyper-radicalization is also likely to leading to incorrect solution and missing actual problems as they don't fit neatly into the hyper-radicalized narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The same company that removed swifty and fired a voiceactor because of allegations lol. Some karma right there.
    Yeah. At least Twitch had Swifty's back. His stream popped off after all of those allegations. He was like top 5 streamer for a couple months if I remember right.

You should look into that a little more.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit